Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Amsterdam Lounge Access? KLM/Delta flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amsterdam Lounge Access? KLM/Delta flight

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2013, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Prem1K, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
SkyTeam E+ gets you into both the AMS lounges regardless of class of service.
Thanks. I thought so, but that was not the view of the gate dragons, last week. I arrived in J on DL metal w/onward travel on a non-SkyTeam carrier (per the S/T website, one need only arrive/depart in J on a S/T carrier so the first flight should have been enough). My BP also clearly had Plat/Elite Plus on it, and I had my DL Plat Card (i.e. Elite Plus) on me, so that should be 2 ways in. No Joy. They claimed the problem was that I was on DL. Happily enough, my lavover was brief, and it wasn't that important.

My layover, homebound, is much longer so I will be more insistent, if it is again a problem. It was a pity, as the Dutch are usually so friendly and efficient and welcoming to travelers....

O/H
Old Jul 22, 2013, 9:16 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
It is a Delta problem. Per Skyteam and KL rules an Elite+ should have access on arrival in AMS but Delta limits the use of the KL lounge for departures only. Check the Skyclub section on their site.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Occupationalhazard
So does Skteam Elite Plus get one in to Lounge 52, or does one have to be flying a. Business, b. on KLM, or c. In business on KLM?

O/H
KLM only allows you into the Crown Lounges at Amsterdam when you are departing on a SkyTeam flight. It is not designated as an arrivals lounge (except for Flying Blue elite members). Or at least, that appears to be how they operate at present.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-f...m-flights.html

Last edited by irishguy28; Jul 22, 2013 at 9:29 am
Old Jul 22, 2013, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Prem1K, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Thanks! So looks like it won't be a problem on the flight home, anyway, which is what I care about. I was going by what it said on the ST site for lounge access, which did not distinguish b/w arr/dep. Usually, I book on KLM for this run, but it was DL this time.

Thx again,

O/H
Old Sep 23, 2013, 9:59 pm

Amsterdam--KLM Lounge Access

I am stopping in Amsterdam with KLM flying blue on my way back from Israel.

I am wondering if my Amex Platinum will give me access to any of the lounges in the airport in Amsterdam.

I was reading some earlier posts which seemed to imply yes. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks
Old Sep 23, 2013, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joey1234
I am stopping in Amsterdam with KLM flying blue on my way back from Israel.

I am wondering if my Amex Platinum will give me access to any of the lounges in the airport in Amsterdam.

I was reading some earlier posts which seemed to imply yes. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks
Nope. Unless you signed up for the Priority Pass membership which comes with the Amex Plat. That should get you into a couple of Servisair lounges.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 10:05 pm

I just want to confirm that its free to sign up for Priority Pass membership?

Thanks again
Old Sep 23, 2013, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just want to confirm that its free to sign up for Priority Pass membership?

Thanks again
Yes, Priority Pass Select membership is free (I'm assuming you are talking about the real Amex Plat and not the Delta Amex Plat) --

https://rewards.americanexpress.com/...umprioritypass
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:01 am

Diners Club card also gets you into the Servisair lounge. It's a waste of money to pay for lounge access in AMS.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by LBJ
Yes, Priority Pass Select membership is free (I'm assuming you are talking about the real Amex Plat and not the Delta Amex Plat) --

https://rewards.americanexpress.com/...umprioritypass
At least for USA issued regular (nonaffiliated) AmEx Plat charge cards.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 8:02 am

Amsterdam Lounge

So I signed up for the Platinum Priority Pass Membership. However, my flight departs this Wednesday and I don't think I will receive the priority pass card in the mail on time.

Would showing my Amex Platinum alone be sufficient?
Old Sep 29, 2013, 6:29 pm

BUMP

Can someone please chime in?
Old Sep 29, 2013, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Can someone please chime in?
this has nothing to do with Delta SM or with ST lounges IMO ... better to ask this question elsewhere. When I had a PP a few years ago I always needed the physical card. Best option might be to call PP and ask them for options.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 1 MM/ LTG, CX GO, US CP, SPG Platinum Ambassador, National EE
Does anyone know if AMEX Platinum Card holders will have access to the Sky Club if they are flying on a KLM-operated flight?

Last edited by GullwingSL; Nov 15, 2014 at 4:49 pm
Old Mar 18, 2016, 12:19 pm

23 hr layover and lounge access

Hi. I have a 23 hours layover in a few weeks. I'm a delta skymiles member and wondering if I'll be able to gain access to the delta lounges. If so, would I be able to stay there overnight and crash on a couch? I'm not sure if I'm going to stay in the airport or put my luggage in a locker and take bus into town... But if I decide to go into town for a few hours would I be able to get a pass for delta lounge and leave my bags there while in town or elsewhere in airport? I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could explain to me my options! Thank you!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.