Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread

AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread

Old Jun 24, 2019, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Delta Platinum card also has annual MQM/RDM boosts for spending more than $25K/year on it (10K MQM/RDM boosts at $25K and $50K spend levels). If you are already spending more than $25K/year on a Gold card, many would consider the MQM/RDM boosts alone as a reason to upgrade. The RDM boost would cover the extra cost of the Plat card (10K miles = $100 when used with PWM).
Global Adventurer likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by TheHorta

The AX Reserve certificate is for first class. Also, you get 30K MQMs once you reach $60K in annual spend. I have two AXR cards, so that gives us 2x F tickets and allows me to gift all 60K MQMs to my wife so she can maintain her Diamond status, which also gives us 8x GUCs annually — so two domestic F tix and eight D1 international segments. Additionally, with the Reserve card we can each bring two non-family guests with us into the clubs at no charge, allowing us up to six people in the SC.

Well worth the $900 AF for us.
Do you know if one-way tickets are included? It looks like you guys have a good plan having the two reserve cards. I'm solo so not an option for me, unfortunately.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by xliioper
Delta Platinum card also has annual MQM/RDM boosts for spending more than $25K/year on it (10K MQM/RDM boosts at $25K and $50K spend levels). If you are already spending more than $25K/year on a Gold card, many would consider the MQM/RDM boosts alone as a reason to upgrade. The RDM boost would cover the extra cost of the Plat card (10K miles = $100 when used with PWM).
Ok. That's another thing I can consider aside from the companion ticket. Thank you.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by TheHorta
The AX Reserve certificate is for first class. Also, you get 30K MQMs once you reach $60K in annual spend. I have two AXR cards, so that gives us 2x F tickets and allows me to gift all 60K MQMs to my wife so she can maintain her Diamond status, which also gives us 8x GUCs annually — so two domestic F tix and eight D1 international segments. Additionally, with the Reserve card we can each bring two non-family guests with us into the clubs at no charge, allowing us up to six people in the SC.

Well worth the $900 AF for us.
Bolding mine.

I thought that with the you had to pay for guests on the Reserve card ($29 each). Did this change?
Old Jun 24, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by gooselee
Bolding mine.

I thought that with the you had to pay for guests on the Reserve card ($29 each). Did this change?
Sorry, I was ambiguous on that point. It’s because we’re both DMs with the AXR, so we select Guest Access as one of our Choice Benefits.
gooselee likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 8:58 am
Formerly known as scootr29

I am trying to see my options from JNB to DTW in December and not one Virgin Atlantic flight is popping up. Is Virgin Atlantic still a Skymiles option? Also saw for the first time saw an option to connect through FCO on Alitalia.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 9:13 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Do you know if one-way tickets are included?
No. Round trip only, no open jaws.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/booking-...n-certificates
Old Jun 24, 2019, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
Thank you Zorak.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SSF556
I am trying to see my options from JNB to DTW in December and not one Virgin Atlantic flight is popping up. Is Virgin Atlantic still a Skymiles option? Also saw for the first time saw an option to connect through FCO on Alitalia.
You'll need to call or use VS website. Problem is that except for West Coast - JNB dl.com forces routing via ATL-JNB.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 6:34 am
Formerly known as scootr29

Originally Posted by flyerCO
You'll need to call or use VS website. Problem is that except for West Coast - JNB dl.com forces routing via ATL-JNB.
Thanks....what is interesting I am getting VS options on my outbound flight DTW to JNB..of course for miles plus $800+. On my return date nothing. I already have flights reserved but just checking to see if I can get a better sky miles deal.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 9:51 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Does anyone have any data points on what happens with mileage earning when you take an FCM upgrade offer on a companion certificate booking? I have a booking for JFK-PDX in the fall and am tempted by the FCM upgrade offer price ($250 per person per way). Does the companion ticket still earn no miles/MQMs after upgrading? The extra MQMs for the companion would be part of my value calculation for taking the offer, if indeed they are earned.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SSF556
Thanks....what is interesting I am getting VS options on my outbound flight DTW to JNB..of course for miles plus $800+. On my return date nothing. I already have flights reserved but just checking to see if I can get a better sky miles deal.
odd for it to show non DL options at all. Via AMS or CDG is generally the best deal you'll find, if can get AF/KL whole way. It should he around 100-115k.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 7:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Found out this afternoon that we needed a last minute trip for 2 people JFK-MSY-JFK (this Friday - Sunday). Main Cabin fares were in the high $700's and F was just over $900. Found flights with I availability and was able to book 2 in F for 909, $500 saving.
gretchendz likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 4:38 am

Programs: Delta PM
I booked my Dad and I a golf trip to PHX in I using my Reserve companion cert. Wound up saving ~$870.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DLX5
I have never had difficulty using the cert.

Just booked flight to Boston for July 1.
I haven't eaither and I'm guessing most do not, however, from this thread the only people who have a true issue is looking for a certain date and time of flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.