Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Official Medallion Qualification Update Thread

The Official Medallion Qualification Update Thread

Old Dec 24, 2013, 6:57 am

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
10cpm is hardly cheap IMO...
It's incredibly cheap for the week of Christmas out of SLC. I challenge you to find anything cheaper in total dollars spent and yield per dollar this week.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Originally Posted by DLmedalliongold
It's incredibly cheap for the week of Christmas out of SLC. I challenge you to find anything cheaper in total dollars spent and yield per dollar this week.
$100 for a roundtrip? Not bad, especially since those SkyWest flights are exxxxpensive. Also wouldn't be bad at all if it's the end of the year and you needed to pick up a small amount of miles to keep/reach status (as it's 500 each way). Shoot, I'd pay $50 each way to ride on the EMB 120, if that's what was flying that day.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA EP 4MM, UA 1MM, DL 1MM
I'm short 1600 MQMs to qualify for silver next year. I'm available to fly Dec. 30-31 to/from NYC. Any ideas other than just buying the MQMs for $475. Thanks.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by sportsguymichael
I'm short 1600 MQMs to qualify for silver next year. I'm available to fly Dec. 30-31 to/from NYC. Any ideas other than just buying the MQMs for $475. Thanks.
ORD round trip on the 31st (via ATL going) for around $350.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 8:33 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by brocklee9000
$100 for a roundtrip? Not bad, especially since those SkyWest flights are exxxxpensive. Also wouldn't be bad at all if it's the end of the year and you needed to pick up a small amount of miles to keep/reach status (as it's 500 each way). Shoot, I'd pay $50 each way to ride on the EMB 120, if that's what was flying that day.
Actually CRJ-200 both ways.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 1:06 am

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Thanks for the correction. I was informed shortly after that post that the 120s were pulled from that route a while ago. Still, beats a 4 hour drive, especially if you're going for a brief visit. And if it was truly $100 for the roundtrip (I've seen one ways to CDC cost that much), not bad. A quick, fun way (at least to me) to pick up segments or miles if I needed that little boost.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 10:42 pm

10k short to keep gold medallion, NYC based. can travel 12/30 12/31. suggestions?

i've been grounded the last few months... it's good, workwise, but i don't want to lose my gold status!

i can buy MQMs for just under 1200. no problem mileage running the night of the 30th through 31st, but not sure if it's worth it.

10k is a lot of miles to rack up in such short time. i've checked nyc-lax/sfo-atl-lax/sfo-nyc on ita matrix but keep running up against "no flights available" messages and i'm running out of time. any suggestions?

thanks in advance and happy new year.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
SAN, SEA, LAS might help. (If you're connecting, there are other west coast cities as well, and you can do NYC-west coast-east coast-west coast-NYC.)
Old Dec 27, 2013, 4:47 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I don't think this was an intended aspect of MQDs, but I would like to leave 12/31/13 for a trip to SVO rather than 1/1/14.

However, I need all MQDs especially earned from a $4K B/SWU ticket so I'm stuck.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 6:34 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Platinum
So from what I have gathered (and I am behind on catching up), this does NOT affect the Internationally based Medallion Members and everything will remain as it currently is when earning Miles? Would simply changing the address in your Member Profile to a US address (I live outside the US but have a mailing address in the US) change all of this? Not sure if it would be better or worse
Old Dec 27, 2013, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by UGATraveler
So from what I have gathered (and I am behind on catching up), this does NOT affect the Internationally based Medallion Members and everything will remain as it currently is when earning Miles? Would simply changing the address in your Member Profile to a US address (I live outside the US but have a mailing address in the US) change all of this? Not sure if it would be better or worse
I have a friend who lives in Europe but uses her APO (US) address in her account. Her account shows as MQD not applying.

I have my UK address as my primary and my APO (US) address as a secondary. My account says MQD does not apply.

If you used a regular US address in your profile, I'd expect them to apply the MQD requirement.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 6:50 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Correct that it only applies to those in the US, non-US customers can earn medallion status with MQMs or MQS only, as before.

You can change your address to a foreign address but you need to provide some proof of that address, and DL is on the lookout for fraudsters here, so if you change your address but your trips still all originate and end in the US or are mostly domestic you are taking a risk of DL shutting down your account, etc.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 9:27 am

if you currently live outside the US, MQD do not apply. however, if you try to change your address in your profile now, delta.com will not accept the change. you will be required to provide delta with some sort of documentation to prove your change of address. you can email customer care but i would recommend speaking with a good rep on the phone to speed up the process.

having or adding a secondary address in the US, or US billing address on file, will not invalidate your non-US address in your profile. (though i expect delta will audit such accounts at some point!)
Old Dec 27, 2013, 9:29 am

Smile

Originally Posted by sethb
SAN, SEA, LAS might help. (If you're connecting, there are other west coast cities as well, and you can do NYC-west coast-east coast-west coast-NYC.)
thanks sethb, i'll check today!
Old Dec 27, 2013, 2:25 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by deltamedallionflyer
if you currently live outside the US, MQD do not apply. however, if you try to change your address in your profile now, delta.com will not accept the change. you will be required to provide delta with some sort of documentation to prove your change of address. you can email customer care but i would recommend speaking with a good rep on the phone to speed up the process.

having or adding a secondary address in the US, or US billing address on file, will not invalidate your non-US address in your profile. (though i expect delta will audit such accounts at some point!)
Thanks everyone. I wasn't planning on changing my address in my profile, just curious as to if this is the only deciding factor on what qualifies someone for MQD or not.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.