Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Official Medallion Qualification Update Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Official Medallion Qualification Update Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:03 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by danola
First time flying domestic inside Argentina. Aerolineas would not take my SkyMiles number and would not confirm seat until chech in. Is this SOP? Will I be able to get upgraded with my Platinum status? What about full MQMs for flights ? Any first hand experience ?
Not sure why they wouldn't take your SM#- you can enter it online when purchasing their tickets.

No upgrades on AR, sorry. In fact, with AR, you should be happy if the flight doesn't get cancelled and you arrive within an hour of when you expected to.

Advance seat selection depends on what class of ticket you purchased.

MQMs also depend on fare class. See all the details on Delta's website here:
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...rgentinas.html
Old Jul 4, 2017, 10:04 pm

Programs: skymiles
After missing a status upgrade the first year of MQD enforcement due to $7 divided on a flight spanning new years day, I have not exactly been thrilled with the new MQD plan with skymiles. NOW I am noticing that on my routine route (SFO-CHA), the second leg (usually ATL-CHA) is showing $0 MQD, 0MQM and 0 MQS. The booked fare on Delta's website (sans tax/fee/etc) is also about $50 more than the MQD I do get from the flight. Is delta now shortchanging me for these flights?? I used to get MQM/MQD/MQS for the same leg of this route, now I'm not. What gives?!
Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Can you post a screen shot of your SM activity?
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:22 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by tmack0
After missing a status upgrade the first year of MQD enforcement due to $7 divided on a flight spanning new years day, I have not exactly been thrilled with the new MQD plan with skymiles. NOW I am noticing that on my routine route (SFO-CHA), the second leg (usually ATL-CHA) is showing $0 MQD, 0MQM and 0 MQS. The booked fare on Delta's website (sans tax/fee/etc) is also about $50 more than the MQD I do get from the flight. Is delta now shortchanging me for these flights?? I used to get MQM/MQD/MQS for the same leg of this route, now I'm not. What gives?!
If you are missing flight credit for flights flown, click the link in your activity and fill out the form, or call in.

If you are talking about the MQM/MQD calculation shown during the booking process, there is a known bug involving segments flown on Delta Connection carriers. See for example this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ws-0-mqms.html

Pretty lame that Delta still hasn't noticed/fixed this yet -- I just did a test booking to verify there's still a problem, and submitted a web site complaint for what it's worth.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: United, Hilton, Hertz
Delta or Flying Blue?

not sure if this is the correct thread to post this so my apologies in advance. I'm AA Platnim Pro and likely to get Exec Plat by year end. Just realized that I'm allowed to fly Delta Premium Economy by my company. I fly a lot domestically for work but then fly internationally for pleasure a few times a year. For 2018 I can achieve Delta Diamond given segments and likely miles. I recently flew Delta for the first time in years and like the first class product. My questions are as follows:

1) I'm making the basic assumption that Delta Diamond is worth it compared to AA Exec Plat - is the a valid assumption
2) would it be worthwhile crediting my flights to Flying Blue? While I love upgrades, for my family I like award tickets more so.

Any thoughts would be deeply appreciated.

Last edited by MSAmainman; Jul 8, 2017 at 1:47 pm Reason: Correct status
Old Jul 10, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MSAmainman

1) I'm making the basic assumption that Delta Diamond is worth it compared to AA Exec Plat - is the a valid assumption
2) would it be worthwhile crediting my flights to Flying Blue? While I love upgrades, for my family I like award tickets more so.

Any thoughts would be deeply appreciated.
I can chime in on #1 . I value Delta Diamond more than AA ExPlat.

The primary reason is due to the Choice Benefits Program which allows you to pick the benefits that would be most beneficial to your travel habits.

For more on this:

https://www.delta.com/choicebenefits/

Also, you have a fleet that has Comfort Plus in every aircraft (minus the CR200). AA is still flying a ton of Legacy US Airways aircraft that lack preferred seating.

