Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schmoops
Figured a highly collaborative effort like this needs a wikipost. As items and codes are confirmed, let's centralize them in one place rather than thumb through hundreds of discussion posts.

How to pull your information
Log into your SkyMiles account at Delta.com, then visit this link: https://www.delta.com/databroker/bcdata.action

What the items indicate
v01: Closest airport to home address (encoded using key 1)
v02: Country of residence
v03:
v04: Preferred departure airport/city (encoded using key 2)
v05: Language
v06: discSpndngAmt, in thousands
v07: Skymiles status level
v08: State/province (encoded using key 2)
v09: Pay with Miles eligible
v10: sunTrstInd
v11: prefDestCity
v12: MQS
v13: Hotel loyalty programs stored in DL.com profile (encoded using key 2, see post #829)
v14:
v15: Income, in thousands
v16: Current age + 99
v17: 1/2/3 MM Status
v18: Home value, in thousands
v19:
v20: SkyClub member
v21: SkyMiles account number
v22: Experian Mosaic segment (encoded using keys 1 and 3, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20913445) Description here and Segment Details here
v23: Saved search destination airports (encoded using key 1)
v24: SkyClub renewal date (coded using key 3)
v25: Saved payment information (encoded using key 1) AND SPG status (encoded using key 1, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20913463)
v26: Gender/prefix (1=male/Mr, 2=female/Ms/Mrs, 3=Dr/other) (to be confirmed)
v27:
v28: SkyMiles account number with 3 leading zeros (called "CustID" in previous data)
v29: Logged in (SM account)
v30: Customer Value Score (Questionable, and scale is unknown)
v31: RDM balance
v32: Dream trips from DL.com profile (encoded using key 2)
v33: MQM balance
v34: Activities & Interests from DL.com profile
v35:
v36:
v37:
v38:
v39: ?? Duplicate for Language ??
v40: ?? Duplicate for Country of Residence ??

Encoding

Three different coding keys are used for variables 01, 04, 08, 13, 22, 23, 24, 25, and 32. For full mappings, click here: Keys 1, 2, and 3
Print Wikipost

Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:56 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Originally Posted by Builderman
That appears to be pretty accurate for me too.
I don't see that without some really funny accounting (e.g. counting the "revenue" prices from our awards). I compared to a friend of mine and we both are pretty close on it being a $10k multiplier of household income (e.g. 15 = $150,000). We're both married and the value for the spouse has the same incomeAmt value.

We both churn cards pretty regularly so presumably Experian and Delta and Amex all have a recent income number for us.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:56 am

Programs: DL Plat MM, Marriott Plat, UA PE
Originally Posted by steex
Just to bring together our few data points on mindsetSeg, so far we've seen the following outputs:

DW from FO, CustValSeg 0
DW from DM, CustValSeg 20
FL from FO, CustValSeg 1
FL from FO, CustValSeg 2
FL from PM, CustValSeg 1
GT from DM, CustValSeg 0
GT from DM, CustValSeg 2
GT from DM, CustValSeg 27
IN from FO, CustValSeg 0
MM from FO, CustValSeg 0
SS from GM, CustValSeg 2
SS from PM, CustValSeg 11
SS from PM, CustValSeg 5
SS from DM, CustValSeg 3
SS from DM, CustValSeg 12
SS from Unknown Level, CustValSeg 5
Perhaps I am naive but this is scary... I am a PM with a "value" of 8 - probably because my average ticket is very expensive - typically last minute- and DL is spot on with my income - to the dollar which means it either came from AMEX or the IRS. I am A03, which means child (yes) and Cabs (yes). Also hit the age of my son correctly but probably got that from tickets requiring a passport I have bought him on the same itinerary in the past

I would say that Delta was more than successful on this profile...

I am sure the sharing of this information is buried somewhere in the T&C's of the AMEX privacy statement but even so I am irritated with AMEX more so that Delta
Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: Delta, Delta Reserve American Express
The only thing correct is the sky miles info

The info they have on me is laughable. My mosaic code is an S71 which is "struggling society" or something like that. Apparently I should be out picking up beer cans to sell to the recyclers! My income shows up at about 40% of what it is. Yet my wife's info show a much more accurate picture of what MY income is actually! We have two homes, one in my wife's name shows up on her info, close but not quite, one in both our names is 50% low. It also shows me with no discretionary income. The mixup between my wife and I is very interesting. We own a small business and she is the business manager and handles 100% of all bill paying, investing, etc. (she has a strong finance background) so that may explain alot. All in all, Deltas info is way off on me and I would assume others are just as inaccurate. All of this makes me very happy because I like not being pegged by the marketers! But then again, why does BMW want to sell me another 7 series and Porsche keeps sending me stuff? It's all pretty funny. Sometimes I think these companies have outsmarted themselves!
Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: DL EOS...
Originally Posted by javabytes
I wouldn't hold your breath
LOL.... Yeah, I got blue in the face!

