Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Introducing the Fly Delta app for iPad and new iPhone app

Introducing the Fly Delta app for iPad and new iPhone app

Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Just loaded this onto my iphone today.

Had checked in earlier for my flights tomorrow morning.

When I checked my itinerary on the iphone, the site had separated out my connection to CDG and was indicating that I had one hour until I could check in (?)

Ended up calling SMS to confirm that my check-in had been successful.

SMS agent indicated "the iphone app is not working right and they are addressing this."
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL PM; Marriott Platinum; Starwood Gold; Hilton Silver; Hertz Five Star (sound familar?)
Hate to ask, but what about updating the Windows Phone app? (and providing a Modern UI app). The current windows phone app won't work with passwords, doesn't even update your itineraries properly (have to logout and login) and you can't fasttype your pin! (you have to wait for it to display each character. Ugg!
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:12 pm

Programs: Delta - Platinum / Marriott - Platinum Premier / Starwood - Platinum Preferred
Originally Posted by TheViking
I was all excited about the passbook integration, until...

I realized it didn't have a sky priority banner like the normal BP (so you have to look at the boarding zone to see that you can use a priority line) and then, the bigger frustration, no ability to have it show on the lock screen.

Really? AA's and United's app has done that since november. I don't even need it to be location aware - but not having the ability to tag it to show on the lock screen renders the passbook integration totally worthless to me.
For my boarding pass on Monday AM, it showed "SKY" in the Zone section. For my ticket on Thursday evening my boarding pass displayed a "Sky Priority" banner above the QR code. Those pieces are there for me but the functionality for the boarding pass to appear on the lock screen is not there. Also it would be good to be able to update the boarding pass when you wanted. That is another setting that is missing from this integration. That way they could actually display the gate information.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
App is still reminding me of check-in and flight stats for PNR's cancelled over 3 weeks ago.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Just found a real advantage to the new app.

It has extended my DM status until 12/2014!!!!!

Went to My Wallet, then SkyMiles Membership Card, and it shows the fallacious membership date (same date as my SkyClub membership expiration).

Oh well...
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:24 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter

Went to My Wallet, then SkyMiles Membership Card, and it shows the fallacious membership date (same date as my SkyClub membership expiration).

Oh well...
I opened up mine and my PM membership expires in October of 2015. Same day my skyclub membership expires in my wallet. The skyclub membership expirationdate is correct
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter

Oh well...
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
I opened up mine and my PM membership expires in October of 2015. Same day my skyclub membership expires in my wallet. The skyclub membership expirationdate is correct
I had the same issue on the iPhone. DL contacted me and apparently is looking into it.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:40 pm

BTW, would be nice if we could check in online and then also have a BP on the app.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 1:38 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by mnredfox
BTW, would be nice if we could check in online and then also have a BP on the app.
You can check in online first and then in the app. I do that for the HOOU if not upgraded. I hope the new app still allows that
Old Jan 19, 2013, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
On Sunday I checked in online, got HOOU (unneeded, since upgrades cleared at SAN all the way for SAN-SLC-OMA), then checked in with the new app and used the BPs in the app to board. I think doing Passbook properly is the big issue here.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by mtkeller
On Sunday I checked in online, got HOOU (unneeded, since upgrades cleared at SAN all the way for SAN-SLC-OMA), then checked in with the new app and used the BPs in the app to board. I think doing Passbook properly is the big issue here.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but my app says already checked in and only a link to print at kiosk. Is that the BP?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 7:03 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
I'm currently on DL5808, so much for trying glass bottom jet... Does it only work on DL operated flights? (This is a CP flight).

Also I would have expected the iPad app to know what flight I'm currently on without having to type it.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 9:40 am

Programs: DL PM; Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by milesandpoints
I tried the new app on my flight yesterday evening. I was looking forward to Glass Bottom Jet, but it doesn't work unless you have a paid gogo membership. Also, when trying to track the flight, no data is shown on a map. From that perspective, it is a step backwards. And why can't I even change a seat anymore from the App. The new website hasn't worked for me, but at least the app used to work. That doesn't work for me now. Great look, loss of function for me I feel bad calling the 800# for a seat change. Waste of everyone's time.

Yeah, it doesn't even work with a paid membership-- at least it didn't for me when I tried on Saturday. Or it was so slow, you need a flight longer than 4 hours to use it. :-)
Old Jan 21, 2013, 9:45 am

Programs: DL EOS...
I keep hoping this is just a joke or something but it's not getting better. The iPad app is simply the website packaged into some god awful interface that forces you to log in for every little session. On average, requires 30 seconds from login to display anything resembling a choice. Then another 10-20 seconds loading that choice. And good luck going "back" to a referring place because the only two choices - send you down more "updating information" wait times or worse, back to square one.

