Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Using SkyMiles on SkyTeam & Other Partners: The Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using SkyMiles on SkyTeam & Other Partners: The Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2013, 7:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by gvol21
OK, thanks for the insight! The DL agent said she thought it was the PPT-AKL leg on TN that was causing it to price higher, but it could very well be the trip on DL metal from SYD to LAX. I've got the itin on hold, so I'll call back and try to find something else for the last leg.
Partner segments are supposed to be available as low or not at all.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 11:46 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Partner segments are supposed to be available as low or not at all.
Except for HA, which is usually only available at mid and very rarely at low (when HA has it at low, then DL only offers it at mid; when HA has it at mid or high, then DL does not offer it).
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:46 pm

Alaska is getting more partner award space than DL. For example, CDG-LAX 9/18/2013, alaskaair.com shows 1 seat in coach on AF, DL.com cannot see it.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:50 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, UA, DL, SPG, AMEX
Hi.. I am trying to piece an itinerary as below in J.

ATL-MIA-FCO-JED-KHI(destination)-JED-CAN-LAX-ATL

1. Is above a valid routing? If not can I do TPAC in both directions?
2. If all legs are available in low level, would it price at 120k?
Old Jun 20, 2013, 1:00 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by murtuza
Hi.. I am trying to piece an itinerary as below in J.

ATL-MIA-FCO-JED-KHI(destination)-JED-CAN-LAX-ATL

1. Is above a valid routing? If not can I do TPAC in both directions?
2. If all legs are available in low level, would it price at 120k?
The return is more than 25% over the MPM. Unless SV or CZ publishes a fare routed that way, no way you get it to go.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 1:43 pm

I've got a question. I want to visit both tokyo and Hong Kong. I'm flying from Atl. What would be the best way to get the most out of an award ticket. I've never been anywhere outside of Europe and would love to see as many places as possible even if it's for a long layover. I'd love any ideas or suggestions!
Old Jun 20, 2013, 2:13 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, UA, DL, SPG, AMEX
Originally Posted by mtkeller
The return is more than 25% over the MPM. Unless SV or CZ publishes a fare routed that way, no way you get it to go.
How do I find if either of SV/CZ publishes the fare that way? Also if I route "ATL-LAX-CAN-JED-KHI(destination)-JED-CAN-LAX-ATL" would that be valid? I tried ITA matrix with Trip starting from LAX and ending in KHI, but it shows all TATL route only..

Last edited by murtuza; Jun 20, 2013 at 2:38 pm
Old Jun 20, 2013, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by edh101985
I've got a question. I want to visit both tokyo and Hong Kong. I'm flying from Atl. What would be the best way to get the most out of an award ticket. I've never been anywhere outside of Europe and would love to see as many places as possible even if it's for a long layover. I'd love any ideas or suggestions!
You can go to Hong Kong with a stopover in Tokyo. Or, if you have a third place in mind, you can do both stopover and open jaw: ATL-TYO (stopover)-HKG, XXX-ATL and then book HKG-XXX one-way with AA or UA miles for example. HTH
Old Jun 20, 2013, 8:24 pm

How do I find if either of SV/CZ publishes the fare that way?
Check ExpertFlyer.

Also if I route "ATL-LAX-CAN-JED-KHI(destination)-JED-CAN-LAX-ATL" would that be valid? I tried ITA matrix with Trip starting from LAX and ending in KHI, but it shows all TATL route only..
No, you can't route that way without a published fare. It's over the MPM by more than 25%. Doing an invalid routing both outbound an inbound instead of just inbound doesn't magically make it valid.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 8:33 pm

Programs: DL, Amex MR
Originally Posted by edh101985
Originally Posted by michael_v
You can go to Hong Kong with a stopover in Tokyo. Or, if you have a third place in mind, you can do both stopover and open jaw: ATL-TYO (stopover)-HKG, XXX-ATL and then book HKG-XXX one-way with AA or UA miles for example. HTH
I would fly back from PVG and maybe try to get a one way HKG-PVG using avios which should be 7500 avios
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:28 am

Hi Just wondering can I ticket the following itins?

CAN-LAX (stopover)-ATL,
ATL-NYC-PVG

Can I have the stopover in US or it must be at an intl city?

Thanks!
Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by zhengqiji
Hi Just wondering can I ticket the following itins?

CAN-LAX (stopover)-ATL,
ATL-NYC-PVG

Can I have the stopover in US or it must be at an intl city?

Thanks!
You can stopover at any point on a valid routing between origin and destination. That should be perfectly fine.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 12:34 pm

You can stopover at any point on a valid routing between origin and destination. That should be perfectly fine.
Thanks mtkeller!
Old Jun 24, 2013, 12:59 pm

The valid routing is the key; pretty much means it has to be a typical Delta transfer airport which LAX is. For example, I think you won't be able to do stopovers in Memphis anymore since it won't be a valid routing anymore.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 1:00 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan
The valid routing is the key; pretty much means it has to be a typical Delta transfer airport which LAX is. For example, I think you won't be able to do stopovers in Memphis anymore since it won't be a valid routing anymore.
Isn't it that a published route is only required for US domestic travel, but that for int'l it just has to stay within MPM and not be backtracking and then it's generally fine?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.