Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schmoops
Figured a highly collaborative effort like this needs a wikipost. As items and codes are confirmed, let's centralize them in one place rather than thumb through hundreds of discussion posts.

How to pull your information
Log into your SkyMiles account at Delta.com, then visit this link: https://www.delta.com/databroker/bcdata.action

What the items indicate
v01: Closest airport to home address (encoded using key 1)
v02: Country of residence
v03:
v04: Preferred departure airport/city (encoded using key 2)
v05: Language
v06: discSpndngAmt, in thousands
v07: Skymiles status level
v08: State/province (encoded using key 2)
v09: Pay with Miles eligible
v10: sunTrstInd
v11: prefDestCity
v12: MQS
v13: Hotel loyalty programs stored in DL.com profile (encoded using key 2, see post #829)
v14:
v15: Income, in thousands
v16: Current age + 99
v17: 1/2/3 MM Status
v18: Home value, in thousands
v19:
v20: SkyClub member
v21: SkyMiles account number
v22: Experian Mosaic segment (encoded using keys 1 and 3, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20913445) Description here and Segment Details here
v23: Saved search destination airports (encoded using key 1)
v24: SkyClub renewal date (coded using key 3)
v25: Saved payment information (encoded using key 1) AND SPG status (encoded using key 1, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20913463)
v26: Gender/prefix (1=male/Mr, 2=female/Ms/Mrs, 3=Dr/other) (to be confirmed)
v27:
v28: SkyMiles account number with 3 leading zeros (called "CustID" in previous data)
v29: Logged in (SM account)
v30: Customer Value Score (Questionable, and scale is unknown)
v31: RDM balance
v32: Dream trips from DL.com profile (encoded using key 2)
v33: MQM balance
v34: Activities & Interests from DL.com profile
v35:
v36:
v37:
v38:
v39: ?? Duplicate for Language ??
v40: ?? Duplicate for Country of Residence ??

Encoding

Three different coding keys are used for variables 01, 04, 08, 13, 22, 23, 24, 25, and 32. For full mappings, click here: Keys 1, 2, and 3
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2013, 6:33 am

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
this is fascinating!!!

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Anyone know what these mean:

"actvtyPref":
"bcInd":
Activity preference - flight, hotel, car? maybe default option when you log on at some point
bcInd - business card indicator? Anyone get a 1 with a biz card?
the rest have been covered

Originally Posted by bowdenj
BallardFlyer:

Great find! Here's me - interesting stuff. Perhaps a note to Delta.com is in order to find out what this is.
I am sure they will send you to web support. if you are ss, they may throw 5k miles your way :P

Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
I will buy a F tomorrow and see if that number changes

Just thinking how pissed Delta is going to be tomorrow. LOL
you might have to have flown it :P and yes indeed

i am somehow in the ss range, value 7. e20 tee hee. almost accurate less the picture and the dwelling location. wish i were a hip urbanite

Wish nypdlieu and some of the porsche picker-uppers would post
Old Jan 25, 2013, 6:34 am

Programs: Delta DM, AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, HHoners Gold, SPG Gold, National ExecElite, Hertz PC, Avis First

DM here, listed as SS. CustValSeg 2. Most of the info on here would be accurate of me 8 years ago, ha!
Old Jan 25, 2013, 6:40 am

Programs: DL GM; AA; UA; BA
Could be a coincidence but my discspendingamt seems to be very close to what I spent on DL tickets plus what I charged to my DL Reserve Am Ex.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 6:41 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
PM from IN, CustValSeg 0
As i live in Germany and never had an US address registered with Delta IN is indeed the "International" branding for customers living outside the US.
No mindspring ID! The got my "drvdHmArptCd":"FRA" home airport wrong ( its TXL, not FRA ). No figures for income or home value which is correct - it would be against german private data laws if DL had access to these.
I have an additional line "dgtlLangPref":"de" stating my preference for the german version of DL's website. Also the "skyClubMMSts":"1 Million Miler" is correct.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 6:44 am

Programs: www.jeffsetter.com
This is such a fascinating post. It's actually the reason why I signed up - so I could contribute.