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas2012
Perhaps I am naive but this is scary... I am a PM with a "value" of 8 - probably because my average ticket is very expensive - typically last minute- and DL is spot on with my income - to the dollar which means it either came from AMEX or the IRS. I am A03, which means child (yes) and Cabs (yes). Also hit the age of my son correctly but probably got that from tickets requiring a passport I have bought him on the same itinerary in the past

I am sure the sharing of this information is buried somewhere in the T&C's of the AMEX privacy statement but even so I am irritated with AMEX more so that Delta

I'm actually more concerned about "databroker" - google that and read recent news.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:02 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas2012
Perhaps I am naive but this is scary...

I'm scared too - not so much about Delta having these info's but the possibilities about what DL could do with these...
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:04 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by bubbashow
DL has me at a MUCH-lower income than I make. Like 80% less.
But how is your customer value segm?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:06 am
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
My data:

chldAgeRange: POC10T12, POC13T18 (my 9 year old has been left out)
custValSeg: 1
DiscSpend: xxxxx*
IncomeAmt: xxx (husband's income; I stay at home)
mindsetSeg: MM
Mosaic: A03
cobrandcard: STRW, AX, AXCG - starwood, delta amex, not sure axcg?

* The discretionary income has nothing to do with Delta spend. I'm 99% sure that is a number provided by the Experian / Mosaic data provider. If you look on your Mosaic profile, one of the categories is level of discretionary income. Based on the all the demographic data they have, they estimate how much annual income is not allocated to fixed expenses (ie, mortgage, tuition, taxes) and thus available to influence via marketing efforts.

My husband's profile is the same as mine (except his gender is "U", haha).
His income amount is shown on both of our profiles. (Off by about half, but what I typically put on CC applications). He's also missing our youngest child.

A03 is on target quantitatively (house value, etc.) but off in terms of the inferences made with such numbers...no surprise there.

Last edited by akp; Jan 25, 2013 at 8:07 am Reason: changed phrasing.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:11 am
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
My sister - solid FO with enough spend to easily make the MQD threshold, never had an Amex, and no U.S. address:

"custValSeg":"0",
"discSpndngAmt":"",
"drvdHmArptCd":"FRA", <-- wrong, not even once on SkyTeam
"hmArptPref":"",
"homeValueAmt":"",
"htlBrndPref":"",
"incomeAmt":"",
"mindsetSeg":"IN",
"mosaicCd":""

I would also assume that AMEX is the primary data source due to the lack of any information in her profile. Experian should know more since she has a U.S. credit score but Amex would be totally blank.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:11 am

Programs: DL DM 1.7MM
If anyone wants the excruciating detail on Mosaic codes, this 350 pager will do it..

http://www.bgco.org/wp-content/uploa...ons-Detail.pdf
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
custValSeg: 0
mindsetSeg: DW
smTierLvl: GM

Very interested as to what the mindset codes each stand for. My mosaic (C11) was completely off the mark. I'm surprised they don't take into account other information (such as my birthday) before assigning a mosaic code. If they had, they would know C11 averages about 2 times my current age.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:19 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG lifetime platinum
My Mosaic Code

A 01 = American Royalty!
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:26 am

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by amolkold
My home value is actually my parents' home because I never bothered to change the address on my profile.

I have a customer value of 0, have a DW mindset and am Mosaic A01 -- American Royalty.

I mean, I'll take it .....
Oh really? How old are your parents / when are you inheriting the millions?

And are you single?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by cmaas
If anyone wants the excruciating detail on Mosaic codes, this 350 pager will do it..

http://www.bgco.org/wp-content/uploa...ons-Detail.pdf
Very useful - thanks for the link.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:31 am

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by PRWeezer
They have us pegged under Full Pockets/Empty Nests which makes me feel old, though it's true we don't have kids.

I think of empty nesters as those w kids out of college/no longer dependents...we're not old enough for that.
I mean, what's your definition of old my friend
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
custValSeg: 0
mindsetSeg: FL
mosaicCd":"O54"
"smTierLvl":"GM"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.