Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schmoops
Figured a highly collaborative effort like this needs a wikipost. As items and codes are confirmed, let's centralize them in one place rather than thumb through hundreds of discussion posts.

How to pull your information
Log into your SkyMiles account at Delta.com, then visit this link: https://www.delta.com/databroker/bcdata.action

What the items indicate
v01: Closest airport to home address (encoded using key 1)
v02: Country of residence
v03:
v04: Preferred departure airport/city (encoded using key 2)
v05: Language
v06: discSpndngAmt, in thousands
v07: Skymiles status level
v08: State/province (encoded using key 2)
v09: Pay with Miles eligible
v10: sunTrstInd
v11: prefDestCity
v12: MQS
v13: Hotel loyalty programs stored in DL.com profile (encoded using key 2, see post #829)
v14:
v15: Income, in thousands
v16: Current age + 99
v17: 1/2/3 MM Status
v18: Home value, in thousands
v19:
v20: SkyClub member
v21: SkyMiles account number
v22: Experian Mosaic segment (encoded using keys 1 and 3, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20913445) Description here and Segment Details here
v23: Saved search destination airports (encoded using key 1)
v24: SkyClub renewal date (coded using key 3)
v25: Saved payment information (encoded using key 1) AND SPG status (encoded using key 1, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20913463)
v26: Gender/prefix (1=male/Mr, 2=female/Ms/Mrs, 3=Dr/other) (to be confirmed)
v27:
v28: SkyMiles account number with 3 leading zeros (called "CustID" in previous data)
v29: Logged in (SM account)
v30: Customer Value Score (Questionable, and scale is unknown)
v31: RDM balance
v32: Dream trips from DL.com profile (encoded using key 2)
v33: MQM balance
v34: Activities & Interests from DL.com profile
v35:
v36:
v37:
v38:
v39: ?? Duplicate for Language ??
v40: ?? Duplicate for Country of Residence ??

Encoding

Three different coding keys are used for variables 01, 04, 08, 13, 22, 23, 24, 25, and 32. For full mappings, click here: Keys 1, 2, and 3
Print Wikipost

Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2013, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Vuelos
Much of my data is skewed low but my customer value has increased since last time. Must be all the paid F...
That's interesting that yours changed. Mine remained the same (ZERO) despite buying more Y/B/M, J/C, and A/P tickets in the past several months. Confused about it, but oh well.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 9:31 am

Is Delta late to the Big Data party and behind the curve with its approach?

From http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/0...evolution/?hpw :

A key conclusion from Opera Solutions’ work with companies in many industries, including travel, Mr. Gupta said, is that “90 percent of the predictive value is in the behavioral data.” That is, by monitoring what people do online and in the physical world rather than demographic profiles that seek to predict what people will do based on gender, race, age and income.

The full report (linked in the article) is also a good read on this topic.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AS MVPG, AA PP, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Originally Posted by davisew
Is Delta late to the Big Data party and behind the curve with its approach?

From http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/0...evolution/?hpw :

The full report (linked in the article) is also a good read on this topic.
No, I think this "known" profile data is only part of the equation for how they are handling digital marketing.

Delta.com is running on the Adobe CQ5 CMS (formerly Day) and this product has very impressive behavioral targeting capability that can track your referring site, campaign, page viewing activity (clickstream), and more to deliver targeted offers and content.

I would imagine they are are using this "known" demographic data as an overlay on top of the minute by minute clickstream data they are capturing to deliver the most relevant offers. For example they would use both sets of data to know that even if you are reading about the benefits of Amex cobrand CC on the site, if you already have a DL plat per your profile then they need to show you the upsell to Reserve instead of the normal signup for DL Plat etc.

I see it happen all the time on their site - you will see the promos shift to be super targeted after you login to the site. They could to take it to the next level to store some persistent data for non-authenticated users.

Are they maximizing behavioral as much as they could or want to - absolutely not, but they are doing it to some degree. I'd bet they want to do dynamic bundling and pricing that tracks your personal purchase patterns and then delivering a ticket package that will encourage conversion/purchase (e.g. "get free wifi with this flight" or "get first class for $75 more for you" where as it is $150 for another person to Y-UP).

Anyway, just my .02.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 3:06 pm

Alarming.

