Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Booked through Delta, fare subject to unpublished SM earning rules

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booked through Delta, fare subject to unpublished SM earning rules

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:36 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by exwannabe
The threads like this and rowans are were the DL reps who monitor this board are failing their job.

A mea culpa on such helps.
They probably do not have anything to say and/or can't defend what happened.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by Bowgie
This is a "T" fare. Obviously should earn 100%. I vote with the previous post that it's a bug, which must be escalated thru Delta support channel.

Credit card charge-back is not going to work because the OP flew; basically got what he paid for in the eyes of the bank or amex.

In regards to Delta, there is no limit to IT stupidity.
But a CC chargeback of the extra money he paid that the agent said he had to pay to get full MQM on the return is completely reasonable. If DL doesn't refund it that is.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
I think rwoman's was also ex-UK -- so that is two points of similarity.
Originally Posted by rwoman
Correct.
I wonder if we're seeing another alignment here. DL charges YQ ex-Europe because its partners do. DL recently aligned fare classes with AF/KL. Almost seems like they're aligning SM earning ex-Europe as well... for T fares on AF/KL earn 25%, don't they?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 2:01 pm
Suspended

File a DOT complaint?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by javabytes
I wonder if we're seeing another alignment here. DL charges YQ ex-Europe because its partners do. DL recently aligned fare classes with AF/KL. Almost seems like they're aligning SM earning ex-Europe as well... for T fares on AF/KL earn 25%, don't they?
For Flying Blue it may be that way, but AF/KL T fares earn 100% MQM/RDM according to the DL page for earning on partners.

However, for me, it was a ticket booked after the realignment of fares, so maybe a coding issue is messed up somewhere for ex-LHR flights.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
File a DOT complaint?
Depending on the answer I get, this would be the next step.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 5:19 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hertz Gold PC
Originally Posted by JWGJWG
Sure.
LON DL NYC 40.20TLXP20GB DL LON 40.20TLXP20GB NUC80.40END ROE.621791 XF JFK4.5
Thanks, it seems like standard T fare. I would cal 404 number as rwoman did.

Mine +1 into the software glitch theory (unfortunately the worst scenario with Delta).
Old Feb 18, 2013, 6:44 pm

Sorry if this sounds selfish! but how do I find out if I will be getting 100% MQMs or not, I have three flights booked directly with Delta and they are all class T, looking at 25K MQM thats my half way through to my yearly GM which I never had to worry about in the past? is there a way I can get Delta to tell me? their Customer support in the past have assured me that I will be getting 100% and I didn't I received 25% but they blamed it on Expedia fare! but from this post it sounds to me like it doesn't even matter

Thanks guys!
Old Feb 18, 2013, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by ubw117
Sorry if this sounds selfish! but how do I find out if I will be getting 100% MQMs or not, I have three flights booked directly with Delta and they are all class T, looking at 25K MQM thats my half way through to my yearly GM which I never had to worry about in the past? is there a way I can get Delta to tell me? their Customer support in the past have assured me that I will be getting 100% and I didn't I received 25% but they blamed it on Expedia fare! but from this post it sounds to me like it doesn't even matter

Thanks guys!
You'll know after the MQMs post
Old Feb 18, 2013, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by mapotofu
So no way to find out before? is it even worth it to move up a class to be sure?
Old Feb 19, 2013, 1:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mapotofu
So no way to find out before? is it even worth it to move up a class to be sure?
Of you already have a ticket you'll have to pay a change fee. Also you'd be giving out free money. You're entitled to 100% MQM so fight them if you don't get it.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:18 am

Sorry if this sounds selfish! but how do I find out if I will be getting 100% MQMs or not
Take a look at this post.

I could be wrong, but it seems as if meeting codes, consolidator codes, etc., are designated in the fare code with a slash separating the two parts. See the example given in that post, and if your fare code looks similar, you might have a fare that only earns 25%.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by AeroWesty

I could be wrong, but it seems as if meeting codes, consolidator codes, etc., are designated in the fare code with a slash separating the two parts. See the example given in that post, and if your fare code looks similar, you might have a fare that only earns 25%.
OP has T-fare code without any additional meeting/consolidator/etc. designation:
Sure.
But OP also got only 25% of miles for this ticket booked on DL.com.
And nobody from Delta could explain why.

Last edited by inno.SAN-ICN; Feb 19, 2013 at 5:00 am
Old Feb 19, 2013, 4:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by inno.SAN-ICN
Originally Posted by AeroWesty

OP has T-fare code without any additional meeting/consolidator/etc. designation:
Sure.
But he also got only 25% of miles for this ticket booked on DL.com.
And nobody from Delta could explain him why.
I can explain: this is part of the fare code alignment with AF/KL that has yet to be announced and may be implemented without announcement. Sort of like when Chinese are "harmonized" by being whisked away to gulags never to be heard from again.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by HongKonger
I can explain: this is part of the fare code alignment with AF/KL that has yet to be announced and may be implemented without announcement. Sort of like when Chinese are "harmonized" by being whisked away to gulags never to be heard from again.
I still hope that it's a DL software glitch, but I'm afraid you are right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.