Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Cargo Pet Debacle - what to do?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2013, 6:22 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by jeff30189
Thank you for your insights Doctor....
Don't worry - you're not alone . . . . Everyone who has posted here has, at one time or another, been the recipient of free psychologist's services.

Old Jan 3, 2013, 6:30 am
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
Originally Posted by TTT
I have seen quite a few cats pets in cabin. YMMV of course.
Totally. There seems to be a significant increase in allergies on domestic flights. Lately, the peanut issue seems to take over. Had an announcement on my two last flights.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Seriously? You want me to fly the cat to Rochester in cabin (not possible anyway as she's too vocal to subject passengers to that much protest for 6 hours), turn around and fly back to Phoenix, and then drive the car cross-country when for the same price I can just ship the cat to my sister via Cargo?

Really?

FWIW, the cat has outlived all of my healthy relationships, which makes her special in a twisted sort of way.
Seriously, really, people value their pets differently. For some, they would see no other humane way to do it than take an extra flight so the cat does not ride with the cargo. For you, the cargo hold was good enough. Not judging you, just pointing out that you may have overreacted in that post.

I asked for ideas on how to address this, never suggested that I wanted to involve Richard Anderson although a standard complaint submission will only result in a unintentionally comedic form letter response.
What else would you possibly expect? Even if it was a non-form response, what would it accomplish?
Old Jan 9, 2013, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Million Miler, Skymiles GM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite
Closure

Ignoring some ... er, most... of the unproductive or off-topic advice that was posted here, I sent a letter to Delta Cargo as well as to a few specific individuals at their delta.com email addresses, including Richard Anderson.

To my surprise - it worked! I realize this is like telling you all that I saw Bigfoot but I not only a personal phone call, but TWO personal phone calls... including one from R.A.'s executive assistant. Both also followed up with emails (since they left voice mails initially) to make sure that I knew they were trying to contact me.

I did not ask for anything. I outlined the facts, I highlighted where the service model fell apart and closed by asking for a personalized response.

In the end, I don't think anything will change, but the individuals who contacted me at least made me feel like they took my situation seriously and that the points I raised were valid examples of where their systems need attention. I got a refund of my shipping fee, and in another first I did NOT get any Skypesos!
Old Jan 9, 2013, 4:32 pm

In the end, I don't think anything will change, but the individuals who contacted me at least made me feel like they took my situation seriously and that the points I raised were valid examples of where their systems need attention...
Thanks for letting us know how it all turned out!

Hope all the snow in the ROC isn't too bad! (BTW you might need to update your FlyerTalk profile....)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.