Is there some sort of waiver on the AmEx application that allows them to provide your SS#, credit score, etc. to DL?
Old Jul 4, 2013, 7:02 pm

Programs: Enough
{"v01":"AAA","v02":"CA","v03":"Y","v04":"","v05":" en","v06":"","v07":"GM","v08":"MU","v09":"Y","v10" :"N","v11":"","v12":"13","v13":"","v14":"N","v15": "","v16":"119","v17":"","v18":"","v19":"N","v20":" N","v21":"OMITTED","v22":"","v23":"","v24":"","v25 ":"BLEZ","v26":"1","v27":"Y","v28":"OMITTED","v29" :"Y","v30":"0","v31":"1610","v32":"","v33":"26838" ,"v34":"","v35":"Y","v36":"N","v37":""}

They know very little! A little offensive that I'm worth 0 to them, mind me, I've done 60+ MQS this past year by spending less than 2k (VDB!)
Old Jul 7, 2013, 7:23 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
on the V30 it is showing up on the website itself. does anyone have a clue on the scale I assume 1 - 100 looking at my score.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 8:29 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by troyintn:21054477
on the V30 it is showing up on the website itself. does anyone have a clue on the scale I assume 1 - 100 looking at my score.
Don't even know if it is a scale or translates to other values like the Experian value.

All speculation on what it means.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 10:35 am

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
Can someone tell me what program you use to open the file in the link? I'm not having any luck finding one...
Old Jul 7, 2013, 11:16 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Lots of erroneous data in mine. Based on my '0', I'm thinking of changing my FT handle to DL-LVC.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 11:40 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Lots of erroneous data in mine. Based on my '0', I'm thinking of changing my FT handle to DL-LVC.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 2:02 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
Don't even know if it is a scale or translates to other values like the Experian value.

All speculation on what it means.
It could be as simple as what quartile for revenue you are in.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by JBJ2435
Can someone tell me what program you use to open the file in the link? I'm not having any luck finding one...
Just open it in your browser... if it doesn't display in your browser and tries to open a file instead, choose Notepad.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 9:45 pm

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Hah hah hah hah!!!

* DL thinks I'm an urban edge "metropolitan struggler" of low affluence living in an urban area. It got half of it right.
* It also thinks my income is $14k a year. That's what I made 10 years ago as grad student. It got my home value correct based on Zillow.
* And it thinks that I spent $9k on DL tickets. I flew on a $500 RGN-JFK with DL operating FRA-JFK.
* My customer value score is 0. Absolutely correct.

Regardless, up yours, Delta, for trying to pry into my income!!! Wish there was a customer value score to reflect my sentiment.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: DL EOS...
Originally Posted by Wiirachay
Hah hah hah hah!!!

* DL thinks I'm an urban edge "metropolitan struggler" of low affluence living in an urban area. It got half of it right.
* It also thinks my income is $14k a year. That's what I made 10 years ago as grad student. It got my home value correct based on Zillow.
* And it thinks that I spent $9k on DL tickets. I flew on a $500 RGN-JFK with DL operating FRA-JFK.
* My customer value score is 0. Absolutely correct.

Regardless, up yours, Delta, for trying to pry into my income!!! Wish there was a customer value score to reflect my sentiment.
There is, it's called "choose another carrier!"
Old Aug 24, 2013, 1:39 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
I just looked at my profile for the first time. I may have tried before and not realized that the four lines of gobbledygook constituted my profile; this time I looked more closely.

The data in my profile are up to date insofar as my MQM, RDM, and age are exactly current.

My income is listed as a bit lower than the actual, maybe 12% off. My home value shows as about 50% lower than either the current Zillow estimate or the purchase price a couple of years ago.

Does "discSpndngAmt" refer to Delta spend (in which case it's way higher than what I spend) or AmEx spend (in which case it's in the ballpark for my spend so far this year) or something else? It's definitely not what I spend on Delta.

The profile says I am not a SkyClub member, although I have been one for about three years. I pay for my membership with miles, which may not count for the purposes of the profile.

Alas, my Customer Value Score is 0! This comes as no surprise, as I am retired and buy my own tickets at the lowest priced economy fares.

Is somebody following this thread and compiling all the information we're adding? I haven't read most of the entries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.