Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Using SkyMiles on SkyTeam & Other Partners Master Thread

Using SkyMiles on SkyTeam & Other Partners Master Thread

Old Jul 13, 17, 4:16 am

Programs: DL DM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime GE), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by macdonaldj2 View Post

Edit - so I've been searching day by day and award space shows, when searching for partners using the flex search, the site returns no results.
It's been broken like that for (some? most? all?) SkyTeam airline awards for a the last few weeks, if not over a month.. typical DL at its "best". The only customer they want is an ignorant and uninformed one. What availability DL shows (e.g. many MU flights), it won't let you book. A lot of what is available, at the same time, it will not show you, so you can't book that either, unless you search elsewhere and then HUACA until you get a competent agent who will actually book the available flights for you, vs. using the same broken GUI search comparable to dullta.com and tell you that it is N/A, when really it is available (just not using the GUI that most phone agents use, and not on dullta.com).

In short, don't trust dullta.com.
Old Aug 15, 17, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond *Wood Gold, Hertz PC
Been trying to use SM to book LAX/AMS on one of the direct KLM flights in July 2018. Delta website only showing DL fights regardless of the dates - zero partner flights for any date even with show partner flights selected.

When I search on KLM from my Flying Blue account I see lots of availability including some classic awards. From what I read DL isn't going to match the mileage requirements listed on KLM.

Setting aside the amounts, is there any way to get KLM partner flights to show up online or if I call are they going to see anything?
Old Aug 15, 17, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime GE), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by WestCoastFlyer View Post
Been trying to use SM to book LAX/AMS on one of the direct KLM flights in July 2018. Delta website only showing DL fights regardless of the dates - zero partner flights for any date even with show partner flights selected.

When I search on KLM from my Flying Blue account I see lots of availability including some classic awards. From what I read DL isn't going to match the mileage requirements listed on KLM.

Setting aside the amounts, is there any way to get KLM partner flights to show up online or if I call are they going to see anything?
No, for several weeks now dullta.com has been totally hosed and broken. It only shows DL flights. CI, MU, CZ, KE, KL and other airline flights do not show, except in some specific instances (but generally do not, at least not in the searches that I did of routes of interest to me).

Only way to see and book those with DL is through the Dullta app...until they break it and take the online award visibility there away also. For now though, use the Fly Delta app on your phone to book awards, as online on dullta.com all non-DL flights are blocked.

I smell another massive SlyMiles devaluation coming, such as blocking of SkyTeam airline awards or even higher pricing for those that DL is affraid to show online. I hope that I'm wrong, but if past is any guide, I'm afraid that I may be right.
Old Aug 15, 17, 4:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Amex Plat
Can anyone tell me about a class change for an award ticket on partner? I'm about to book 5 economy tix on GA using Skymiles (they only ever seem to have 1 J on this flight). If some J open up, is it possible to pay the point difference and not have to pay a change fee? Or is this a full on rebooking situation? In which case would not be worth the $150.
Old Aug 15, 17, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis View Post
Can anyone tell me about a class change for an award ticket on partner? I'm about to book 5 economy tix on GA using Skymiles (they only ever seem to have 1 J on this flight). If some J open up, is it possible to pay the point difference and not have to pay a change fee? Or is this a full on rebooking situation? In which case would not be worth the $150.
Redeposit and rebook, so the $150 redeposit fee will apply. No way around it, other than being DM or PM.

Many DL agents will insist on there being current availability for all flights, i.e. to completely cancel and refund your original ticket and book a new one from the ground up. Don't let them do that (if needed, HUACA). Insist that they keep the existing PNR and just change the flight(s) being changed, but let others remain as they are. Still will be $150 fee, but your PNR will stay the same and the other flights seat assignments will remain valid.
Old Aug 15, 17, 5:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by RealHJ View Post
Redeposit and rebook, so the $150 redeposit fee will apply. No way around it, other than being DM or PM.

Many DL agents will insist on there being current availability for all flights, i.e. to completely cancel and refund your original ticket and book a new one from the ground up. Don't let them do that (if needed, HUACA). Insist that they keep the existing PNR and just change the flight(s) being changed, but let others remain as they are. Still will be $150 fee, but your PNR will stay the same and the other flights seat assignments will remain valid.
Okay, got it re the change vs rebook. I think I may get 4Y and 1J for now and then $150 for spouse to go up if J becomes available. Teens can stay in Y.
Old Aug 15, 17, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis View Post
Okay, got it re the change vs rebook. I think I may get 4Y and 1J for now and then $150 for spouse to go up if J becomes available. Teens can stay in Y.
Good luck. Hope it works out for you, esp. if you are in J and the spouse is in Y.

