Wiki Posts
Search

JFK T4 Phase II

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
Not the right thread, but many JFK-SLC flights are now leaving from T4. Make sure you check when you arrive. If it is T4 you will need to take the bus
Right, there is shuttle bus at gate 19 in entire T2.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 8:05 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by DLCorpGalNYC
This is a great question. I'm going to have to ask someone at PANYNJ as they manage all of the Airtrain stations, walkways etc. Let me see if I can dig up an answer and get back to you.
DLCorpGalNYC, just checking in to see if you've been able to get an answer yet (and understand if you haven't). This morning's weather is a great example of the need for some sort, at a minimum, of a covered walkway from the Airtrain to T2.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 8:54 am

Programs: DL EOS...
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
DLCorpGalNYC, just checking in to see if you've been able to get an answer yet (and understand if you haven't). This morning's weather is a great example of the need for some sort, at a minimum, of a covered walkway from the Airtrain to T2.
Also, since superstorm Sandy T3 elevators for ENCLOSED Airtrain skywalk have been down forcing people to weather the elements and wait, wait, wait for those stupidly long crosswalk lights.

C'mon Delta, world class airline, really?
Old Mar 8, 2013, 11:59 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by Ti22
Also, since superstorm Sandy T3 elevators for ENCLOSED Airtrain skywalk have been down forcing people to weather the elements and wait, wait, wait for those stupidly long crosswalk lights.

C'mon Delta, world class airline, really?
OMG that is still not fixed. I thought it was ridiculous a month after when I tried to use them but 6 months and counting is terrible
Old Mar 8, 2013, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
OMG that is still not fixed. I thought it was ridiculous a month after when I tried to use them but 6 months and counting is terrible
They can keep that Sandy sign up there, but I think it is a safe bet that it is NOT going to be fixed
Old Mar 8, 2013, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by javabytes
I'm sort of going to miss the hamster tubes.

Ok not really.
I won't miss those, or the "authentic bus station" atmosphere at Gates 23 and 25, but I did think walking the tarmac amidst the roar of the engines and the smell of JET-A was kinda cool.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stevekstevek
I won't miss those, or the "authentic bus station" atmosphere at Gates 23 and 25, but I did think walking the tarmac amidst the roar of the engines and the smell of JET-A was kinda cool.
Do you really think that they will decommission those miserable RJ farms?

I don't and expect that DL will look for some more slots at JFK from which they can run one-a-day RJs to some new destinations arriving JFK about 4-5PM in time for the evening's international push.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by FlyAO2
They can keep that Sandy sign up there, but I think it is a safe bet that it is NOT going to be fixed
I think "that Sandy sign" ought to be changed, from:

"Due to storm damage this connector is temporarily closed."

to

"Due to future remodeling this connector is permanently closed."

From all appearances, the damage caused by Sandy (in October) was negligible, if that. Best would be, just open it again, until May (or so) when T3 is supposed to be closed and destroyed. For the hundreds a day crossing that miserable street, c'mon Delta!
Old Mar 8, 2013, 9:50 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by stevekstevek
I actually liked that on a nice day, although one time an employee of DL's security contractor told me I couldn't take photographs of ground operations. Then again, I remember an RJ parking at an outer location for Gate 23 during one of the winter months, and the walkway one was compelled to use (could not go outside this canopy-covered walkway) had close to a foot of water on it.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 9:54 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by monitor
Do you really think that they will decommission those miserable RJ farms?

I don't and expect that DL will look for some more slots at JFK from which they can run one-a-day RJs to some new destinations arriving JFK about 4-5PM in time for the evening's international push.
I remember several years ago when JFK opened up some more slots that Delta beat jetBlue to the punch by commissioning some ancient DASH-50 four engine turboprops operated by the unlamented Freedom Airlines, flying to such points as BWI, ALB and BTV. One of the most memorable flight attendants I've ever seen worked for Freedom--she had a pierced tongue and a tongue stud. You can't make this stuff up.
Old May 10, 2013, 4:20 am

Programs: DL DM 1MM, DL reserve, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
DL JFK T4 2 weeks till opening day - preview today. PICS

I checked in this morning at T4 even though I was flying out of T3. The SkyPriority area looks great and looks ready to open in 2 weeks. It has a long corridor that will have its very own TSA lanes.

The upper area of the TSA security is complete, though this morning at 5am only two lanes were open and no SkyPriority or any view of First/Business line. I did enter from the Delta side which was much shorter than the other side. around 20mins to clear. No sign of TSAPrecheck just yet. I asked the TSA agent who wasn't sure but assumed they would.

You take the escalators down to the gate area and much more open feel to it.
I did walk down to the end of the concourse but there was a giant wall still up, I assume it will reveal the new extension on May 24.

I took the shuttle bus to T3 and was asked to show my boarding pass, so those who want to try and see the T4 if you arrive at T2 on or after May 24th you are out of luck in visiting the new terminal. They will still ask to see a boarding pass.

I fly out of LGA on May 24th but might be temped to switch to JFK

ENTRANCE SKY PRIORITY - no sign up yet

GLASS VIEW OF SKY PRIORITY

TSA SECURITY
Old May 10, 2013, 8:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
it looks nice, thanks for the pics. Though, good thing this had nothing to do with UA, they would've kicked you out of the terminal.
Old May 10, 2013, 9:12 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by nycflyer75

The upper area of the TSA security is complete, though this morning at 5am only two lanes were open and no SkyPriority or any view of First/Business line. I...
this is disturbing because someone else said they saw a SkyPriority / First Class line. Hopefully you just missed it and it hasn't been removed.
Old May 10, 2013, 9:58 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Natl Exec
Can't wait. Thanks for the pics!
Old May 10, 2013, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Wow! It's so beautiful! I really like it lots.

How many MMW do they have? How many TSA checkpoint lanes? Is that more than 5 or 10 checkpoint lanes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.