Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You

Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schmoops
Figured a highly collaborative effort like this needs a wikipost. As items and codes are confirmed, let's centralize them in one place rather than thumb through hundreds of discussion posts.

How to pull your information
Log into your SkyMiles account at Delta.com, then visit this link: https://www.delta.com/databroker/bcdata.action

What the items indicate
v01: Closest airport to home address (encoded using key 1)
v02: Country of residence
v03:
v04: Preferred departure airport/city (encoded using key 2)
v05: Language
v06: discSpndngAmt, in thousands
v07: Skymiles status level
v08: State/province (encoded using key 2)
v09: Pay with Miles eligible
v10: sunTrstInd
v11: prefDestCity
v12: MQS
v13: Hotel loyalty programs stored in DL.com profile (encoded using key 2, see post #829)
v14:
v15: Income, in thousands
v16: Current age + 99
v17: 1/2/3 MM Status
v18: Home value, in thousands
v19:
v20: SkyClub member
v21: SkyMiles account number
v22: Experian Mosaic segment (encoded using keys 1 and 3, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20913445) Description here and Segment Details here
v23: Saved search destination airports (encoded using key 1)
v24: SkyClub renewal date (coded using key 3)
v25: Saved payment information (encoded using key 1) AND SPG status (encoded using key 1, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20913463)
v26: Gender/prefix (1=male/Mr, 2=female/Ms/Mrs, 3=Dr/other) (to be confirmed)
v27:
v28: SkyMiles account number with 3 leading zeros (called "CustID" in previous data)
v29: Logged in (SM account)
v30: Customer Value Score (Questionable, and scale is unknown)
v31: RDM balance
v32: Dream trips from DL.com profile (encoded using key 2)
v33: MQM balance
v34: Activities & Interests from DL.com profile
v35:
v36:
v37:
v38:
v39: ?? Duplicate for Language ??
v40: ?? Duplicate for Country of Residence ??

Encoding

Three different coding keys are used for variables 01, 04, 08, 13, 22, 23, 24, 25, and 32. For full mappings, click here: Keys 1, 2, and 3
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 24, 2013, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AS MVPG, AA PP, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Natl EE

I noticed the new DL.com site loads this URL https://www.delta.com/databroker/bcdata.action which returns some data about you as a user when you're logged in.

The data is really interesting - they are pushing a LOT of personal data through in a very transparent/un-obfuscated format.

My semi-sanitized data in a web format called json is below - emphasis added in bold by me
{
"actvtyPref":"",
"bcInd":"Y",
"birthDt":"MyBirthDateWasHere",
"chldAgeRange":"",
"cobrandCardCd":"AX,AXCP",
"ctryCd":"US",
"custID":"MySkyMilesNumberWasHere",
"custValSeg":"1", - wonder about this value - is 1 high or low?
"dgtlLangPref":"en",
"discSpndngAmt":"#####",
"drvdGndr":"M",
"drvdHmArptCd":"SEA",
"hmArptPref":"SEA",
"homeValueAmt":"######",
"htlBrndPref":"",
"incomeAmt":"###",
"isLoggedIn":"Y",
"isPwmElig":"Y", - any ideas??
"isSmCust":"Y",
"mindsetSeg":"FL", - wonder about this one
"mosaicCd":"F22", - wonder about this too
"poCd":"#####-####",
"prefDestCity":"",
"prefDestCtry":"",
"savedSrchDest":"",
"skyClubFtrCntrctInd":"N",
"skyClubMMSts":"", - million miller status
"skyClubMbr":"N",
"skyClubRnwlDt":"",
"skyPrtyInd":"Y",
"smAmexCntrnInd":"N", - ??? any ideas?
"smAmexInd":"Y",
"smBalance":"#######",
"smMqmBal":"#####",
"smMqsBal":"#",
"smNbr":"############",
"smSunTrstInd":"N", - interesting that this is a new focus
"smTierLvl":"PM",
"stProvCd":"WA"}

Thoughts:
I'm sure that the purpose of putting this on the new site was to allow it to target ads/promos on the site to you using the features of the Adobe Day CMS that they switched to recently. That's all fine and good. It looks like they have just about every facet of their customer touch points described in their user profile except for "gateLice:true" or "boardsOutOfZone:true"

The ones that I'm really curious about are:
  • "custValSeg":"1" - I'm curious to know what you real high spending folks have here - hopefully not double digits so I don't feel too bad. I'm a PM and I spent a bit under 10K on Delta last year though more than 2x that across all airlines.
  • "mindsetSeg":"FL" - I wonder what FL means? At least it doesn't say FO! What do you all have?
  • "mosaicCd":"F22" - also interesting - would like to know what you all have
  • "incomeAmt":"$$$", - this was a surprisingly accurate 3 digit number representing my year income (when multiplied by $1000). Must come from AX?
  • "homeValueAmt":"$$$$$$", - my current house value estimate from zillow.com - mostly I think home value is an interesting metric for profiling airline ticket buyers - it seems less important especially when you know their income already. maybe if I had 7 digits they would hit me with Delta Private Jets harder
  • "discSpndngAmt":"$$$$$", - this is interesting - I'm not sure what they are basing this discretionary spending off of, but it was an interesting number to say the least.
So all this profiling is the new normal, but what is interesting to me are what these special codes mean for customer value, mindset, and mosaic, etc.

