Live satellite TV available?

Old Feb 3, 2013, 2:09 pm
eg
Original Poster

Live satellite TV available?

Hi, I have a bit of an odd question. Is there live satellite TV available in First on Delta flight 1845 from DFW to LAX (leaves at 7:35 pm)? If so, is TNT available?

I ask because the NBA All-Star game is on live at 8 pm the day we're flying and I was wondering if we'd be able to see the game somehow. I can't image signing up for the onboard wifi and streaming it to a tablet would be a great experience....

Eric
Old Feb 3, 2013, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Go ahead and flame away, but in a pinch I've done just that for NFL playoffs. The quality was poor but watchable and the other pax in my vicinity were appreciative.

Sorry, can't answer your specific flight and avod. what does DL.com say?
Old Feb 3, 2013, 2:36 pm
eg
Original Poster

The Delta website is vague about it, just saying that there is satellite TV on some flights but no specific details that I can find....

Eric
Old Feb 3, 2013, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Look at your itin online and decode the icons near the flight #.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
I know on Sunday nights I would try to work my flight schedule around the NFL games. Trying to time layovers for halftime.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
even if dl.dumb claims there is satellite TV they may switch the A/C and you'll end up with a different version. Would not count on this.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cfischer
even if dl.dumb claims there is satellite TV they may switch the A/C and you'll end up with a different version. Would not count on this.
Or if the satellite is broken or not working...like my past 3 flights that "had" sat TV.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 8:54 am
eg
Original Poster

It looks like that flight does have satellite TV. But it sounds like I should look into using the WiFi service as a backup, although I'm not sure the capacity will be there for 3 of us to be streaming the game!

Eric
Old Feb 4, 2013, 9:59 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
If it does have sat TV, it will have TNT.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.