Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You

Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schmoops
Figured a highly collaborative effort like this needs a wikipost. As items and codes are confirmed, let's centralize them in one place rather than thumb through hundreds of discussion posts.

How to pull your information
Log into your SkyMiles account at Delta.com, then visit this link: https://www.delta.com/databroker/bcdata.action

What the items indicate
v01: Closest airport to home address (encoded using key 1)
v02: Country of residence
v03:
v04: Preferred departure airport/city (encoded using key 2)
v05: Language
v06: discSpndngAmt, in thousands
v07: Skymiles status level
v08: State/province (encoded using key 2)
v09: Pay with Miles eligible
v10: sunTrstInd
v11: prefDestCity
v12: MQS
v13: Hotel loyalty programs stored in DL.com profile (encoded using key 2, see post #829)
v14:
v15: Income, in thousands
v16: Current age + 99
v17: 1/2/3 MM Status
v18: Home value, in thousands
v19:
v20: SkyClub member
v21: SkyMiles account number
v22: Experian Mosaic segment (encoded using keys 1 and 3, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20913445) Description here and Segment Details here
v23: Saved search destination airports (encoded using key 1)
v24: SkyClub renewal date (coded using key 3)
v25: Saved payment information (encoded using key 1) AND SPG status (encoded using key 1, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20913463)
v26: Gender/prefix (1=male/Mr, 2=female/Ms/Mrs, 3=Dr/other) (to be confirmed)
v27:
v28: SkyMiles account number with 3 leading zeros (called "CustID" in previous data)
v29: Logged in (SM account)
v30: Customer Value Score (Questionable, and scale is unknown)
v31: RDM balance
v32: Dream trips from DL.com profile (encoded using key 2)
v33: MQM balance
v34: Activities & Interests from DL.com profile
v35:
v36:
v37:
v38:
v39: ?? Duplicate for Language ??
v40: ?? Duplicate for Country of Residence ??

Encoding

Three different coding keys are used for variables 01, 04, 08, 13, 22, 23, 24, 25, and 32. For full mappings, click here: Keys 1, 2, and 3
Print Wikipost

Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You

Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:34 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by cmaas
If anyone wants the excruciating detail on Mosaic codes, this 350 pager will do it..

http://www.bgco.org/wp-content/uploa...ons-Detail.pdf
Thanks for this. Reading this, mine is way off. The group is the wrong education level, wrong job description, wrong income range wrong shopping habits. My profile had the wrong income and house value, so that's likely why. Assumptions seem to be made about me based on where I live... my zip code was recently identified in a Fordham University study as one of the five most rapidly gentrifying in the country - rather than on any actual real data. I don't tend to ask for credit often and have been in the same job for years, so maybe Experion doesn't have interactions to get my new data.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:34 am

Programs: Delta Skymile DM, Marriott Platinum, PC Gold, Avis Chairman's Club, National EE
DM with a custValSeg of 1 with a mindsetSeg of SS

BTW, the Mosaic code for me is also way off! Shows me as a I30, Stockcars and State Parks.

Considering I am a MBA, Single, White Collar.

I do have 3+ vehicles and live in a small town. That is likely how they categorized me.

Last edited by Teamstone; Jan 25, 2013 at 8:43 am
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Deemus7
Good lord, so much for getting work done this morning. Such a fascinating thread. Here's my info:
LOL

Originally Posted by msp2msy
Wow. This was a fascinating hour this AM, so much so that I didn't even make the coffee until after.
Signs of FT addiction

Originally Posted by mudpuppy
discSpendingAmt in my case is exactly the same as what I spent on my DL Amex
Definitely not for me.

Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
If they are going to profile me at least profile me with the right information.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Yes. The data in here seems to be very badly done.
Have we considered DL leaked this info out on purpose in hopes this thread would be created so that they could use it to update our profiles???
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
So there is no way to translate the mindset codes?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mnredfox
LOL

Have we considered DL leaked this info out on purpose in hopes this thread would be created so that they could use it to update our profiles???
I am not sure Delta even cares that we can can see this info..why would they? If it was so sensitive and they didn't want their customers seeing it, there would be security behind it but obviously there is not. I would love Delta to chime in here and discuss the meanings of the mindset and customer value codes...I mean why wouldn't they at this point?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:49 am

Programs: DL EOS...
On one hand, they really don't have much accurate info about me and my households (bi-coastal). Good.

But when I consider how this incorrect (insulting) information could possibly influence day-to-day treatment by DL and/or other businesses - 'leaves me with even more foul taste than the failed website/app, FCM, fewer UG's and recent MQ announcement....
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Yes I know - we keep being told by some on this board, FlyerTalk is a small subset. However, it tends to be FTers who know how to game the Medallion system. It is FTers who tend to discover MRs - and it is an FTer who discovered this dynamite information.

Despite me being a little frustrated this last week over the tone of some posts - especially in the MQM sticky thread, this site is an absolute gem - and an incredibly valuable resource too. That is why I keep coming back for more and more.

ps I have not figured out my mosaic yet but will do on my home PC when there are not the same download etc restrictions.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:50 am

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Do you think they are smart enough to do that?

Then again, these broad demographic surveys are usually pretty damn accurate when you read the full details. Obviously there are red herrings but...

classic.demographicsnow.com/AllocateOnline.srct?ShowPage=static/MosaicUSA.htm
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:51 am

Programs: DL: DM / Royal Ambassador /PC:Plat / Hertz:5*
{"actvtyPref":"DT,MT,AA,OP", - This intrigues me since many don't reference it
No Children - have that right
CustValSeg: 34 (Pondering as I see some on this thread with a 1 and some with 31)
Income way off

Discretionary, way off.

Mosaic, they mentioned Nordstrom which is where I shop, and the car I drive. Somewhat a good Friday read

Still unsure on the MindsetSeg of SS, looked at the other links and could not find the info.

Last edited by Astriker; Jan 25, 2013 at 8:57 am
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:53 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Just curious...does DL have a privacy policy?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:56 am

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
Just curious...does DL have a privacy policy?
Yes but this is protected data.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:56 am

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by Vuelos
I mean, what's your definition of old my friend
Ha! Well, the 'expanded' version of our profile said 50-60+ on the verge of retirement. Definitely not in that age range & as much as we'd love to retire tomorrow it's not going to happen. (S3B? )
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:58 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles KM (Charter Member)
Originally Posted by amolkold
Why isn't "PrefPDB" a metric in here? I expect a Woodford at my seat when I board
Mine has an extra field
EATSFKCHEESE "y"

Weird.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
LOL - Have we considered DL leaked this info out on purpose in hopes this thread would be created so that they could use it to update our profiles???
That would be devious and bordering on a conspiracy theory.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:59 am

Programs: DL DM
Actually looking at the profile, EVERYTHING is off. How does DL get this info.? Literally everything that is not DL is wrong.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.