FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Twilight Zone (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1428056-twilight-zone.html)

dilbertsdaddy Jan 15, 2013 10:52 am

Twilight Zone

Believe it or not, today is the first time I have been on an airplane since Thanksgiving.

Despite the weather, I arrived in ATL on-time, and there was a ramp crew waiting on the airplane and a jetway driver was there as well. After exiting the jetway, things were very orderly and quiet on D. Wow, what is going on?

Currently sitting in B24 SC and it is half full, all food fully stocked, and I know this is crazy talk, but......a stack of newspapers. To make matters worse, no one is screaming into their cell phone.

My next flight is on-time and a couple of gates away.

What in the world is going on? What happened to that travel experience I have grown so accustomed to? Oh, the horror. I am not sure I know how to act.

The next thing you will tell me is my bag will make it. This is getting INSANE!

buckeyefanflyer Jan 15, 2013 10:56 am

As long is there no creature on the wing trying to bust the engine you should be fine.

BobH Jan 15, 2013 10:59 am

Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer (Post 20051727)
As long is there no creature on the wing trying to bust the engine you should be fine.Uq

or trying to boldly go where no man has gone before (think of who played the part)

Hint: he's still trying to sell travel in TV ads for an company that won't get you any Delta points.

<lol>

Bob H

timmy83 Jan 15, 2013 11:01 am

Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy (Post 20051698)
Believe it or not, today is the first time I have been on an airplane since Thanksgiving.

Despite the weather, I arrived in ATL on-time, and there was a ramp crew waiting on the airplane and a jetway driver was there as well. After exiting the jetway, things were very orderly and quiet on D. Wow, what is going on?

Currently sitting in B24 SC and it is half full, all food fully stocked, and I know this is crazy talk, but......a stack of newspapers. To make matters worse, no one is screaming into their cell phone.

My next flight is on-time and a couple of gates away.

What in the world is going on? What happened to that travel experience I have grown so accustomed to? Oh, the horror. I am not sure I know how to act.

The next thing you will tell me is my bag will make it. This is getting INSANE!

I enjoy reading some fiction at lunchtime. Thanks for that, dilbertsdaddy

GRALISTAIR Jan 15, 2013 11:04 am

Must be worth some SkyPesos

aviatorzz Jan 15, 2013 12:09 pm

Twilight Zone

Gotta love Tuesday during off peak travel times.

kitkat77 Jan 15, 2013 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by aviatorzz (Post 20052206)

Seriously. I have so been enjoying the last week or two, when pretty much the only folks traveling are those of us who have to.

slipbeer Jan 15, 2013 2:34 pm

My last flight was November 15th and my first flight on 2013 is tomorrow. I'm hoping Wednesday is as boring as Tuesday and things really have changed to the travel experience I remember.

dilbertsdaddy Jan 16, 2013 6:33 pm

Update:

Bag beat me to baggage claim, and I walk really fast.

FA in FC was awesome.

What happened to the cranberries in the snack basket?

If every trip was like this traveling would actually be fun.

Crazyhotelguy Jan 17, 2013 4:40 am

Originally Posted by aviatorzz (Post 20052206)

This...

rylan Jan 17, 2013 6:42 am

A few months ago on a Tues I was the only person in the NRT SC for about 15 min after arriving from JFK until 3 other pax arrived :p