Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Why are some flights showing Not Upgrade Eligible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2013, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, Marriott Gold, National Executive

I'm trying to book MSP-SEA, Feb 8 - Feb 10. For some reason, certain flights are coming up as Not Upgrade Eligible but there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. For example, DL1929 shows Upgrade Eligible, but DL2237 shows Not Upgrade Eligible. These are not CRJs, there is definitely a first class cabin on these flights. One's a T fare, the other's a U.

Of course, the one I want to book is DL2237 but I am afraid to book it if it's going to keep me off the list (even though I'm only an FO). Thoughts?
Old Jan 23, 2013, 3:13 pm

Programs: DL EOS...
Bad IT. Usually happens for award tix bookings. Just watch it through booking and if doesn't change to "available" and "requested" once booked call.

Personally, better to call anyway considering the mess they continue to make of the website.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, Marriott Gold, National Executive
Originally Posted by Ti22
Bad IT. Usually happens for award tix bookings. Just watch it through booking and if doesn't change to "available" and "requested" once booked call.
You were right! I booked it, figuring to use Twitter to fix it, and the reservation shows Upgrade Requested. Thanks!
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:33 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, National EE
I was curious about this, but for a different reason. Booking tickets LAX-ATL and the web site has a hyperlink for "Upgrade Eligibility." On two of the fares (1 L, 1 U), it showed as "Not Eligible for Upgrade." On the "T" fare, I was upgrade eligible. With all the changes that have been going on, I was wondering if this was a new knife in the lower Medallions.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:44 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by BeachBum770
I was curious about this, but for a different reason. Booking tickets LAX-ATL and the web site has a hyperlink for "Upgrade Eligibility." On two of the fares (1 L, 1 U), it showed as "Not Eligible for Upgrade." On the "T" fare, I was upgrade eligible. With all the changes that have been going on, I was wondering if this was a new knife in the lower Medallions.
Very interesting. I could see DL making that change instead of decreasing MQMs for those same fares. I think they are testing this out.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by bsagator
Very interesting. I could see DL making that change instead of decreasing MQMs for those same fares. I think they are testing this out.
Quite interested to know if others are seeing this on the lower fares?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 1:23 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
I was pricing an ATL-RIC itinerary yesterday and it was showing "not upgrade eligible"--even though it shouldn't have been showing that. I talked with someone in the IT support department, and they reported it.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by atl runner
I was pricing an ATL-RIC itinerary yesterday and it was showing "not upgrade eligible"--even though it shouldn't have been showing that. I talked with someone in the IT support department, and they reported it.
I am sure it is just a bug...nothing new on Delta.com. Especially since one of the flights had all seats in FC still open.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 3:35 pm

I am sure it is just a bug...nothing new on Delta.com. Especially since one of the flights had all seats in FC still open.
Mine did two--all 16 in both directions. It was an itinerary I was pricing for travel 5/31 to 6/1.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by atl runner
Mine did two--all 16 in both directions. It was an itinerary I was pricing for travel 5/31 to 6/1.
16 flights? In two days? I want to see that itinerary!
Old Jan 25, 2013, 4:00 pm

16 flights? In two days? I want to see that itinerary!
That would be all 16 FC seats in both directions on two flights. Context is everything.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 5:39 pm

Programs: DL Diamond; Marriott Silver
Bug in Delta.Dumb

I made a one-way reservation DCA-JFK today for next week. If you searched DCA-JFK, none of the cheap T fares came up, and some of the flights were not UG eligible. Searching WAS-NYC brought up the cheap T fares to JFK, but none of the flights were UG eligible. But after repeating the serach twice, on the third time, the same flights now WERE UG eligible. That's delta.dumb for you.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
The website's just having a sad. Go through your booking a couple of times and/or try changing browsers and/or refresh your cache and it'll work. My favorite was the Delta rep who told me when I called to inquire about the problem that my flight had no more "medallion upgrade seats" available on a 737 with two tickets sold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.