Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Double Miles On Flights To Asia "(Targeted)" Promo

Old Feb 15, 13, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

(Targeted) Just got an e-mail advertising double miles on all flights to/from Asia. Pretty generous IMO as it covers the next ~10 months and is not capped.. here's the link if you didn't get the e-mail, though it seems to only work for those targetted in the e-mail: http://dmn.delta.com/ace_plrs/DoubleMilesToAsia/

Earn double miles on flights between the U.S. and Asia through December 31st.

Dear spikyone,

Whether you're flying for business or pleasure, earn double bonus miles when you fly Delta between the U.S. and Asia*.

First register, then purchase and fly between the U.S. and Asia now through December 31, 2013, to earn double bonus miles. The more you fly, the more you can earn—it's unlimited!

Want to make the flight even more enjoyable? Relax in style by booking a seat in Economy Comfort™, which includes 3–4 additional inches of legroom, up to 50% more recline and complimentary spirits on most long-haul international flights.

We look forward to seeing you on board soon!

T&C:
Eligibility: Only members who receive this communication directly from Delta Air Lines are eligible to participate in this offer. This offer is non–transferable. To participate in this offer, targeted members must first register online by December 31, 2013 (ending 11:59:59 PM, U.S. CDT on 12/31/13). Promotional registration is required before purchasing and taking flight, and only tickets purchased (following promotional registration) will qualify for this bonus.

Bonus Offer: Purchase and fly on Delta marketed and operated flights to or from the U.S. and the following cities in Asia: Beijing/PEK, Shanghai/PVG, Guam/GUM, Hong Kong/HKG, Narita/NRT, Osaka/KIX, Fukuoka/FUK, Haneda/HND, Nagoya/NGO, Saipan/SPN, Palau/ROR, Manila/MNL, Singapore/SIN, Seoul Incheon/ICN, Taipei/TPE, Bangkok/BKK, between February 15, 2013, and December 31, 2013, and earn double bonus miles on all flight segments purchased with a published fare that earns full mileage accrual. Codeshare flights operated by carriers other than Delta are excluded from this offer. There is no limit to the bonus miles that can be earned within the qualification period. Travel may originate or terminate in any city; however, bonus miles will only be earned based on travel flown on Delta operated flights to or from the U.S. 50 and the eligible cities listed.

Travel Period: Travel must be between February 15, 2013, and December 31, 2013. All travel must be completed by December 31, 2013.

Economy Comfort: Economy Comfort seating is limited and may not be available on all flights. Increased recline and complimentary spirits are only offered as a benefit of Economy Comfort on flights between the U.S. and South America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia, and Asia. Economy Comfort fees are charged per customer per segment. The Economy Comfort Medallion® travel companion benefit is applicable for up to eight companions traveling on the same reservation as the Medallion member. Delta reserves the right to assign or reassign an Economy Comfort seat at any time, even after boarding of the aircraft, for operational, safety or security reasons. Passengers seated in the bulkhead row may be reassigned to accommodate passengers with disabilities. The final decision resides with the ground staff and the operating crew on the day of the flight. In the event you have paid for and are not accommodated into an Economy Comfort seat, you are entitled to a refund in the amount paid for the Economy Comfort seat. Refunds will not be issued in the event of an upgrade to or accommodation in First Class or Business Class.

Miscellaneous: All SkyMiles® program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit Membership Guide & Program Rules. Certain unpublished fares are not eligible for promotional participation. You may visit delta.com for more details and specific restrictions. Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply. Offers and benefits are subject to change without notice. Bonus miles do not count toward Medallion® status or Million Miler™ status. Bonus applies only to the traveling SkyMiles member. This offer cannot be combined with other Delta/SkyTeam® offers.

Promotional Reference Code: Please refer Delta customer service representative to 97061036.

Promotional Fulfillment: Your bonus miles will appear automatically on your SkyMiles statement. Allow up to six weeks after qualifying travel is completed for credit to appear.

