FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   DL New route/restore service in Summer 2013 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1432859-dl-new-route-restore-service-summer-2013-a.html)

N830MH Jan 28, 2013 4:53 pm

DL New route/restore service in Summer 2013

DL will resume service during in Summer 2013 seasonal.

Here some of specific route will be restarted & a new route as well.

EWR-CDG with a 767-300ER as well.
ATL-ANC will resume for summer seasonal with a 757 aircraft.
ATL-BZN will operate Saturday service only with a 738 aircraft.
DTW-YVR will operate Saturday service only with a 738 aircraft.
JFK-YVR will operate daily service.

Still waiting for resume nonstop MSP-HNL or DTW-HNL as well.

davetravels Jan 28, 2013 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH (Post 20142081)

Still waiting for JFK/TXL!

stevekstevek Jan 28, 2013 6:09 pm

DL will resume service during in Summer 2013 seasonal.

Here some of specific route will be restarted & a new route as well.

ATL-ANC will resume for summer seasonal with a 757 aircraft.
ATL-BZN will operate Saturday service only with a 738 aircraft.
DTW-YVR will operate Saturday service only with a 738 aircraft.
JFK-YVR will operate daily service.

I was trying to find JFK-YVR, but couldn't see it; what months/times is it operating?

bsagator Jan 28, 2013 6:29 pm

and I'm waiting for the supposed JFK/SEA-HKG nonstop...even though SEA wouldn't really make a difference for me, as it would still be a two stop from MCO.

c_d Jan 28, 2013 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 20142250)

Make that 2! ^

mikehillwig Jan 28, 2013 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 20142250)

Make that three.

Can someone explain EWR-CDG to me? I just don't get the logic behind it. They'd be competing with COUA on this route in its own back yard, feeding AF traffic at CDG, and the only originating traffic would be from DL's own hubs.

It's not like DL has a big operation at EWR. It's modest service at best because most of the traffic in that region goes through JFK or LGA.

Now PIT-CDG makes a little more sense to me. They don't have any other competition on the route, and it was ripe for the picking. The EWR-CDG route would make more sense if AF were operating it on their own metal.

troyintn Jan 28, 2013 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by mikehillwig (Post 20142703)
Now PIT-CDG makes a little more sense to me. They don't have any other competition on the route, and it was ripe for the picking. The EWR-CDG route would make more sense if AF were operating it on their own metal.

I agree, but maybe AF will have a ton of code sharing on it to provide most of the traffic. Just a thought.

davetravels Jan 28, 2013 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by c_d (Post 20142449)
Make that 2! ^

I had a feeling I'd see you pop in here with your 2 eurocents worth! ;)

koreanair720 Jan 28, 2013 7:43 pm

Make that three.

Make that...er...vier

N830MH Jan 28, 2013 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by stevekstevek (Post 20142313)
I was trying to find JFK-YVR, but couldn't see it; what months/times is it operating?

Actually, JFK-YVR will start on June 10, 2013.

DL FLT#1393 JFK-YVR 7:30pm 10:40pm
DL FLT#1356 YVR-JFK 10:15pm 6:35am (redeye flight)

jrkmsp Jan 28, 2013 7:49 pm

Make that three.

Can someone explain EWR-CDG to me? I just don't get the logic behind it. They'd be competing with COUA on this route in its own back yard, feeding AF traffic at CDG, and the only originating traffic would be from DL's own hubs.

It's not like DL has a big operation at EWR. It's modest service at best because most of the traffic in that region goes through JFK or LGA.

Delta and Air France have a joint venture across the Atlantic, meaning all revenues and expenses are split equally, no matter who does the flying. So, the partners decided using a DL 767-300 was the right size for this route, even if almost all of the passengers will be coming from Air France. Just as they decided Air France's A340 was the right size plane for the second MSP-CDG round trip this summer, a route that Delta has flown twice daily this past summer and (I think) the summer before.

It's all about optimizing seats for the market.

N830MH Jan 28, 2013 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by jrkmsp (Post 20142845)
Delta and Air France have a joint venture across the Atlantic, meaning all revenues and expenses are split equally, no matter who does the flying. So, the partners decided using a DL 767-300 was the right size for this route, even if almost all of the passengers will be coming from Air France. Just as they decided Air France's A340 was the right size plane for the second MSP-CDG round trip this summer, a route that Delta has flown twice daily this past summer and (I think) the summer before.

Actually, DL has 1 daily RT, but not twice daily RT. AF has 1 daily RT and DL has 1 daily RT.

RobtheAggie Jan 29, 2013 7:06 am

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/a...-route-in-June

ATL-BTV on a MD-88 1x per day.
ATL-ONT is coming back as well. 737-800 late afternoon departure from ATL and Red-eye back to ATL.

Delta’s announcement Monday also included new nonstop routes beginning in June between Atlanta and Green Bay, and Atlanta and Anchorage

mtkeller Jan 29, 2013 7:11 am

This. The JV is metal neutral (for the time being…if the DL/VS JV is US-UK only, who knows what will happen if someone books EWR-CDG-LHR), so they don't care who operates the flights. For part of the year, DL is the only ST carrier on ORD-CDG as well, which they do for exactly the same reason that DL runs the EWR-CDG flight.

MSPeconomist Jan 29, 2013 7:18 am

I think PMNW experimented with the MSP-CDG route at times, but DL started it with a horrid 767 during the summer of the merger and then "suspended" it much earlier than had been planned. Then it went to one daily, operated by DL. There may have been two daily nonstops last summer, but not before that.

AFAIK AF has never served MSP, although for years KLM opeerated one of the daily nonstops to AMS, which became all NW/DL in about 2000.