Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Introducing the Fly Delta app for iPad and new iPhone app

Introducing the Fly Delta app for iPad and new iPhone app

Old Jan 23, 13, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL EOS...
I fixed the iPad app by holding the icon until the X appeared and hit that. Answer Yes to confirm delete app. Problem solved......
Old Jan 23, 13, 7:52 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt, UA PP
Every time I try to log into the iPad app, I see the Diamond Medallion welcome screen and then the app crashes....... deleted and reinstalled many times, same result...
Old Jan 23, 13, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Gold, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, NA EE, Hertz PC
Also, my DL iPad status is still showing my expiration for my DL SC, in 2016...
Old Jan 25, 13, 3:53 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition.
I still find it challenging to navigate the seat map using the iPad app. It's very clumsy to move around.
Old Jan 25, 13, 4:48 am

The geofencing for lock screen passbook does not work. I've seen several posts and reviews elsewhere to corroborate that theory. If you hit the (i) icon in the passbook ticket you'll see no options for auto update or show in lock screen. My other apps' passbook passes all have that. So something is broken in how Delta is creating the passes -- which pretty much defeats the purpose of having passbook integration so how does this get missed in testing?!
Old Jan 25, 13, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by DLdweeb View Post
I still find it challenging to navigate the seat map using the iPad app. It's very clumsy to move around.
It's the seat map on the DL website, wrapped in an app. Just like most of the other "functionality" in the iPad app (booking tickets, itineraries, etc.). The app itself really doesn't do much. The iPhone app is far more useful on my iPad.
Old Jan 25, 13, 8:57 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott lifetime Ti, USMC
iPhone app: checked in but no BPs

I am flying SFO-ATL-HSV today, then back again on Thursday. As much as I love the HSV airport, TSA there doesn't have the capability to deal with online BPs. DL and AA both apparently know this, as during the normal online checkin process ex HSV I'm told that online BPs aren't available.

I checked in at T-23h for the SFO-ATL-HSV leg. DL.com sent an SMS to my phone with links for the BPs. However, they don't show up in the app-- I show as checked in, but the "My Trips" screen says "You are now checked in. Please visit a Delta kiosk or Delta.com to print this boarding pass." Because they're not in the app, I can't put them into Passbook.

In a probably-unrelated note, when I look at the trip details, the ATL-HSV leg has a link to see the upgrade/standby list next to my name. The SFO-ATL leg does not. No idea why this is, as I can see the list just fine on dl.com.
Old Jan 25, 13, 10:56 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Programs: Delta Air Lines
Originally Posted by paulr View Post

I checked in at T-23h for the SFO-ATL-HSV leg. DL.com sent an SMS to my phone with links for the BPs. However, they don't show up in the app-- I show as checked in, but the "My Trips" screen says "You are now checked in. Please visit a Delta kiosk or Delta.com to print this boarding pass." Because they're not in the app, I can't put them into Passbook.

In a probably-unrelated note, when I look at the trip details, the ATL-HSV leg has a link to see the upgrade/standby list next to my name. The SFO-ATL leg does not. No idea why this is, as I can see the list just fine on dl.com.
At this time checking in online will not send the electronic boarding pass to your phone.

To get the mobile boarding pass after checking in via any other channel than within the application:
When you're viewing the details of your flight you can tab the button that reads "Checked In" and check in again. Once you complete the process the electronic boarding pass will be on your device. Once you view the boarding pass you can tap the button in the upper right hand corner to add the boarding pass to Passbook - you will need to do this for each segment that you have checked in for.
Old Jan 25, 13, 11:18 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott lifetime Ti, USMC
That did the trick, Danny-- thank you!
Old Jan 26, 13, 11:01 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Gold, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Danny_DeltaeCommerce View Post
At this time checking in online will not send the electronic boarding pass to your phone.

To get the mobile boarding pass after checking in via any other channel than within the application:
When you're viewing the details of your flight you can tab the button that reads "Checked In" and check in again. Once you complete the process the electronic boarding pass will be on your device. Once you view the boarding pass you can tap the button in the upper right hand corner to add the boarding pass to Passbook - you will need to do this for each segment that you have checked in for.
Danny, I suggest you make this more obvious. I didn't realize this until I played around with it and stumbled upon this.
Old Jan 26, 13, 1:02 pm

Flying DL 2153 today, departure delayed til 1500 central time, gaye F13. App tells me "DL2163 21May departs MSP now 10:00PM Gate F13"
Old Jan 26, 13, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by mnredfox View Post
Flying DL 2153 today, departure delayed til 1500 central time, gaye F13. App tells me "DL2163 21May departs MSP now 10:00PM Gate F13"
I'm also getting notifications for a flight that I was on today... But the date said July 2, and the time was wrong.
Old Jan 26, 13, 11:05 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM / DM, Avis First, Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Gold
Danny - since you are so gracious to answer individual questions, can you answer why no e-boarding passes at AUS? They have the readers at all TSA stations as UA and AA use them. Is there an expense associated and AUS isn't in the budget? Just seems to be a no cost service upgrade and wondering why it hasn't happened. Thanks!
Old Jan 27, 13, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by javabytes View Post
I'm also getting notifications for a flight that I was on today... But the date said July 2, and the time was wrong.
I'm sitting in the MSP C club waiting for my severely delayed flight to LNK, and the app has yet to do anything in the form of notifying me of the delay. The departure time has changed three times, so it's not like there's been a shortage of chances for notification. Is this because it's an OO flight, or is there something more severely out of whack with the app?
Old Jan 27, 13, 4:11 pm

Programs: Spoiled by Skywards
Originally Posted by scm53 View Post
Danny - since you are so gracious to answer individual questions, can you answer why no e-boarding passes at AUS? They have the readers at all TSA stations as UA and AA use them. Is there an expense associated and AUS isn't in the budget? Just seems to be a no cost service upgrade and wondering why it hasn't happened. Thanks!
Add CLE to that. CO and NW had them, but now that UA owns them there's no reciprocity for DL customers.

Give us an idea of cost to implement, as some stations, like TLH, had the airport authority purchase them. I'd be happy to purchase them for DL at CAK or CLE if the price were right.

Search this Thread