Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Did delta change coffee vendors again?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:50 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by wrytoast
Who puts gin in their Bloody Maries? :-)
Gin for Bloody Maries, and vodka for Bloody Marys?
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Sabai
Gin for Bloody Maries, and vodka for Bloody Marys?
More about gin in Bloody Marys:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...-vodka-bourbon

Gotta say that I have never tried a bourbon Bloody Mary.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 12:16 pm

Did delta change coffee vendors again?

Interesting thought about the creamer... I'm not a fan of coffee mate. BUT, I think two issues are being confuse here... the lack of great coffee on flights in general, and the particularly horrid taste of whatever Delta is now serving. The latter is my issue. Airplane coffee may not be the best, but it's always been drinkable to me... UNTIL Delta's current blend.

But, back to lack of great inflight coffee in general, keep in mind how altitude affects taste. A great cup on the ground could taste very different inflight -- and visa-versa. Inflight coffee is typically formulated specifically for taste at altitude... which is tricky at best, given how highly variable "consuming conditions" can be -- which is why I've always given airlines a break on serving mediocre cups of coffee. But, again, that's not Delta's issue now -- what they are serving is consistently intolerable. It has strong flavor of plastic to me.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 1:08 pm

worst coffee i have had in a long time--

i think it's the worst-- i just did a AF with DL segments. AF serving nescafe, usually don't think much of instant but was very ok tasting coffee. delta was not drinkable. (not a coffee snob but do like a reasonable cup of joe)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.