It makes me think of the AA "3 Eagle" customer rating stuff but a lot more fine grained.

Anyone have #'s they want to share or additional detailed insight?

Also, I should add you can get this data with Firebug for Firefox, Chrome, Safari or IE9 by loading the mileage activity page and inspecting the network traffic from your browser.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 9:02 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
If using IE, how do you inspect network traffic?
Old Jan 24, 2013, 9:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, National Exec Elite
Interesting....

Originally Posted by BallardFlyer;20118850[LIST
[*]"custValSeg":"1" - I'm curious to know what you real high spending folks have here - hopefully not double digits so I don't feel too bad. I'm a PM and I spent a bit under 10K on Delta last year though more than 2x that across all airlines.
I had 12[*] "mindsetSeg":"FL" - I wonder what FL means? At least it doesn't say FO! What do you all have?
I had SS[*] "mosaicCd":"F22" - also interesting - would like to know what you all haveB08[*] "incomeAmt":"$$$", - this was a surprisingly accurate 3 digit number representing my year income (when multiplied by $1000). Must come from AX?[*] "homeValueAmt":"$$$$$$", - my current house value estimate from zillow.com - mostly I think home value is an interesting metric for profiling airline ticket buyers - it seems less important especially when you know their income already. maybe if I had 7 digits they would hit me with Delta Private Jets harder[*] "discSpndngAmt":"$$$$$", - this is interesting - I'm not sure what they are basing this discretionary spending off of, but it was an interesting number to say the least.This number for me was almost identical to my total DL spend in 2012 (Tickets plus Tax)[/LIST]So all this profiling is the new normal, but what is interesting to me are what these special codes mean for customer value, mindset, and mosaic, etc.

It makes me think of the AA "3 Eagle" customer rating stuff but a lot more fine grained.

Anyone have #'s they want to share or additional detailed insight?

Also, I should add you can get this data with Firebug for Firefox, Chrome, Safari or IE9 by loading the mileage activity page and inspecting the network traffic from your browser.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 9:12 pm

Programs: DL DM; HH gold
Interesting. some of the data indeed is spooky accurate.

My guess is "discSpndngAmt":"#####" resembles what you can/have spent on tix last year? my number is pretty spot on on what I calculate as my spend last year (~23k).

"custValSeg":"" is a "3"
Old Jan 24, 2013, 9:13 pm

Can someone post how you get this using ie9 please.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 9:19 pm

Very interesting!

Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
If using IE, how do you inspect network traffic?
I just went to the URL (this one), which downloaded a JSON file that I cracked open in my favorite text editor.

Originally Posted by BallardFlyer
"actvtyPref":"",
"bcInd":"Y",
"birthDt":"MyBirthDateWasHere",
"chldAgeRange":"",
"cobrandCardCd":"AX,AXCP",
"ctryCd":"US",
"custID":"MySkyMilesNumberWasHere",
"custValSeg":"1", - wonder about this value - is 1 high or low?
"dgtlLangPref":"en",
"discSpndngAmt":"#####",
"drvdGndr":"M",
"drvdHmArptCd":"SEA",
"hmArptPref":"SEA",
"homeValueAmt":"######",
"htlBrndPref":"",
"incomeAmt":"###",
"isLoggedIn":"Y",
"isSmCust":"Y",
"mindsetSeg":"FL", - wonder about this one
"mosaicCd":"F22", - wonder about this too
"poCd":"#####-####",
"prefDestCity":"",
"prefDestCtry":"",
"savedSrchDest":"",
"skyClubFtrCntrctInd":"N",
"skyClubMMSts":"", - million miller status
"skyClubMbr":"N",
"skyClubRnwlDt":"",
"skyPrtyInd":"Y",
"smAmexInd":"Y",
"smBalance":"#######",
"smMqmBal":"#####",
"smMqsBal":"#",
"smNbr":"############",
"smSunTrstInd":"N", - interesting that this is a new focus
"smTierLvl":"PM",
"stProvCd":"WA"}

