Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Last Day to Redeem MH award

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2013, 4:20 am

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Originally Posted by RealHJ
You forgot CA and NH blackout dates. And it is 147 total blackout dates for OZ alone, going by your own count. (And then there is LH and other airlines blocking of inventory to others.) That is worse than for any SkyTeam airline. Combined total blackout dates, *A wins hands down by having the most.

MU business class is this, as you surely would know if you bothered to look online or actually fly it.
http://hk.ceair.com/muovc/main/en_HK/News/News239.html
First, I won't bother to fly that kind of business seat.
I have flown lie-flat C on SQ, AC, UA, DL, BA, CX, and other C products on CI, OZ, NH, TG, AF, KL, AA, DL, SQ, LH....etc...
I don't feel MU's business class is better than other lie-flat C.
In addition, the service level is not comparable to SQ or NH.

How many routes that you can get those business class seats?
Please do a search on United.com for *A award redemption.
How many places you can go with the LOW LEVEL award in economy class, business, and FIRST CLASS on *A v.s. SKYTEAM. Oh...yes, FIRST CLASS which you can't redeem on SKYTEAM.
Don't forget that SKYTEAM is the only alliance that you can't redeem F reward.
The MU seat looks good but many airlines have better C product than that.
I just don't understand why you like it so much??
I also don't understand why do you always use NH 767 seats compare to MU A330?
Does MU use A33E on intra Asia? If you fly MU from PVG to JFK, can you get those seats?
MU only operates those flights on London, Rome, Hamburg, Frankfurt, Deli and Vancouver routes if you bothered to check their website that you provided to me.
NH use their NEW BUSINESS/FIRST class seats on many long haul flights which are FAR better than the MU new business class seats. In addition, the service level isn't comparable.
LH/LX as well as SQ don't release their F product to other *A carriers. However, there are other *A carriers provide
F seat for people to redeem. Which F class on SKYTEAM that you can redeem by using Skypesos?

Last edited by pigx5; Jan 30, 2013 at 4:41 am
Old Mar 2, 2013, 7:28 pm

Nope, not quite accurate! Can confirm MH award space was just booked today: SIN-KUL-MLE. With hefty fees, though.

Originally Posted by luv_flying
That will be 1st Feb when MH joins Oneworld
Old Mar 10, 2013, 8:36 am

Programs: DL PM
If you can still redeem miles for MH this month, will paid tickets be credited with Skymiles for a flight this spring?
Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by Jac747
If you can still redeem miles for MH this month, will paid tickets be credited with Skymiles for a flight this spring?
I have to imagine so. When I was questioning @DeltaAssist about the availabilty of award seats back in February, the answer was essentially - if it's on the website that's what we do.

So, as MH is still listed as a SM earning partner it appears that you will earn miles. If for some reason you are not given the miles after the trip, I would request credit. Delta will assuredly throw 5000-10000 or so SkyPesos at you, which is not bad considering MH doesn't earn MQM.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 11:23 am

Programs: DL PM
Thanks, but if they don't earn MQM's I think I'll try to find another routing.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by Jac747
Thanks, but if they don't earn MQM's I think I'll try to find another routing.
As would I. Definitely no MQM earning with MH - sorry!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.