Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Introducing the Fly Delta app for iPad and new iPhone app

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2013, 5:33 am

Programs: Delta PM, Starwood Gold
My SkyBonus # went poof. Tried to add it back to through the App and it kept bugging me for a BlueBiz number in addition. Ended up doing it via the website.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 5:33 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
So far, so good. It now populates my calendar ^. Can't wait to try Passbook tomorrow. A preliminary and cautious well done!
Old Jan 11, 2013, 5:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
Great update! Ability to see MQM balances and actual account information is great. Agreed that it's a bit slower than previously, but I think this is a major step up. Ability to buy tickets from the App is a major improvement, as it stores FF and CC info; which the mobile website currently does not when making flight purchases
Old Jan 11, 2013, 6:26 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, HHonors Diamond
What the deuce? Doesn't support international bookings? Tells me that I have to call a SkyMiles number. Booo!

(this was the first thing I tried doing on the app, after installing it, as I need to book CVG-LHR-CVG).

Update: the parking reminder feature looks neat. You can take a picture and have a note on where your car is parked. And you can actually use your phone's GPS to save your car's location to direct you back to it. Great thinking, Delta.

1/2 with new features so far.

Last edited by gosha83; Jan 11, 2013 at 6:34 am
Old Jan 11, 2013, 6:30 am

Programs: DL - KM/DM MM, AA - AP, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Exec Elite
Originally Posted by tw1
Appears as though they are still working out some very minor kinks but overall a vast improvement over the prior app. Any screenshots of the passbook integration?
Passbook Screen Shots:

BP main screen in Passbook-

Secondary info screen - top portion

Secondary info screen - bottom portion
Old Jan 11, 2013, 6:45 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Programs: SkyMiles

We wanted you to be among the very first to know about our newest travel tool - the Fly Delta app for iPad. We released it late last night so if you have an iPad, we invite you to visit the iTunes store and download it (free to download).

This latest innovation uses information and features common to tablets in ways that are unique for anyone in the travel industry. Booking, travel planning, destination guides – it’s all in there. Once you’ve downloaded the app, you’ll have the option of watching a short demo and quick overview of all the new features. The app release is the final component of the most recent phase of improvements you’ve already seen in the past few months including updates to our kiosks and delta.com last fall.

And now, for the first time ever, you can use the Glass Bottom Jet, which offers a new way of viewing the world through a combination of iPad features, social networks and the internet while using a paid Gogo session in-flight. We included a sample of it on the in-app demo so you can get a taste of what to expect the next time you fly.

Not surprisingly, many of you have already noticed that we’ve also updated the Fly Delta app for iPhone (2.0) last night as well. And yes, that includes Passbook functionality and the ability to book tickets with your phone. The Fly Delta app for Android phones is next on our project list and should be ready before the end of first quarter 2013.

We hope you like the new additions and we’ll be interested to read your comments as you try them out over the coming days, weeks and months ahead.

Enjoy!

ps - normally this post would have come from Jonathan_DeltaeCommerce, but we had him (and many others from the team) working late last night.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by TpaDeltaSlave
Passbook Screen Shots:
Looks good!

Now to the big question: Will it update your BP in passbook if you change seats? As of the last update, the electronic BP would not change, even if your assignment changed. I'd love to see that this got fixed in the update
Old Jan 11, 2013, 6:51 am

Programs: Delta PM (1 MM), United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (Ambassador 2020-24), National Executive
The "Add to Calendar" is a nice touch, but I wish it was a bit more detailed. Additions to my calendar through DL.com include a detailed itinerary in the notes section, whereas through the app it only displays the confirmation number.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by DLCorpGuy
We hope you like the new additions and we’ll be interested to read your comments as you try them out over the coming days, weeks and months ahead.
Thanks DLCorpGuy!

We've beat you to the punch here: Delta iPhone app v2.0 now passbook compatible

You'll be happy to know that the comments are largely positive!
Thanks for the new app
Old Jan 11, 2013, 6:53 am

Programs: DL - KM/DM MM, AA - AP, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Exec Elite
Thanks! A thread has already started about some of the new features for the iPhone app, I just updated and used it on a red-eye this morning and so far it looks good.... big improvement from the earlier version.^

And Timmy83 beat me to the punch on the first reply
Old Jan 11, 2013, 7:01 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by the_bob123
The "Add to Calendar" is a nice touch, but I wish it was a bit more detailed. Additions to my calendar through DL.com include a detailed itinerary in the notes section, whereas through the app it only displays the confirmation number.
Yep, nice I can finally add flights to calendar from the app, but hopefully next release will add more info (though some might like it with the bare minimum it has now?).
Old Jan 11, 2013, 7:14 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott. Hilton Diamond, Hertz something...
Looks great - big performance improvement.... like the email functionality.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 7:22 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Programs: SkyMiles
We've also added the video to our YouTube channel.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 7:22 am

Programs: DL 1.3MM GM , Marriott-Platinum Premier+Lifetime , Hilton-Blue, Nat'l-Emerald Club Executive Elite
A great improvement...thanks to all!
Old Jan 11, 2013, 7:26 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
I really like the look and feel of the new app. Congrats!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.