Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta and Starwood introduce Crossover Rewards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2013, 7:29 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mr_burdell
same here, we use Amex, but haven't seen any points. still within the quoted 4-6 weeks though.
Didn't the program start for flights on or after 3/1? If so we are not quite in the 4 week window.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 9:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TTT
Didn't the program start for flights on or after 3/1? If so we are not quite in the 4 week window.
True, but folks started reporting miles and points posting around the middle of the month. IME many promotions state a longer interval to posting that they really observe, probably because they want to avoid broken promises and dealing with complaints if implementation doesn't go as quickly or as smoothly as anticipated.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 3:04 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
Starwoods' own promotions have not in my experience been very timely, so I would expect 4-6 weeks means actual, not projected.

I looked at a booking today where both flight pairs said they were SPG but then the fine print said not SPG eligible. All 4 legs were DL and had no "operated by" notations, not even for a connection.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 3:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kitkat77
Starwoods' own promotions have not in my experience been very timely, so I would expect 4-6 weeks means actual, not projected.

I looked at a booking today where both flight pairs said they were SPG but then the fine print said not SPG eligible. All 4 legs were DL and had no "operated by" notations, not even for a connection.
Why not eligible? If these were DL coded and DL operated flights booked on delta.dumb (which is where you saw the SPG eligible indication) and paid for entirely with money (so not an award ticket and not pay with miles), why would they not earn the SPG points if you're elite?
Old Mar 25, 2013, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Why not eligible? If these were DL coded and DL operated flights booked on delta.dumb (which is where you saw the SPG eligible indication) and paid for entirely with money (so not an award ticket and not pay with miles), why would they not earn the SPG points if you're elite?
Exactly my question.

Route was RDU-ATL-LIM, and I believe on a "V" fare. Both RDU-ATL-LIM and LIM-ATL-RDU showed the SPG logo. All DL coded, all DL operated.

Then delta.crap showed at the bottom of the fare pricing page, the not eligible for crossover rewards blurb.

Are V fares not eligible?
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton, Marriott & SPG Platinum & a whole lot of other programs...
Exactly my question.

Route was RDU-ATL-LIM, and I believe on a "V" fare. Both RDU-ATL-LIM and LIM-ATL-RDU showed the SPG logo. All DL coded, all DL operated.

Then delta.crap showed at the bottom of the fare pricing page, the not eligible for crossover rewards blurb.

Are V fares not eligible?
I'm registered in both the DL and SPG systems, however, I've never seen any SPG logo when booking. Is there something I am doing wrong? None of my points have posted into SPG either and I fly weekly...
Old Mar 25, 2013, 8:00 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Either you haven't been registered for Crossover Rewards correctly, or your flights aren't eligible (all segments must be operated by DL or DL Connection).
Old Mar 25, 2013, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton, Marriott & SPG Platinum & a whole lot of other programs...
Originally Posted by milesandpoints
I'm registered in both the DL and SPG systems, however, I've never seen any SPG logo when booking. Is there something I am doing wrong? None of my points have posted into SPG either and I fly weekly...
All my flights are standard DL flights and I book on the DL website. (Most are ATL-CLT). I just checked both my Delta Account and SPG account and the show as linked. See pic:

Where do you see the logo when booking?
Old Mar 26, 2013, 7:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
When searching by price on delta.com, a purple SPG icon appears in the same area as flight amenities (WiFi, SP, etc.) for eligible flights. The SPG icon also appears on the booking page (the one where you enter payment info) beside each eligible flight.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 6:05 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum

FYI, just had points post from second week in March booked through Amex corporate travel agent.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by lamont2718
Either you haven't been registered for Crossover Rewards correctly, or your flights aren't eligible (all segments must be operated by DL or DL Connection).
As I stated above, with the relevant text in bold:

Also, my Delta and SPG have each posted to the others' points system so far for most of my flights and stays in March, so I am definitely registered.

I haven't tried it again, though, so maybe they fixed the "glitch".
Old Mar 28, 2013, 9:40 pm

Programs: DL,BA,KE
Looks like I had the return segment on 3/14 post but not the outbound on 3/10 to my SPG account. Guessing the dollar calc doesn't include taxes and fees? Doesn't seem to break down right.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by lamont2718
As I stated above, with the relevant text in bold [...]
Sorry if I wasn't clear -- I was responding to the immediately preceding post #108 by milesandpoints, not to your post #107.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 4:49 am

Programs: DL PM UA PSilver Marriott Lifetime Plat, AMEX Platinum, Avis PC, UA MPPPlus
I have also begun to see Delta stuff posting to my SPG account, and SPG stuff posting into Skymiles.

My Delta tickets were purchased via my employer's corporate travel account which uses Concur. My hotel stays were booked directly with the hotel, but I made sure that my SPG # was on file with the reservation prior to checkin.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Do we contact SPG about missing points from Crossover Rewards? four weeks now and nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.