Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta, Air France and KLM Announce Final Steps toward Fare Class Alignment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta, Air France and KLM Announce Final Steps toward Fare Class Alignment

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2013, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL GM/Reserve, Marriott Platinum Elite,HH Gold
I sent EF an E-mail asking if we will be able to see the New Comp Upgrade buckets. I'm not holding my breath.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 2:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by JohnRico
I sent EF an E-mail asking if we will be able to see the New Comp Upgrade buckets. I'm not holding my breath.
I did the same and also posted the question in the EF thread in Travel Tools. No response yet.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I did the same and also posted the question in the EF thread in Travel Tools. No response yet.
They better come up with some kind of solution or they are going to see many customers disappear
Old Jan 23, 2013, 4:26 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Any reaction from EF and KVS?
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Wow big changes, would love to get EF and KVS to comment here when they can.
Originally Posted by timmy83
I have the same questions as MSPeconomist, and hope that our representatives from DL, EF, or KVS may be able to provide an answer.
These changes do not affect the KVS Tool members, who will continue to enjoy access to Award Availability (incl. R & O Booking Classes) as they currently do.

In addition, it is possible that DL SM PMU/SWU Upgrades will also be supported in the future. However, this cannot be determined until the replacement codes for G/Z are established.

For a complete list of the 13 DL Award Booking Classes (10 of which use 2 letters and all of which are supported in the KVS Tool), please refer to the following table:

http://Help.KVSTool.com/#DL

Last edited by KVS; Jan 23, 2013 at 4:34 pm
Old Jan 23, 2013, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
IN FUTURE IT WILL LOOK SOMETHING LIKE THIS

Y 150% MQMs

B, M, 125 % MQMs

S, H, Q, K 100% MQMs

L, U, T 50% MQMs

X, V, E zero MQMs

J, C, D, I, Z, O*, F, P, A, G, R*, etc
Old Jan 23, 2013, 5:16 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by KVS
These changes do not affect the KVS Tool members, who will continue to enjoy access to Award Availability (incl. R & O Booking Classes) as they currently do.

In addition, it is possible that DL SM PMU/SWU Upgrades will also be supported in the future. However, this cannot be determined until the replacement codes for G/Z are established.

For a complete list of the 13 DL Award Booking Classes (10 of which use 2 letters and all of which are supported in the KVS Tool), please refer to the following table:

http://Help.KVSTool.com/#DL
Good to know! I've been a happy EF customer for quite a while but if they don't get this fixed, I'll definitely give your service a shot.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Since there are more 'buckets' for fares, I would strongly suspect that this will in fact push B and M fares up even higher, assuming that you distribute the fare differences across the additional buckets.

YBM are at the top, but there is much more below it... so that will push those fares up to make room for the rest of the alphabet soup.

I'm also suspicious of the new G bucket for first. What is the earn chart for all of these? This comes across like the two sides of DL aren't talking to each other... first the announce the new SM program and updated earning on fare buckets, except those buckets are all changing so the chart is irrelevant already.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
An update from ExpertFlyer in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...pertflyer.html

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Hi everyone. The DL upgrade inventory will continue to be available on ExpertFlyer after we make a tweak to our back end to support it in a few days. Please follow our full statement and the conversation here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...l#post20111042
Old Jan 23, 2013, 6:38 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb DL Upgrades on ExpertFlyer

Originally Posted by JohnRico
Hi everyone. The DL upgrade inventory will continue to be exclusively available on ExpertFlyer.com after we make a tweak to our back end to support it over the next few days. Please follow our full statement and the conversation here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...l#post20111042

One thing to note is that being able to search for DL award inventory (R/O/N) is not a substitute for specific DL upgrade searching as the upgrade class codes are actually different, as noted earlier by DwayneSkyMiles.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Hi everyone. The DL upgrade inventory will continue to be exclusively available on ExpertFlyer.com after we make a tweak to our back end to support it over the next few days. Please follow our full statement and the conversation here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...l#post20111042

One thing to note is that being able to search for DL award inventory (R/O/N) is not a substitute for specific DL upgrade searching as the upgrade class codes are actually different, as noted earlier by DwayneSkyMiles.
This is fantastic news! Thank you for your excellent product and great support!

Tim
Old Jan 23, 2013, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by amolkold
Mileage upgrades do not trump comp upgrades once at the gate. I learned that the hard way on an H fare as an FO once.
That's because there are no such thing as gate mileage UG's.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hope that both medallion upgrades and mile/SWU upgrades aren't tied to the same RU/OU buckets. That would likely result in reduced availability for both.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 6:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by rylan
I hope that both medallion upgrades and mile/SWU upgrades aren't tied to the same RU/OU buckets. That would likely result in reduced availability for both.
I don't understand this comment. Using the same inventory for both types of upgrades will implicitly change the priority ordering in some cases, but the ultimate constraint is the number of seats that remain in FC/BE at the gate. The only impact would somehow be when not offering as many early upgrades results in more FC/BE tickets being sold, but if revenue management is doing things right, this case shouldn't happen.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess call my cynical, but I just suspect that a combined inventory would be less than you'd have if there were separate. For example, its very common that G/Z availability is less than V/X. So does that mean if its a single inventory that we'll only see the lower number?

Also, although extremely rare, I have seen a case where a flight was showing G for milws/swu but V0 for medallion upgrades.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 1:44 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by privacylawyer
I am not smart enough to be a dl platinum....
I am.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.