Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Amsterdam Lounge Access? KLM/Delta flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amsterdam Lounge Access? KLM/Delta flight

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: DL DM, GOES
CitizenM hotel, almost attached to Terminal (2?). 5 minutes walk from central terminal. Uber-hip joint. $100 the night I stayed, a few weeks back. MUCH more comfy. And you can train it into city central from the airport, so no transport concerns.

To my knowledge, KLM AMS lounge isn't open 24 hrs.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 2:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Chdev
Hi. I have a 23 hours layover in a few weeks. I'm a delta skymiles member and wondering if I'll be able to gain access to the delta lounges. If so, would I be able to stay there overnight and crash on a couch? I'm not sure if I'm going to stay in the airport or put my luggage in a locker and take bus into town... But if I decide to go into town for a few hours would I be able to get a pass for delta lounge and leave my bags there while in town or elsewhere in airport? I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could explain to me my options! Thank you!!
For starters, a lot depends on your route, in particular whether these are schengen or nonschengen flights. These are distinct areas of the airport and you don't get access if you don't need it for a flight. Perhaps moore importantly, I don't think any lounges at AMS are open 24/7.

For 23 hours, I would take the train to downtown Amsterdam (or some other nearby Dutch city) and enjoy the time rather than spending so many hours in the airport, even as good of an airport as AMS.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Schiphol will close down at night. Both KLM lounges (Schengen and non-Schengen) are both open daily at 0445, until the last KLM flight (and that's most likely between 21h00 and 22h00), however you say you are a Delta Skymiles member. This won't get your access (Delta Gold or higher will as long as you have a same day (connecting) skyteam flight).

Really get a hotel somewhere and enjoy your day in Amsterdam.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Chdev
Hi. I have a 23 hours layover in a few weeks. I'm a delta skymiles member and wondering if I'll be able to gain access to the delta lounges. If so, would I be able to stay there overnight and crash on a couch? I'm not sure if I'm going to stay in the airport or put my luggage in a locker and take bus into town... But if I decide to go into town for a few hours would I be able to get a pass for delta lounge and leave my bags there while in town or elsewhere in airport? I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could explain to me my options! Thank you!!
Due you mean Skyclub member? Just being a Skymiles member gets you nothing in terms of lounge access unless you're flying DeltaOne/KLM's World Business Class. Also are you connecting onward to a KLM/DL flight or another airline? It can matter for lounge access.

Next the clubs are KLM Crown Lounges, not Delta Skyclubs. They're not open 24/7 and are closed between approx 22/2300-0445. There is a transit hotel in AMS on the secure side of the airport, meaning no need to exit the terminal. There's no place to leave luggage at in the KLM lounges, and other then having a hotel I'm not sure where you could leave luggage.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 6:50 pm

There are left luggage lockers in several locations in the airport, easy to google where. Theoretically OP could go into town easily enough. I have 5 hours to kill coming up and I read there are comfortable lounge chairs available on the 2nd level (not sure if they are open all night), and there are pay lounges called Aspire open from 5:30 AM to 21:30.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 12:39 pm

This sounds interesting. KLM gives you a train ticket into town and a free drink in Amsterdam with a local who signs up for the program. You have to be flying into Schiphol on KLM and have at least 6 hours.
https://layoverwithalocal.klm.com/
https://layoverwithalocal.klm.com/pages/faq/
Old Mar 24, 2016, 4:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by flyerslc
This sounds interesting. KLM gives you a train ticket into town and a free drink in Amsterdam with a local who signs up for the program. You have to be flying into Schiphol on KLM and have at least 6 hours.
Interesting. I wonder what kinds of bars are used. It's too bad that one apparently must arrive on a KLM operated flight (with at least six hours connecting time).
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, SC, Marriott Plat
I have an Executive Sky Club membership. Can I bring guests to the KLM lounge?
Old Mar 31, 2016, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by LBJ
The $25 DL AMEX "visit pass" deal and the $50 Delta Sky Club day pass will not work at KL Crown Lounges (and you also need to buy one for each passenger). They are only good at true Delta Sky Clubs, which the KL Crown Lounges are not. However, the $90 Delta Sky Club 30-day membership is a true Sky Club membership and will get the member and a free guest into the KL lounges. That is probably your best bet.

The other option would be one of the 2 Servisair lounges which you can book online at https://www.executivelounges.com/en/booking/ for 24.50 Euro for each passenger.
Are 30 days memberships still an option? I don't see anything on delta.dumb about this option. I only see individual membership for $450 or executive for $695. I'm FO if that matters.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 3:21 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by milesho
I have an Executive Sky Club membership. Can I bring guests to the KLM lounge?
KLM crownlounges and a Executive membership: Two guests or spouse and children under 21
Old Mar 31, 2016, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, GOES
Originally Posted by flyerslc
OMG! That's AWESOME!

Can you imagine any US carrier trying to do this? Legal would squash it so hard, the ensuing black hole would suck in every other cubicle on the same floor.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mridley2
Are 30 days memberships still an option? I don't see anything on delta.dumb about this option. I only see individual membership for $450 or executive for $695. I'm FO if that matters.
The 30-day memberships are long gone.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 9:00 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles Platinu Medallion, Delta Reserve Card, IHG Spire Ambassador, Chase Sapphire Preferred
We are flying on Delta One SLC-AMS in May on one reservation. We have a four hour layover in AMS before flying KLM to Berlin (separate reservation). Our AMS-TXL seats will be in economy. Will we be granted KLM lounge access during our layover due to our first class international tickets? I've done some research that says yes due to our "highest cabin in our itinerary" but technically we have two itineraries so I am confused. We are also Delta Reserve Card holders but that doesn't seem to matter outside the U.S.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by stringcheese
We are flying on Delta One SLC-AMS in May on one reservation. We have a four hour layover in AMS before flying KLM to Berlin (separate reservation). Our AMS-TXL seats will be in economy. Will we be granted KLM lounge access during our layover due to our first class international tickets? I've done some research that says yes due to our "highest cabin in our itinerary" but technically we have two itineraries so I am confused. We are also Delta Reserve Card holders but that doesn't seem to matter outside the U.S.
Yes they just want to see you're flying on. It doesn't need to be same reservation.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 12:36 am

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Bump. Do STE+ still have lounge access to both lounges -- on connection (and/or arrivals)?

XXX->AMS->SOF, non-Schengen I presume? Lounge (with showers) available on AMS layover?

TIA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.