Seriously, if this isn't a "punk" on us, what is going on with this useless app? I think it best to remove it and just use a browser for now. Accepting those limitations, of course. EDIT TO ADD: Chrome browser seems to work better than app. Bye, bye iPad app....

Okay, turning to the iPhone app which at least remembers login but no landscape mode and buggy UG list. Of course, no way to view seats when searching flights either. But, if you just wish to check a gate or flight status at least it handles tasks in fairly quick increments. Unlike distant cousin, iPad app which seems to take a lifetime of tapping then waiting and waiting and waiting.....

Last edited by Ti22; Jan 21, 2013 at 1:24 pm
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:44 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Programs: Delta Air Lines
Thank you all for the feedback, I'll be making it a point to stop by this thread and provide feedback as I can.

Originally Posted by gosha83
What the deuce? Doesn't support international bookings? Tells me that I have to call a SkyMiles number. Booo!
We'll be adding in international bookings this year. I don't have a time frame for it, but it is something that will be coming.

Originally Posted by the_bob123
The "Add to Calendar" is a nice touch, but I wish it was a bit more detailed. Additions to my calendar through DL.com include a detailed itinerary in the notes section, whereas through the app it only displays the confirmation number.
We'll make note of this and see what we can add to it.

Originally Posted by Delta Points
For us Android users we must wait. But, we can now pick EC seats on the update 1.7.4 app.
The update will be coming soon

Originally Posted by spoetzl
The calendar integration is nice but flawed. I saved a two-leg trip and it only created one event, blocking out time for the entire trip, listing only the originating flight number. I'd much prefer to see each leg listed as separate events.
Noted, we'll look at this.

Originally Posted by sectflyer
Sitting in the BOS sc now. The UG list for my ATL flight does not show. The list for my connecting flight does.
We're looking into why this is happening.

For others having issues viewing the upgrade list, are you not seeing it in a similar fashion described by sectflyer (you can see the button/link for your connection flight but not for your first flight) or is it not showing up at all? Your line of flight and number of passengers can be helpful in trying to pinpoint the exact issue.

Originally Posted by wrytoast
Well, this is interesting. Just updated the iOS app. Showing as #1 of 4 on the list for 0 available upgrades tomorrow. Great, no problem. WFBF.
We're looking into this.

Originally Posted by adam1080
The passbook BP needs to have a red banner or something for Sky Priority. I had to make the TSA agent read the zone to see I was in FC to use the Priority security lane. It will confuse them...
Passbook should have the Sky Priority log on it now.

Originally Posted by Ysitincoach
1-Seat map
2-First class upgrade list
3-Standby list
4-Info on incoming aircraft
5-Updated boarding passes when seats change.
For these items 1-4 are you talking about having them when viewing flight status and/or the details of a flight schedule or are there other places for these four items?

As for the last item, that is something we're looking into.

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Does this app let you log in with a full password (as opposed to a 4 digit PIN)? The current android app requires a PIN and the Google play store is filled with 1* reviews from people who can't even use the app because they changed to a password for online access.
The next version of the Android application will allow you allow you to use your username and password combination. As for the existing version you can still use the Sky Miles Number and Pin combination. As mentioned above, the new version of Fly Delta for Android will be coming out soon.

Originally Posted by biancathedog
Ran into a problem though when I tried to check in for my flight yesterday. Delta for some reason does not understand that I am a permanent resident of the United States (Canadian Citizen) every time I check in for a flight be it on the web site or at a kiosk I have to correct this. When I tried to do this on the new app it would not let me proceed any further. Tried calling website support and the csr was barely aware that the new app existed. Very annoying.
On the website, what information do you have to correct every time?

Originally Posted by airj1012
The passbook integration doesn't appear to be working correctly. The ticket isn't being displayed on my lock screen and I'm at the airport. Location services are turned on for both Fly Delta and Passbook. It doesn't appear that two variables are being passed over to the passbook application. When I pull up my ticket within passbook I do not see the automatically update or show on lock screen options within the info section. I think there is a bug. Can anyone confirm?
We're looking into why it is not displaying on the lock screen.

App is still reminding me of check-in and flight stats for PNR's cancelled over 3 weeks ago.
We'll take a look at this as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.