Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Introducing the Fly Delta app for iPad and new iPhone app

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2013, 9:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors

The 744 seat map still shows the old BE configuration even though the cabin refurbs are done.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:31 am

Programs: DL EOS...
I guess since there's so little "value" from attempting to use these apps it makes sense to un-sticky this thread?
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by javabytes
I'm also getting notifications for a flight that I was on today... But the date said July 2, and the time was wrong.
I got a bunch of notifications after that one, all wrong times and same wrong day.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:17 am

Programs: Delta DM, 3M; AA, FB, UA some lower status
Originally Posted by HongKonger
The 744 seat map still shows the old BE configuration even though the cabin refurbs are done.
I am booked on a 744 flight in March, in BE, and the iPhone app has the correct seat map, looks exactly like the web site.

Maybe they fixed this in the last few days?
Old Feb 2, 2013, 5:33 pm

Programs: Delta Gold 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium
With the new app, I am 100% on not being able to see the upgrade list on the first segment of all my 1-stop flights.

SFO-ATL-ICT: SFO-ATL upgrade list not visible
ICT-ATL-LAS: ICT-ATL upgrade list not visible
LAS-LAX-SFO: LAS-LAX upgrade list not visible

The second segment shows up fine though.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 9:10 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
More time and date errors

I have a flight in 6 days, but app keeps saying 4 days I can check in. No, it's 5.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 9:32 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by Daytona
With the new app, I am 100% on not being able to see the upgrade list on the first segment of all my 1-stop flights.

SFO-ATL-ICT: SFO-ATL upgrade list not visible
ICT-ATL-LAS: ICT-ATL upgrade list not visible
LAS-LAX-SFO: LAS-LAX upgrade list not visible

The second segment shows up fine though.
Same issue for me. It will only show the upgrade list for one segment.

Also, I keep getting notifications about flights that were complete days ago, or about flights that were changed and are no longer applicable.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 9:47 am

When I was rerouted on US air two weeks ago, the app did update to show the new flights, but then I kept getting the delay notifications for the old DL flight... They haven't tested these apps very well! lol
Old Feb 4, 2013, 9:47 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Accor Live Limitless Diamond
Thumbs down false notifications

I am seeing the same problem with the upgrade list not showing for my first flight of the day.

Also, I am getting daily flight status notifications when I have no flights for that day! It's sometimes for flights that occurred weeks ago, and some for cancelled flights. This is about the worst case of testing and debugging I've seen in an app from anyone, airline or otherwise. What an irony that they took forever to release this much-anticipated iPhone app, and it's such a buggy piece of garbage (and I almost NEVER complain about Delta!)

The real shame is that they made the mobile website so stripped-down that you need the app for any functionality (when it works). Otherwise, I'd just skip the iPhone app.

The iPad app is nearly unusable for booking and maintaining itineraries, and there's no point in it, as the full website works perfectly on the iPad.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Wirelessly posted (Nokia Lumia 800: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows Phone OS 7.5; Trident/5.0; IEMobile/9.0; NOKIA; Lumia 800; Vodafone))

Originally Posted by alaneisen
Hate to ask, but what about updating the Windows Phone app? (and providing a Modern UI app). The current windows phone app won't work with passwords, doesn't even update your itineraries properly (have to logout and login) and you can't fasttype your pin! (you have to wait for it to display each character. Ugg!
Any updates on the WP app?
Old Feb 6, 2013, 3:31 am

Programs: Delta GM, SPG Gold
On the iPhone app how can I turn off or modify the alerts before my flights. For my 6am flights I get app alerts all night before that keep waking me up
Old Feb 6, 2013, 7:11 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Programs: Delta Air Lines
Originally Posted by chipahoy82
On the iPhone app how can I turn off or modify the alerts before my flights. For my 6am flights I get app alerts all night before that keep waking me up
Which iOS version are you using?

For iOS 6 you control it through settings. Open your settings application, go to Notifications, find the Fly Delta application in the list of applications in Notification center and configure to how you would like the application to work.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 1:17 pm

Programs: Delta GM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Danny_DeltaeCommerce
Which iOS version are you using?

For iOS 6 you control it through settings. Open your settings application, go to Notifications, find the Fly Delta application in the list of applications in Notification center and configure to how you would like the application to work.
Yes ios6. Is there a way to stop alerts 3 hours and 6 hours before the flight?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 6:00 am

Last two trips first flight won't show UG list. Regular link is missing, if I click on detailed view where the second link is it simply shows medallion upgrade requested. Web WL is working.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 9:53 am

Find Alternate Flight

iOS 6.1.2
App version 2.0

If there's even the slightest delay, say a minute or two, I get the "Find Alternate Flight" button, which is fine...but that seemingly blocked me from viewing the Upgrade Standby List. There was no way for me to clear it either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.