Thoughts:
I'm sure that the purpose of putting this on the new site was to allow it to target ads/promos on the site to you using the features of the Adobe Day CMS that they switched to recently. That's all fine and good. It looks like they have just about every facet of their customer touch points described in their user profile except for "gateLice:true" or "boardsOutOfZone:true"

The ones that I'm really curious about are:
  • "custValSeg":"1" - I'm curious to know what you real high spending folks have here - hopefully not double digits so I don't feel too bad. I'm a PM and I spent a bit under 10K on Delta last year though more than 2x that across all airlines.
  • "mindsetSeg":"FL" - I wonder what FL means? At least it doesn't say FO! What do you all have?
  • "mosaicCd":"F22" - also interesting - would like to know what you all have
  • "incomeAmt":"$$$", - this was a surprisingly accurate 3 digit number representing my year income (when multiplied by $1000). Must come from AX?
  • "homeValueAmt":"$$$$$$", - my current house value estimate from zillow.com - mostly I think home value is an interesting metric for profiling airline ticket buyers - it seems less important especially when you know their income already. maybe if I had 7 digits they would hit me with Delta Private Jets harder
  • "discSpndngAmt":"$$$$$", - this is interesting - I'm not sure what they are basing this discretionary spending off of, but it was an interesting number to say the least.
So all this profiling is the new normal, but what is interesting to me are what these special codes mean for customer value, mindset, and mosaic, etc.
"incomeAmt" was also eerily accurate for me and I suspect you are right that this must come from Amex. "homeValueAmt" was 0, no surprise as I currently live in an apartment. "discSpndngAmt" was laughably high for me, fully 70% of my pre-tax income! I suspect whatever calculation they are using is getting confused by my purchase of air tickets for work that are later reimbursed.

"smAmexCntrnInd" is probably something to do with an Amex Centurion card. "skyClubFtrCntrctInd" is something to do with SkyClub contracts(?), but that one's just a little too compressed for me to decode.

For me "custValSeg" is 0; I have to guess I'm one of DL's least valuable PMs, so higher here probably means "more valuable to DL". "mosaicCd" is "O53", which is just as mystifying to me as yours is to you.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 9:20 pm

Got it
Old Jan 24, 2013, 9:21 pm

In chrome, I clicked on the link here. Then in new tab logged in, went to activity page, went back to original tab and reloaded and it populated
Old Jan 24, 2013, 9:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, National Exec Elite
I just looked at another account that is FO. Custvalue 4, Spend amount was 25810, which is high....

As someone else posted the value could be related to the level. So this account could be a higher value FO at 4
Old Jan 24, 2013, 9:24 pm

Pwm eligible= pay with miles
Mosaic is mosaic marketing puts you in a category to market to
http://www.experian.com/assets/marke...c-brochure.pdf

Go to page 6 of this list and look for your code

Last edited by MR_MAMA; Jan 24, 2013 at 9:36 pm
Old Jan 24, 2013, 9:26 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Spooky indeed. Good find. And almost assuredly for ad targeting.

{"actvtyPref":"AT,SE,OA,ED,OP"
"bcInd":"Y"
"cobrandCardCd":"AXCG"
"ctryCd":"US"
"custValSeg":"2","dgtlLangPref":"en"
"discSpndngAmt":"XXXXX (doesn't match my ticket spend last year, for sure."
"drvdGndr":"M"
"drvdHmArptCd":"MSP"
"hmArptPref":"MSP"
"homeValueAmt":"XXXXXX Very accurate."
"htlBrndPref":""
"incomeAmt":"XXX insanely accurate, including a raise that's less than a month old"
"isLoggedIn":"Y"
"isPwmElig":"Y"
,"isSmCust":"Y"
"mindsetSeg":"FL"
"mosaicCd":"O51"
Deleted a bunch that was all standard account info...
"smTierLvl":"FO"
Old Jan 24, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
OP, if you want to share how to find this in Chrome I'd be happy to share my results.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 9:27 pm

Programs: DL DM & 1MM
Originally Posted by mnredfox
OP, if you want to share how to find this in Chrome I'd be happy to share my results.
All I did was login, and then clicked the link from the OP. All the data was filled in there....
Old Jan 24, 2013, 9:29 pm

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
fascinating... apparently i spent 14.5k (OPM lol) on dl... didn't even qualify for diamond

i am pretty sure this is the pay with miles eligible flag

this one is amex centurion - they get dl platinum status through the card
Old Jan 24, 2013, 9:30 pm

I posted unthread i how to in chrome.

My income is wayyyyyyy off, like what it was 12 years ago.

Mindsetseg= mindset segmentation marketing trying to figure out the code here

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.