Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Official Medallion Qualification Update Thread

The Official Medallion Qualification Update Thread

Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by rylan
Summary in a nutshell:

If you don't fly on a DL ticket and DL metal, you get squat.

No MQD on partner tickets, and severely slashed MQM on almost all partners as well. Just wait until pax start realizing that their EU trips that got re-ticketed into 074 screw them over.
This is incorrect.

Flight spend for travel on other airlines ticketed through a Delta channel (featuring a ticket number beginning with “006”) will also be included in MQDs.

Most transcon and TATL flights should qualify, correct?
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:32 am

This is obviously a back door way to kill off rollover miles, touted as such a munificent gesture and a big difference between SM and other programs just a couple of years ago. I have 15,000 rollovers right now, so one flight to NRT would make me FO on miles but leave me well short on MQDs. Why didn't DL just be up front about getting rid of rollovers?
Also, I guess mileage run will now be redefined as anything at least 10 cpm.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Builderman
Killing MQM earning on partners doesn't really matter if you can't earn MQD on them.
Sure it does... the entire thing is crap. Say you fly a few expensive DL tpacs, then have a bunch of partner tatl flights. You still spent a ton of money, but don't qualify. HAM SANDWICH
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:33 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
If you buy an AF ticket JFK-CDG you won't get MQD. However, DL will still get a slice of the pie as revenue and profits are shared in the TATL JV.
Yes, that is a bit of a downer, but I would be a bit surprised if that issue can't usually be remedied by just buying from DL.

Summary in a nutshell:

Absolutely, 100% wrong.

I do appreciate your attempts to crank the hyperbole up to 11, but I have to ask you to correct what is patently false information.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:34 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Question about MQDs -- If I buy two tickets on the same PRN, who gets the MQDS --- the passenger or the purchaser?

Bob H

Programs: DL Platinum 1MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Will VDB's, ECVs and the like used to purchase DL tix count towards MQD's?

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
So if I purchase a ticket on Dec 30 tor travel on Jan 5 what qualifying year does the MQD apply towards?

I do a lot of back and forth to Florida and this might not impact me too much but it does mean the end of rollover. If I fly 60k a year before I would get 2 years of GM and then 1 year of PM which I thought was nice since it rewarded me for consistent loyalty over many years. Now I will never get PM for being a customer that consistently uses Delta despite my many options. It does enhance the MM annual status benefit and the value of gifted status earned by PMs and DMs though.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:35 am
Suspended

Question: If I fly 25,000 miles this year, will I be guaranteed FO until February 2015 or not?

Originally Posted by timmy83
This is incorrect.

Flight spend for travel on other airlines ticketed through a Delta channel (featuring a ticket number beginning with “006”) will also be included in MQDs.

Most transcon and TATL flights should qualify, currect?
If you can ticket your routing on DL and you're willing to accept the consequences of that, sure. Try booking a ticket to ZYR on DL.bomb. And then read the horror stories some people have of dealing with IRROPS on AF/KL operated flights with DL ticket numbers.

Programs: DL DM
This is incorrect.

My recent KL purchases (KL coded/KL operated/KL.com purchased) have all been 006 stock.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
This is incorrect.

T-con, sure since it is domestic and is easily a 006 ticket. Tatl, sure if you purchase it as a 006... until there is a schedule change and your ticket becomes a 074. Or if you buy an AF or KL ticket and use an SWU to upgrade... guess what, you get hosed!

Programs: DL DM
These Medallion program changes will better recognize and reward our elite customers. These changes will create an even more exclusive Medallion experience and make it easier for Medallion members to enjoy their benefits, including Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades, Economy Comfort™ access, Preferred Seats and Priority Boarding.

Dwayne.....

THANK YOU! This is a change long-needed. When everyone is "elite", nobody is elite.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:36 am

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Summary in a nutshell:

No MQD on partner tickets, and severely slashed MQM on almost all partners as well. Just wait until pax start realizing that their EU trips that got re-ticketed into 074 screw them over.
Is the net effect to drive travelers to Delta metal?

If so, not exactly promoting a healthy alliance.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:36 am

Sure it does... the entire thing is crap. Say you fly a few expensive DL tpacs, then have a bunch of partner tatl flights. You still spent a ton of money, but don't qualify. HAM SANDWICH
Fair point.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by hazelrah
If so, not exactly promoting a healthy alliance.
+1

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.