The one nod I would give to AA is just a better alliance--especially if flying to Asia is the goal. They also allow you to book Partner First class Awards, which DL does not accommodate..
Old Jul 23, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: FB Platinum, SAS Gold , HH Diamond
This may or may not be the right thread here to ask something like that, but I go for it anyway.
As a FlyingBlue member I am more interested in segments then miles. Looking a bit over the US I found some flights (1day return) for about 100-120 Dollar (very rare). Does anybody know if Delta also got some good fares where you can do around 8 segments per day? Or some 2 stops inbound 2 stops outbound, maybe even across the US.
My other option would be only russia in winter, but I thought doing a segment run with Delta may even get me some "overbooking" vouchers to compensate
Old Jul 23, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Maybe here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/

and here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...iscussion-627/
Old Jul 27, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: DL DM 2.4MM
Originally Posted by youvesaiditall
I can chime in on #1 .

Also, you have a fleet that has Comfort Plus in every aircraft (minus the CR200). AA is still flying a ton of Legacy US Airways aircraft that lack preferred seating.
CRJ 200 actually does have Comfort+ now - Row 1.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
77K MQM. Platinum reneweed. Odd this year I didn't get email saying I made it and to choose benefits. The option to choose my benefits is there though.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Re-qualified for Diamond today. 126k MQM, 23 MQS. Card Waiver, only at $13k MQD right now (due to how my tickets are purchased, actual MQD is under-reported. Should be about $20k thus far). Will fly at least another 75k MQM this year - might decide to do it on other carriers/programs, as SkyMiles are such a low value compared to some others. Not a lot of value in continuing to fly DL beyond this - only further benefit is rollover miles.

If only they offered additional choice benefits for hitting certain thresholds beyond 125k.

Last edited by SEA-Flyer; Jul 27, 2017 at 1:05 pm
Old Jul 28, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Delta Reserve 30k boost just hit, now at 81k MQM. Plan is, as usual, to stay within Platinum and roll over as much as I can - I enjoy knowing in July I'm covered until January of the following year
Old Aug 8, 2017, 7:14 am

Programs: SkyMiles PM
upgrade window

With the new change to clearing hourly instead of daily (see URL and quote below) I would have guessed it is no longer the case that they start clearing around 5 or 6pm Eastern time 6 days before the flight. Can anyone confirm?

I had a recent experience where both First Class and Comfort+ seat maps appeared to be wide open, suggesting (but not confirming, I know, the seat map is not definitive) the flight was light on Medallion passengers, and my upgrade to First indeed did not clear until 5 days before, which I consider evidence pointing to the 6-day thing being gone. Any other evidence from anyone for or against?

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-platinum.html
Complimentary Upgrades Now Clear Hourly Instead of Daily
Starting May 24, 2017, Medallion Complimentary Upgrades will begin clearing on an hourly basis instead of a daily basis. This means that upgrade clearances prior to day of departure will now align closely with the hour of flight departure time. This does not change your Medallion clearance window for your Medallion Tier.
As a reminder:
Diamond Medallion Members: eligible for Complimentary Upgrades to Delta Comfort+ shortly after ticketing and First Class beginning 120 hours (5 days) prior to departure with priority
Platinum Medallion Members: eligible for Complimentary Upgrades to Delta Comfort+ shortly after ticketing and First Class beginning 120 hours (5 days) prior to departureGold Medallion Members: eligible for Complimentary Upgrades to Delta Comfort+ and First Class beginning 72 hours (3 days) prior to departure
Silver Medallion Members: eligible for Complimentary Upgrades to Delta Comfort+ and First Class beginning 24 hours (1 day) prior to departure
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:32 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Contradancer
Any other evidence from anyone for or against?

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-platinum.html
There was a long thread discussing this among other subjects:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...hancement.html
Old Aug 15, 2017, 2:10 am

I am Gold for 2017 from a 2016 qualification. I will however not even re-qualify for Silver this year.

In 2018, when I lose my Gold status, will they drop me to Silver for 2018, or am I dropped to zero status?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.