Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Official Medallion Qualification Update Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Official Medallion Qualification Update Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bjohnsonmn
Well, you can hope they offer the usual 1,000+ MQM sale at the end of the year. The risks are that they may skip a year of the program, or the cost may go up. Usually, I've found booking a quick RT day trip is the least expensive way to do it. I don't recall if the pre-flight buy up program gets you the 50% bump the same way you do if you select it at booking. I may be wrong, but I'd look for someone who has done it recently to say that it worked.
If you OLCI upgrade no MQM boost. Do it before 24 hours.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
If I meet the $25k MQD waiver on my Delta AMEX, and subsequently cancel the AMEX card in the same calendar year, is the MQD waiver void?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:32 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by MarkP24
If I meet the $25k MQD waiver on my Delta AMEX, and subsequently cancel the AMEX card in the same calendar year, is the MQD waiver void?
I think not
I have done the above, but waited 1 months after the 10k MQM (and possibly MQD waiver) was credited, with no issues.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ffI
I think not
I have done the above, but waited 1 months after the 10k MQM (and possibly MQD waiver) was credited, with no issues.
Excellent. Thank you!
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:25 am

Question,

Does anyone know if I book a DL flight through Chase UR portal or Amex Travel using MR points, will I still get MQDs? I'm like a less than 1000 MQMs and 600 MQDs short of making Silver again.

Thoughts?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 1:17 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by derrickfung
Question,
Does anyone know if I book a DL flight through Chase UR portal or Amex Travel using MR points, will I still get MQDs? I'm like a less than 1000 MQMs and 600 MQDs short of making Silver again.
Thoughts?
For all DL purposes, it is a paid ticket.
I do not know which class though, if you choose the cheapest, will it be basic economy?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by derrickfung
Question,

Thoughts?
I've earned base miles, mqms and MQDs for tickets booked through UR --
For DL 006 tickets, for VS 795 tickets, and for Brussels Air 082 tickets (posting miles to UA). Just have to watch the fare class which I've never been able to get until after ticketing. Then if it is a non-earning class, 24 hours to cancel.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: Delta-Diamond Medallion, United-Premier 1K, Hilton-Gold, SPG-Gold, National-Executive, Hertz-Preside
20019 MQD changes email

Received the 2019 Diamond Medallion Qualification email today regarding new MQD waiver. Apparently they "listened to our feedback" and the MQD waiver for AmEx card spend for Diamond is going up 10X to $250,000. Not sure which customers wanted that!!!!!! I may fall out of Diamond for 2019 for the first time since Diamond was introduced. My spend for the last 3 years has been just under $200k and my MQD hasn't been over $6,500 since I use Pay With Miles as often as I can. Maybe there were too many of us and they want to thin the crowd! So much for us "Charter Member"s!!!
Old Sep 26, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL Dia, Marriott Plat
2019 MQD received my email too!

Only $250k or $15k on tickets that is crazy! I understand thinning the Diamond crowd but that is just crazy. My numbers are: I do spend about $100k a year on Amex but always looking how to reduce my spending not more, I spend about $6k-$8k on tickets a year and achieve easily 125k MQM a year I do a least 5 trips to Asia and the same to Europe per year for business I am flexible when I need to go, so look for good value tickets. Now I guess I either have to buy higher priced tickets or categories if I want to be a Diamond. Delta is forcing me if I want to keep Diamond status to either double my CC spending or flight spending. I am also in the same boat I use pay with miles a lot too. I should probably start looking what else is out there. Thanks Delta I was pretty loyal to you for at least the last 20years.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Most of my flying is with AA still, but the issue I encounter with both AA and DL is not the MQD ($12,000 for AA), but rather the MQM (100K). About 80% of flying is sub-500 miles so while I'll easily hit the spend for AA EXP and DL Gold, the EQMs/MQMs are always an issue for me, even with F/A/P/G bonuses. Roundtrip shuttle flights only net me (usually) 1500 miles.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
What is unfortunate is that Delta do not give you an opportunity to aim for a higher status match than the equivalent tier from another airline.

For example, I matched to Gold and have met the criteria needed in a little over a month, but there is no way I will qualify for Platinum the traditional route before the end of this calendar year. If they were to give me a chance to status match to Platinum, I have by now accumulated enough segments to meet that criteria too.

Therefore, where is the incentive to fly DL for the rest of the year when I can be status matching with other airlines and broadening my portfolio of options?

Oh well...
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: Independent
This is why status has gotten such a black eye lately. When they see requirements like these, status means only the wealthy. And when they see people up front now, all they see are overpaid mucky mucks. This doesn't just hurt those looking for status. This starts to hurt those who actually buy first class.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 3:18 pm

Question about AMEX bonus MQM spend

Hello all and please forgive me if this is the wrong section to ask this question. I have a question as it relates to getting the MQM bonus points for spend. I have a Delta Plat AMEX. I am working towards the $25K min spend to get the 10K MQM bonus. My statement ends on the 18th of each month and I understand that one usually does not get the bonus awarded until a few days afterwards. I will be reaching the min $25K spend but not till after the Dec 18 statement. I know I will still get the bonus because it will happen prior to Dec 31 but after the Dec 18 statement. This bonus 10K would get me to Platinum status. My question is if I don’t get the bonus awarded until the Jan 18, 2018 statement since I did not achieve the spend until after Dec 18, 2017 statement- will I still be able to use that 10K MQM for 2017 to achieve Platiunum status for 2018? Sorry so long.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Whorne
Hello all and please forgive me if this is the wrong section to ask this question. I have a question as it relates to getting the MQM bonus points for spend. I have a Delta Plat AMEX. I am working towards the $25K min spend to get the 10K MQM bonus. My statement ends on the 18th of each month and I understand that one usually does not get the bonus awarded until a few days afterwards. I will be reaching the min $25K spend but not till after the Dec 18 statement. I know I will still get the bonus because it will happen prior to Dec 31 but after the Dec 18 statement. This bonus 10K would get me to Platinum status. My question is if I don’t get the bonus awarded until the Jan 18, 2018 statement since I did not achieve the spend until after Dec 18, 2017 statement- will I still be able to use that 10K MQM for 2017 to achieve Platiunum status for 2018? Sorry so long.
I had this scenario last year for the 2nd spend and my close was 12/26. It posted no problem in January but YMMV.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by Whorne
I have the same question. My statement will close Dec 10 and I will finish my $50k spend after that but before Jan 1. I read a post from Rene saying it should count for this year even if the statement closes in 2018, but that post was a couple years old. Any DPs would be appreciated. I'd rather not cycle my credit limit to reach it before the last December statement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.