Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Introducing the Fly Delta app for iPad and new iPhone app

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing the Fly Delta app for iPad and new iPhone app

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2013, 9:02 am

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Aaannnnddd.... DL has broken its multi-month silence with FTers... Must be tough
Old Jan 11, 2013, 9:13 am

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
Aaannnnddd.... DL has broken its multi-month silence with FTers... Must be tough
Regardless, it's always good to hear from them.

Thanks, DLCorpGuy (and team)! Keep it up!
Old Jan 11, 2013, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Overall, a big to the iPad app. The only semi-interesting feature is the globe. Oh, and you can read Sky Magazine. It seems that nearly everything just kicks you over to the Delta website inside of a frame. Booking trips. Managing existing trips. Changing seats. Profile. Wallet. The app itself does far less than the old app. And maybe it's just me, but I don't see the point of an app that just wraps around pages it pulls up in a browser.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 9:28 am

Programs: DL DM 1MM, DL reserve, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Curious sitting in the skyclub LGA and I had to manually pull up the passbook boarding pass. Isn't it supposed to use GPS to know I'm at the airport and automatically have it on the home screen?
How did everyone else fare with it arriving at the airport?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by nycflyer75
Curious sitting in the skyclub LGA and I had to manually pull up the passbook boarding pass. Isn't it supposed to use GPS to know I'm at the airport and automatically have it on the home screen?
How did everyone else fare with it arriving at the airport?
You probably need to turn location services on:

Settings; Privacy; Location Services; scroll down for Passbook and slide to "on".

Separately, has anyone tested checking in multiple passengers on same PNR? Does new app allow? What passes go into Passbook? Pax signed into app? All pax? No pax (i.e., does app direct you to kiosk)?

Thanks.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:03 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL PM (not for long)
Originally Posted by javabytes
Overall, a big to the iPad app. The only semi-interesting feature is the globe. Oh, and you can read Sky Magazine. It seems that nearly everything just kicks you over to the Delta website inside of a frame. Booking trips. Managing existing trips. Changing seats. Profile. Wallet. The app itself does far less than the old app. And maybe it's just me, but I don't see the point of an app that just wraps around pages it pulls up in a browser.
But, but... it greeted me with a dramatic "WELCOME PLATINUM MEDALLION MEMBER" animation when I logged in!
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:05 am

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
I'm confused why anybody GM+ would want to use passbook and miss out on getting the HOOU that comes with the paper boarding passes
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by discstickers
But, but... it greeted me with a dramatic "WELCOME PLATINUM MEDALLION MEMBER" animation when I logged in!
True. Step aside, DM cowbell, now any Medallion with the app will be able to log in while in the SC, at the gate, or on board, and everybody around will know who they are.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:16 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Programs: Delta Air Lines
Originally Posted by flyerwma

Separately, has anyone tested checking in multiple passengers on same PNR? Does new app allow? What passes go into Passbook? Pax signed into app? All pax? No pax (i.e., does app direct you to kiosk)?

Thanks.
Yes, you can now check in multiple people at the same time and get a mobile boarding pass for each person. Before you had to check them in one at a time in order to do this. As for how this works in Passbook, you'll add the mobile boarding passes to Passbook and once you are in Passbook you'll swipe left/right to navigate from boarding pass to boarding pass.

One other change with mobile boarding passes is that you do not have to check in on the application first in order to get the mobile boarding pass. You can check in online, get your HOOU coupon and then check in on your iPhone and get the boarding pass there as well. It should also be noted that each time you go through the check in process on the application your mobile boarding pass will be updated with the latest information.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:22 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP Gold 100K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone else notice that under Traveling Info it now has the seat map for the A332 with flat bed seats?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Danny_DeltaeCommerce
Yes, you can now check in multiple people at the same time and get a mobile boarding pass for each person. Before you had to check them in one at a time in order to do this. As for how this works in Passbook, you'll add the mobile boarding passes to Passbook and once you are in Passbook you'll swipe left/right to navigate from boarding pass to boarding pass.

One other change with mobile boarding passes is that you do not have to check in on the application first in order to get the mobile boarding pass. You can check in online, get your HOOU coupon and then check in on your iPhone and get the boarding pass there as well. It should also be noted that each time you go through the check in process on the application your mobile boarding pass will be updated with the latest information.
Thank you, Danny. Very helpful. So, obvious question. When will the app generate an HOOU coupon/pass to Passbook!
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:30 am

I'm using the iPad app inflight now. Huge, huge update with lots of cool new features. The downside is there are still some glitches, but these will likely be worked out in upcoming updates. Great job, Delta!
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:03 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
awesome!! love the look & feel of the new iphone App. Much improved speed and navigation! great job DELTA!!

Just in time for my flight tomorrow morning. Will have to download the iPad app later. My office WIFI is super strict and blocks itunes.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL EOS...
Has anybody tried the ipad app yet inflight using the free limited gogo wifi that usually works with DL.com?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/2.2MM
Originally Posted by flyerwma

Settings; Privacy; Location Services; scroll down for Passbook and slide to "on".

Thanks.
I can't find passbook in my location services section to turn on location services? Any clue (this would be my first passbook application and use)? Using iPhone 4 with iOS 6.0.1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.