Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AMEX Skymiles Free Bag and Ticket Allowance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Last edited by TAKEOFF2DAY; Aug 15, 2015 at 11:32 am
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:57 am

Programs: DL PM
How does your ticket "allow for one free bag"? A little more information about the travel plans would be helpful.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rosemarie
Hi,
Just wondering that if my ticket allows for one free bag and my AMEX DL Skymiles card allows for a free bag, do you get both? One under your ticket then the second under the credit card benefit?

If not, where's the benefit to the card when your ticket allows the first bag free? Just curious

Thanks!
There is no additional free bag benefit with the DL Amex cards for tickets which already have free baggage allowances. Silver Medallions do get a second free bag on domestic economy flights by having one of the DL Amex cards. If you only fly on tickets which already have a free baggage benefit, there are still a number of other benefits (which you can readily find on the AMEX card site) which may or may not be worth having the card.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Last edited by TAKEOFF2DAY; Aug 15, 2015 at 11:32 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.