Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Official Medallion Qualification Update Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Official Medallion Qualification Update Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by hazelrah
Is the net effect to drive travelers to Delta metal?

If so, not exactly promoting a healthy alliance.
The bifurcation of alliances between those inside and those outside JVs is an industry-wide trend. In the absence of a JV, DL doesn't have an overwhelming interest in having you fly Korean Air.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:47 am

Programs: DL PM, GE
will YQ fuel surcharge count towards MQD ????
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:48 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by hazelrah
If so, not exactly promoting a healthy alliance.
The SkyTeam alliance had some serious issues before this announcement, and this certainly will not help...

Originally Posted by dcsnowwake
the end of milage runs as we know it
Well that was sort of the point.

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
I was wondering that as well...Dwayne can you clarify?
They were very clear in stating the EARNINGS rules change 1/1/2014. Since nobody is acruing MQDs this year, they obviously are not needed for status year 3/14-2/15.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rylan
Then show me where booking AF/KL tickets gets you MQDs. Oh wait, they don't. Sure there are some DL codeshares if you want a simple flight to AMS or CDG. Want a more complicated ticket or to go someplace else? DL.bomb isn't capable, but af/kl is... and then you don't get credit.
That isn't at all what you said.

I will repeat my request that you correct the patently false information in your post (hint, you bolded it to ensure that you were emphatically wrong) and add a request that you not now try to obfuscate the fact that your information is incorrect by bringing up scenarios that are unrelated to your claim.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gplates
Yes. This is explicitly noted in the FAQ. Only government-required taxes and fees are excluded.
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
Originally Posted by bubbashow
The purchase is still 006 stock.
Doubtful, does it clearly say purchase here: "MQDs are the total of the SkyMiles member’s spend on Delta-marketed flights (flight numbers that include the “DL” airline code), inclusive of the base fare and applicable surcharges, but exclusive of government- imposed taxes and fees.
Flight spend for travel on other airlines ticketed through a Delta channel (featuring a ticket number beginning with “006”) will also be included in MQDs."

Or does it signify "ticketed" (oh wait, its 074) or does it clearly state "DL" flight numbers (Oh wait, a re-issue to KLM features KL-coded flights).

I also challenge your following statement:

Originally Posted by bubbashow
My recent KL purchases (KL coded/KL operated/KL.com purchased) have all been 006 stock.
My recent KL purchases have been, surprisingly, all in 074 stock ... What proof can you provide for KLM strangely starting to ticket in another airline's stock?
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by gplates
Everything in the fare except actual taxes counts towards MQD. YQ is not a tax.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
A big . DL SM members get fleeced once again. Rollover is now meaningless. Partner MQMs are gutted, and only 006 stock counts towards MQD.

Also, good luck buying tickets through OTAs:

Certain specialty tickets, including but not limited to unpublished, consolidator, group/tour and opaque fare products will not count toward MQDs.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:53 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by pbarnette

Absolutely, 100% wrong.

I do appreciate your attempts to crank the hyperbole up to 11, but I have to ask you to correct what is patently false information.
PB.....face it...this is a VERY-generous outreach by DL and provides the MOST-BASIC minimum spend.

If folks aren't reaching status with the outlined spend, there is NOTHING elite about their travel habits.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by javabytes
only 006 stock counts towards MQD.
That is incorrect.

People need to stop with the misinformation. I suspect that the misinformation is due to rash, overly-emotional outbursts in the heat of the moment, but it is misinformation nonetheless and is a disservice to the community.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:54 am

It still doesn't do any of that. I spend enough to be a Diamond, but my miles are FO. Under the new plan I will still be an FO. How does that reward me? I admit I am not a high value customer, but likely spend more than most golds, some platinum and diamonds.

Originally Posted by PRWeezer
Jeff Robertson is quoted: "Adding a revenue component to the SkyMiles Medallion program ensures that our most valued customers receive the best program benefits and a more exclusive experience."

Back when I first earned medallion status in the late '90s certain fare codes were not upgrade eligible (LUT IIRC). In other words, there was a revenue component - an incentive to spend more money if you wanted to 'receive the best program benefits.' Today, a GM or above on an award ticket can be upgraded...not so exclusive any more.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:54 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by c_d
Doubtful, does it clearly say purchase here: "MQDs are the total of the SkyMiles member’s spend on Delta-marketed flights (flight numbers that include the “DL” airline code), inclusive of the base fare and applicable surcharges, but exclusive of government- imposed taxes and fees.
Flight spend for travel on other airlines ticketed through a Delta channel (featuring a ticket number beginning with “006”) will also be included in MQDs."

Or does it signify "ticketed" (oh wait, its 074) or does it clearly state "DL" flight numbers (Oh wait, a re-issue to KLM features KL-coded flights).

I also challenge your following statement:

My recent KL purchases have been, surprisingly, all in 074 stock ... What proof can you provide for KLM strangely starting to ticket in another airline's stock?

I'm just looking at DL dot com. It shows 006 stock for my past KL flights. I know I bought it through KL.com. Just reflecting what is on my account activity.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by reef58
It still doesn't do any of that. I spend enough to be a Diamond, but my miles are FO. Under the new plan I will still be an FO. How does that reward me? I admit I am not a high value customer, but likely spend more than most golds, some platinum and diamonds.
It thins the herd of elites ahead of you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.