Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Using SkyMiles on SkyTeam & Other Partners: The Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using SkyMiles on SkyTeam & Other Partners: The Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2013, 4:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by 22calbr
Alright tried twice just now. 1st rep same story. Rep #2, Jake, seemed the most competent of the bunch. Said seats were available, but not for award redemption, only for cash purchase.
That doesn't make sense. To my knowledge, CZ doesn't pull award inventory from a revenue fare bucket.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 7:46 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Has anyone else noticed that AM availability seems to have disappeared from delta.com? I've done dummy searches for tickets to Mexico a few times in the last few weeks, and AM flights never pop up like they used to.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 9:46 pm

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
Has anyone else noticed that AM availability seems to have disappeared from delta.com? I've done dummy searches for tickets to Mexico a few times in the last few weeks, and AM flights never pop up like they used to.
Just did a dummy MEX-CUN and AM popped up, as did JFK-MEX
Old Jul 10, 2013, 8:17 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
Just did a dummy MEX-CUN and AM popped up, as did JFK-MEX
Thank you. I guess availability has dried up more than I realized.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 11:41 am

Routing Pricing Question:

Will be in Paris, headed to Russia (ideally into LED, out of Moscow) and then onto Athens. Was playing around with DL.com to try to get a sense of pricing. Did CDG-LED, SVO-ATH which priced at out 90K in J, but then I realized that was just two one-ways. So my question is this...would the following price out at the standard round-trip level?

CDG-LED(stop)-SVO (Destination) + SVO-ATH

The distances are as follows:
CDG-LED: 1329
LED-SVO: 373
SVO-ATH: 1394

unflown, open-jaw (ATH-CDG): 1312
unflown, CDG-SVO: 1529

As I understand it, I can do a stop-over and an open jaw. The conditions for the open jaw are that it is shorter than the flown legs. I'm not sure if that means that A-C, A-B-C, or A-B AND B-C must all be shorter than the open-jaw.

I'd price it on Delta, but obviously can't lookup SU flights there.

Any thoughts?

Edit: Further searching has shown that only the component lengths should matter, so this should price out at 45k in Biz, assuming DL computer agree with gcmap distances.

Last edited by nittany987; Jul 10, 2013 at 12:44 pm
Old Jul 10, 2013, 2:27 pm

The one potential issue would be that you might need AF or SU to publish a fare CDG-SVO routed via LED. Otherwise, the distances all appear to check out properly. If there's just MPM being considered for the CDG-LED-SVO portion, it should be OK.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
So I am trying to see if I can do a COK-HNL flight with DL miles. I thought that searching on kayak will show me airlines that publish air fares on this route, but remember seeing somewhere that kayak can show constructed fares i.e. by adding to together various flights. Is this true? If so, is ITA the only way to find out published fares?

From ITA, it looks like KE has a fare, but uses UL to CMB and then on KE. So that option is not possible. If I change to BOM-HNL I get an all KE route. For the return I am planning to do HNL-DFW (stop)-BOM/COK.

Do the fare rules require KE to publish the return route also?
And I can cross two oceans?
Old Jul 10, 2013, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
So I am trying to see if I can do a COK-HNL flight with DL miles. I thought that searching on kayak will show me airlines that publish air fares on this route, but remember seeing somewhere that kayak can show constructed fares i.e. by adding to together various flights. Is this true? If so, is ITA the only way to find out published fares?

From ITA, it looks like KE has a fare, but uses UL to CMB and then on KE. So that option is not possible. If I change to BOM-HNL I get an all KE route. For the return I am planning to do HNL-DFW (stop)-BOM/COK.

Do the fare rules require KE to publish the return route also?
And I can cross two oceans?
I will let others speak about routing rules, but my 2 cents is that it will be hard to get HNL-DFW(stop)-BOM/COK in 4 segments.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by michael_v
I will let others speak about routing rules, but my 2 cents is that it will be hard to get HNL-DFW(stop)-BOM/COK in 4 segments.
Is the 4 segment rule enforced? Also wouldn't the farthest distance be the destination - so in this case DFW?
Old Jul 10, 2013, 5:15 pm

Is the 4 segment rule enforced? Also wouldn't the farthest distance be the destination - so in this case DFW?
KE, KL, AF, AZ are all bookable online. Why don't you try it out with both DFW as stopover and destination and see what DL.com says? From the reports posted here, agents and their supervisors can do very little outside of what their computer says.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 5:16 pm

The four-segment per direction rule is strictly enforced by the computer. Occasionally if there's a schedule change where the only way to catch up with a partner flight is to take two segments in place of one, you can have them override things, but not at initial ticketing.

Definition of destination and stopover can be a bit tough to figure out with DL.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 5:54 pm

Programs: SQ
Any luck with KL yet?

I need to go to AMS next week, and want to take advantage of DL/VS availability in C to LHR instead of flying on the ski slopes from BOS nonstop.

LHR-AMS won't book
Old Jul 12, 2013, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mtkeller
The four-segment per direction rule is strictly enforced by the computer. Occasionally if there's a schedule change where the only way to catch up with a partner flight is to take two segments in place of one, you can have them override things, but not at initial ticketing.

Definition of destination and stopover can be a bit tough to figure out with DL.
+1, I've never seen a case of >4 segments working as half the award.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 5:32 pm

Hello,

Can someone give a current status on booking AF flights with DL miles? What is the recommended search site/tool? Is there still an issue with faux classic award space on AF's site?

Thanks!
Old Jul 14, 2013, 5:40 pm

Can this be possible? Atlanta to Sydney as a stop over. Then fly from Sydney to Tokyo on Vietnam airways for the main destination. Then fly home from Tokyo back to Atl.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.