Last edited by spikyone; Feb 15, 13 at 4:42 pm
Old Feb 15, 13, 4:39 pm

very nice. But I did not receive any of those promotion emails. Any way i can ask Delta to send me an email?
Old Feb 15, 13, 4:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
WOW I hope I get this e-mail. One time please DL!
Old Feb 15, 13, 5:12 pm

Programs: Delta (SkyTeam) Plat, Hyatt GP Diamond, HH Diamond
No love shown to me. I'm guessing this e-mail only went out to those that don't frequently travel to Asia.
Old Feb 15, 13, 5:17 pm

Programs: Hilton C, Marriott Pt, Delta Pt
Well, I'm not qualified for the Asian promo. However there was a different promo in my profile. I didn't get an email for this promo so go check you "My Delta" page.

Double mile bonus between JFK and Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic or Santiago, Dominican Republic or Port-au-Prince, Haiti until July 31, 2013.

JFK-Caribbean Promo
Old Feb 15, 13, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
I can't even get any of those links to load, let along tell me I got a rock.
Old Feb 15, 13, 6:16 pm

Programs: DL PM
Ugh, Rock for the whole SharkTums family, bummer.
Old Feb 15, 13, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1MM, UX Suma Gold, Marriott Bonvoy™️ Gold, Hilton Gold, Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
Whoa! Surprisingly, I actually am eligible! I do travel frequently to Asia... including once to Beijing on an M fare last year, which might be why I was targeted. My girlfriend, a GM with one future Asia trip booked in T, was not eligible.

Surprising, given that my custValueSeg is 0
Old Feb 15, 13, 7:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Hm, looks like everyone in my immediate and extended family (including our 2 y.o. who just got her account opened a week ago and didn't even travel yet) is eligible for the Caribbean promo
Old Feb 15, 13, 10:05 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Targeted, have made 3 TPAC trips over the last 5 years.

Are flying TATL for this year's anniversary trip though
Old Feb 15, 13, 10:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyertalk77 View Post
Well, I'm not qualified for the Asian promo. However there was a different promo in my profile. I didn't get an email for this promo so go check you "My Delta" page.

Double mile bonus between JFK and Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic or Santiago, Dominican Republic or Port-au-Prince, Haiti until July 31, 2013.

JFK-Caribbean Promo
Same here. Not eligible for the Asia promo, but for the Caribbean promo
Shame, as I have a trip to China coming up in April.

Edit to add: In fact, now I think about it...this shows you just how irrational DL has become. Instead of letting me signup for the promo which will make me seriously consider the more expensive DL flight to China, DL refuses to make to offer available to me. Result: flying with the cheaper competition (AC or UA). Good job, DL!
Old Feb 15, 13, 10:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Looking at the T&C of the Carribean promo it does not appear to be targeted at all (unlike the Asian one). I guess even those eligible for the Asian promotion can see the Carribean one in their DL account profile.
Old Feb 15, 13, 11:56 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
Have done HND/NRT to LAX/SFO at least half a dozen times in the last two years, never been anywhere near the Caribbean.

So of course I qualify for the Caribbean promo.
Old Feb 16, 13, 12:30 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors

I also qualify for JFK-Caribbean. For a person whose address is on Asia that is not exactly useful. Boooooo

Who would I call if I want to lobby to be included in the Asia promo?
Old Feb 16, 13, 12:50 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles PM
This is soooo tempting. Just got the promo email. I already have a PNS-MNL award ticket booked for March. I was able to book ATL-ICN-MNL on KAL. Looking forward to the KAL FAs and the KAL lounge in ICN, BUT I'm actually considering refunding the reward ticket and buying a ticket to get the bonus miles. As a PM will I still collect the double miles in addition to receiving the targeted promo miles? Essentially earning TRIPLE miles on an Asia run. BTW, I've made the PNS-MNL round trip 4 times since 2011.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: