Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schmoops
Figured a highly collaborative effort like this needs a wikipost. As items and codes are confirmed, let's centralize them in one place rather than thumb through hundreds of discussion posts.

How to pull your information
Log into your SkyMiles account at Delta.com, then visit this link: https://www.delta.com/databroker/bcdata.action

What the items indicate
v01: Closest airport to home address (encoded using key 1)
v02: Country of residence
v03:
v04: Preferred departure airport/city (encoded using key 2)
v05: Language
v06: discSpndngAmt, in thousands
v07: Skymiles status level
v08: State/province (encoded using key 2)
v09: Pay with Miles eligible
v10: sunTrstInd
v11: prefDestCity
v12: MQS
v13: Hotel loyalty programs stored in DL.com profile (encoded using key 2, see post #829)
v14:
v15: Income, in thousands
v16: Current age + 99
v17: 1/2/3 MM Status
v18: Home value, in thousands
v19:
v20: SkyClub member
v21: SkyMiles account number
v22: Experian Mosaic segment (encoded using keys 1 and 3, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20913445) Description here and Segment Details here
v23: Saved search destination airports (encoded using key 1)
v24: SkyClub renewal date (coded using key 3)
v25: Saved payment information (encoded using key 1) AND SPG status (encoded using key 1, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20913463)
v26: Gender/prefix (1=male/Mr, 2=female/Ms/Mrs, 3=Dr/other) (to be confirmed)
v27:
v28: SkyMiles account number with 3 leading zeros (called "CustID" in previous data)
v29: Logged in (SM account)
v30: Customer Value Score (Questionable, and scale is unknown)
v31: RDM balance
v32: Dream trips from DL.com profile (encoded using key 2)
v33: MQM balance
v34: Activities & Interests from DL.com profile
v35:
v36:
v37:
v38:
v39: ?? Duplicate for Language ??
v40: ?? Duplicate for Country of Residence ??

Encoding

Three different coding keys are used for variables 01, 04, 08, 13, 22, 23, 24, 25, and 32. For full mappings, click here: Keys 1, 2, and 3
Print Wikipost

Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2013, 1:26 pm

Programs: Delta DM (3 MM) ; Sky Club (Lifetime)
Wired For Success

Thanks for the laugh, Delta.
I did not previously realize that I was either "wired" or "successful".

I only wish the same could be said of Delta.com

If they haven't fired the IT department for the complete fail of the website, perhaps this data breach (though now corrected) will tip the scales.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 1:28 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by Deemus7
As a DM with a value of "0" this is very interesting...I'd love to know how long others have been flying with Delta (especially those with a value of 20+). I only joined SkyMiles in college (2001) and didn't start flying with them extensively until 2006. Since then, I went:

2006: General Member-->FO
2007: FO
2008: FO
2009: FO-->GM
2010: GM-->PM-->DM (which I've been since)

I suppose it is very possible that my Delta travel has not been extensive enough to warrant a rating. I know most on here will have many years on me.

My wife was also FO in 2006 and 2007 and hasn't had earned status since (though I've gifted her gold status twice). She also had a value of "0."
My value is 11, I started my SM account in 2004, but rarely flew until 2009, when I status matched to Platinum on NW, and became platinum on DL with the merger.

I was back to nada in 2010, FO for 2011, and then made DM last year. So I would say, not a huge difference from your history but a much higher rating. I do fly on high fares but rarely paid F and only a couple international coach fares.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
www.flyertalk.com just rocks - way to go!!
Old Jan 25, 2013, 1:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
I missed my window.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 1:47 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Programs: SkyMiles
Update from Delta

Like many companies, Delta uses demographic and other data to help provide a personalized experience for our customers, improve how we communicate with them and design offers customized to their interests. While the data displayed was only available to the specific user, we sincerely regret that this code displayed and the confusion it may have caused for our customers. We worked to resolve the issue promptly upon discovering it.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 1:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by DLCorpGuy
Like many companies, Delta uses demographic and other data to help provide a personalized experience for our customers, improve how we communicate with them and design offers customized to their interests. While the data displayed was only available to the specific user, we sincerely regret that this code displayed and the confusion it may have caused for our customers. We worked to resolve the issue promptly upon discovering it.
What did you resolve?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 1:51 pm

Programs: Hilton, United, Gold DL
Didn't like your high spend DM and PM customers wondering why their value level was a 0 or a 1, while others were at 23?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 1:52 pm

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Any chance those of us who missed the opportunity can see our data? I'd really love to know what you guys think of *me*.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
But you really shouldn't.
What interests are you talking about-higher fares?
This is exactly why I use a GDS-it doesn't give me anything other than availability and they have no idea who the customer is that the TA is dealing with.
(Then again, it is kind of my job to analyze and use the stats to create a better experience, though I don't necessarily like what I am doing at all times.)
Old Jan 25, 2013, 1:55 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
...and the confusion it may have caused for our customers...
Confusion!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

Bawhahahahahahah. Gotta love corporate-speak.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by PRWeezer
I agree. I'm fascinated by the topic because I work in marketing/PR where audience segmentation is a key to success. I wonder how fluid the scores are? For example, after 3/1 when my status is gone, would other metrics change too? Makes sense that they would.

I don't take issue with a company knowing more about me that will help them market to me more effectively (other than the mosaic profile assuming I'm at retirement age even w my b-day correct ). But you're spot on that some folks seem to have taken this too seriously without knowing fully what it all means...and I agree it's most likely an ego thing. This thread wasn't needed to know that much!
I am also in marketing and I spent some time on my last flight thinking about what this means.
I wanted to view my stats again when I arrived but I can't check this anymore...
Old Jan 25, 2013, 1:58 pm

Programs: DL-DM, PC-PM
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
What did you resolve?
Us being able to see the data they have on us
Old Jan 25, 2013, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Confusion!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

Bawhahahahahahah. Gotta love corporate-speak.
The funny thing is I wasn't too confused about too many things the codes meant.

Programs: DL DM/1MM, Natl Exec Elite, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diam
Originally Posted by janetdoe
+1

Are you sure you're not from Louisiana instead of Ireland? http://www.thefreedictionary.com/beaucoup
Thanks for the etymology! I never knew it was from beaucoup... I just figured it was an American figure of speech. Now I almost feel like editing my prior spelling to not look so stupid

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
I am also in marketing and I spent some time on my last flight thinking about what this means.
I wanted to view my stats again when I arrived but I can't check this anymore...
How could you have not saved them? Of course, once DL PTB knew there was access, the access would be gone. Good gosh, how could you have not saved them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.