It is still redeposit and rebook when changing, but it is keeping the same record (confirmation #) and the unchanged flights intact, vs. cancel all and then try to book it anew, as too many new Delta res agents will want to do, that usually makes it not available or much higher cost. Your best bet is to get through to an older and more experienced agent, who can do this day-to-day frequent task normally and competently.
Old Aug 16, 17, 7:20 pm

[/QUOTE]
Originally Posted by RealHJ View Post
Good luck. Hope it works out for you, esp. if you are in J and the spouse is in Y.

It is still redeposit and rebook when changing, but it is keeping the same record (confirmation #) and the unchanged flights intact, vs. cancel all and then try to book it anew, as too many new Delta res agents will want to do, that usually makes it not available or much higher cost. Your best bet is to get through to an older and more experienced agent, who can do this day-to-day frequent task normally and competently.
Got it. Thanks for the tip re agent. Spouse is fine with Y; he is not the points and miles and trip hoarder that I am. Besides, he doesn't appreciate Y as much as I do. Sticks his nose in a book and puts his headphones on.
Old Aug 18, 17, 5:53 pm

Programs: AS, AA
Westjet Awards Not Bookable Online?

Has anyone had any luck using Skymiles for Westjet flights in recent weeks? I was able to see plenty of availability back in July and easily made a booking, but since then something has changed. I tried a couple dozen test searches on different routes and dates but couldn't find anything at all.
Old Aug 19, 17, 9:14 am

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by qupasyd View Post
Has anyone had any luck using Skymiles for Westjet flights in recent weeks? I was able to see plenty of availability back in July and easily made a booking, but since then something has changed. I tried a couple dozen test searches on different routes and dates but couldn't find anything at all.
This was discussed upthread earlier this week. It appears little to no partner inventory is currently displaying. See posts #797 and 798. I hope this is an IT glitch and not foreshadowing of another "enhancement."
Old Aug 20, 17, 1:37 am

Programs: AS, AA
Originally Posted by mattp1987 View Post
This was discussed upthread earlier this week. It appears little to no partner inventory is currently displaying. See posts #797 and 798. I hope this is an IT glitch and not foreshadowing of another "enhancement."
Thanks for your reply. I have been able to see other Skyteam and non-Skyteam partner inventory at delta.com, just not Westjet.

In case it helps anyone, I eventually found a way to view Westjet flights. They won't show if the search originates on the main search page, but they will show if the search is made through the "Modify Search" side menu (pictured below). So you have to do some other random search first to get to a page with the side menu and then do your actual search.

akcae likes this.
Old Aug 22, 17, 10:50 am

Programs: AA PLT, ex-UA 1K, Sixt Plat.
I'm a bit behind the times as far as booking ST award tickets goes -- I still have a ton of SkyMiles, but I gave up on DL a decade ago and switched to UA (and then AA) -- but I've getting the following error message all morning while attempting to search award-flight availability on both KL's and AF's sites. Is this a regular issue for them?

EDIT: Grrrr ... I can't get an inline image to work. Here's what the error text says: "A technical error occurred and your request could not be completed. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please try again later."

Last edited by kirker; Aug 22, 17 at 10:57 am Reason: link not working
Old Aug 22, 17, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond *Wood Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kirker View Post
EDIT: Grrrr ... I can't get an inline image to work. Here's what the error text says: "A technical error occurred and your request could not be completed. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please try again later."
I had been getting the same error - just seemed to start working again late Tuesday. Some good low mileage business awards LAX/AMS on KL on select dates in 2018 right now. However, you need flying blue miles to book them depending on how far into the future you want to book (KL already open into August 2018 for award booking but DL isn't open yet)
Old Aug 23, 17, 5:06 pm

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
I'm looking at CDG-MSP saver Biz award on AF next May. AF has 7 seats available and Delta.com and the call center can't see it. Is it normal for DL to not have access to AF awards when there are that many available to FB members? I called AF and they confirmed there are 7 seats.
Old Sep 4, 17, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Plat, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Not sure if this is a MU or DL issue (likely mostly MU) but I was disappointed recently to only be able to book 1 J tix for my SO and only a Y for me on a recent MU international flight. J cabin in the end went out 2/3 empty. For whatever reason MU allows only certain # of DL award tix per cabin and once it's gone it doesn't reallocate even if the cabin is empty.

MU agents wouldn't allow me to purchase it during check in, onboard they offered for a reasonable price but not what I wanted to pay.

Search this Thread