Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fll to Vce?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2013, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Fll to Vce?

trying to fly Fll to Vce in May-have minimal pts to use-any helpful hints on best airline and ways to use pts to upgrade from economy to economy comfort or biz?
Old Jan 2, 2013, 10:55 am

Wirelessly posted (Verizon BlackBerry 9630: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9650; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.719 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Where are your points? What airline are you going on? How many people?

This info would be helpful so people can provide you with the proper guidance.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Points are with Delta skymiles although trying to transfer some other points from various places. flight is with Delta from Fll-VCE-2 adults traveling in May 2013--sorry-I'm a newbie
Old Jan 2, 2013, 12:27 pm

Delta requires certain minimum fare classes to upgrade with miles and the high cost may make it more worthwhile to look at booking Economy Comfort directly with Air France at least for the transatlantic legs
Old Jan 2, 2013, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat, FI Silver, DL alumnus
Bare minimum, you are looking at 60k miles per person for coach awards, or 100k per person for business. Your best bet is partner awards (AF/KL/AZ) rather than DL - the former will price out at "low" (i.e., 60k/100k) while the latter will price out as god knows what (but certainly a lot more). Check the The Definitive "How To Search for Low Tier Business Awards" sticky at the top of the forum for tips on how to construct an award reservation (the same tips work for coach awards).
Old Jan 2, 2013, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL: PM/2MM; MHG; HH;
Looks like you posted virtually the same question in two different threads within 6 mins of each other (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-upgrades.html).

OP, did you expect to get different answers in the different threads?

From experiences, if you want to ride Biz, you will prob need to break down and pay the cost unless you have uber elite status and an overbooked flight. As others have noted, to UG you need not only the miles, but a non-discounted Y, B or M ticket and open Z space. DL usually has very few Z's alloted to flights due to the good chances they can sell those high $$$ seats.

Best bet is to dig in the pocket and buy an EC seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.