Here's my results -

mosaicCd":"B09 - which apparently means I'm "Family Funtastic" - ironic because I'm just newly married and no kids

discSpndngAmt - 32786. This is much higher than my actual Delta spend and much lower than my Amex card spend

Household income is low by about 50% overall, but not too far from my W2

Customer Number - I think it's interesting that the first three numbers are 0's - good to see them prepare for potentially billions of flyers in the program.

Overall, I am guessing that a lot of this information is overlaid on our customer files by matching to our name and address. That is why it's so inaccurate, because it's fed from a third party that can really only estimate this data.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 6:51 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I'm in my early 20s and travel 95+% for leisure. I was GM last year and rolled over a lot (at 27K MQM now).

My spending amount is in the $70,000 range. Way off. I put $25K on Amex last year, but didn't spend that much on Delta. My home value is actually my parents' home because I never bothered to change the address on my profile. My income level is way too high. I have a customer value of 0, have a DW mindset and am Mosaic A01 -- American Royalty.

I mean, I'll take it .....

Last edited by amolkold; Jan 25, 2013 at 7:17 am
Old Jan 25, 2013, 6:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by goodandclassy
this is fascinating!!!

Activity preference - flight, hotel, car? maybe default option when you log on at some point
- Activity preference is something that you can customize in your profile on DL.com under my delta "Activities and Interests" - options are:
Tours
Attractions (AT)
Shows & Events
Skip the Line & City Pass
Day Trips & Excursions (DT)
Multi-Day Tours
Outdoor Activities (OA)
Air Adventures (AA)
Specialty Cruises (SC)
Spa & Relaxation
Eat & Drink (ED)
Shopping & Fashion
Off the Beaten Path (OP)
Old Jan 25, 2013, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Anyone else Googled the full name of their Mosaic code? Mine is O55 "Family Troopers", which led me to this. As a single gay male with a PhD, no children, and no association to the military beyond my father's service in Vietnam, I don't know how they could have been further from accurate on that one.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 6:56 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
About the only thing accurate in my file is my SM #, MQM/SM balances, and SC info. All of the income/spend/demographic stuff is nowhere close...
Old Jan 25, 2013, 6:58 am

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
Originally Posted by timmy83
- Activity preference is something that you can customize in your profile on DL.com under my delta "Activities and Interests" - options are:
Tours
Eat & Drink (ED)
makes sense! poor acronym choice on that one
Old Jan 25, 2013, 6:58 am

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
I looked up mine & MrWeezer's, he had one I haven't seen listed (scanned many of the posts): "mindsetSeg":"IA" He has minimal revenue miles, no AMEX, no other miles-earning instruments & has never had elite status.

They have us pegged under Full Pockets/Empty Nests which makes me feel old, though it's true we don't have kids. I think of empty nesters as those w kids out of college/no longer dependents...we're not old enough for that. MrWeezer's home value & discspendingamt are same as mine - both our home (I lived here years before we got married) & Amex are my name only. I can assure you we haven't spent that amount on DL though it reflects average annual spend on my Amex in recent years.

Thanks for posting this OP, fascinating stuff!
Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:01 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Why isn't "PrefPDB" a metric in here? I expect a Woodford at my seat when I board
Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:02 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Here's a new one:

DD from FO, CustValSeg 0

And in other interesting data points:

custValSeg = 0 -- a MM should be at least a 1, not a kettle!
incomeAmt = ### -- way low. Maybe 20 years ago.
discSpndngAmt = 0 -- I could swear I bought a Big Mac in July!
homeValueAmt = ###### -- Low by 4x-6x
isLoggedIn = Y
mindsetSeg = DD
mosaicCd = N47 -- Pastoral Pride, Countrified Pragmatics -- probably pretty close. The horses outside my window would probably agree.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:06 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Vuelos
This data is both accurate and inaccurate.
That's true, I'm sure most of us are finding some of it is on-target and some is way off.

I'm an A06 - Jet Set Urbanite - which, after reading the profile I realize is pretty close - but they're off on my income and discretionary spend and apparently don't realize I own my apartment, because they have my home value as 0. I'm also an FL mindset - wonder what that means?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Here is mine, whatever it means as a DM:

custValSeg = 9
mindsetSeg = FL
mosaicCd = G24, which maybe used to be correct several years ago... except I live in a nice area in the suburbs and have a fiance.

They also say my discspendamt is 24k. Still wondering what the FL means.

Last edited by rylan; Jan 25, 2013 at 7:13 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.