2013 Compensation Thread

Old Nov 29, 13, 9:55 am
  #151  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: BOS
Posts: 317
Originally Posted by jzweighaft View Post
There were two drinks runs the entire flight, and one of them was the PDB (the other was around 20 minutes after takeoff). In that respect, it took way too long between ordering and receiving the drink. In flight, they are supposed to offer water periodically at the minimum, regardless if it's a daytime or overnight flight. The snack basket also went around once and I happened to be asleep for it; I've taken this flight before in F and that time it went around no fewer than three times (twice after takeoff, once before landing) -- nothing after that initial round during the 50 minutes I slept.

I understand it's an abbreviated service, but I was primarily unhappy about the lack of water and the power outlet not working, which really put me in bind once we got to JFK.

-J.
Sounds like any redeye I've ever experienced in domestic F. Interesting to know that DL will compensate for it.
BOSavi8tr is offline  
Old Dec 4, 13, 3:33 am
  #152  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NYC
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 277
Flew BE NRT-SEA (award ticket) with a problematic lie-flat on the reconfigured A333. What should I expect for compensation?

Also, I'd just like to point out that the UA 2013 compensation thread has more than 1400 posts... go DL!
spikyone is offline  
Old Dec 4, 13, 9:28 am
  #153  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SYD, SFO
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, AA GLD, former DL DM
Posts: 1,944
Originally Posted by spikyone View Post
Flew BE NRT-SEA (award ticket) with a problematic lie-flat on the reconfigured A333. What should I expect for compensation?
I received 20k for a nonfunctional flatbed seat on a red-eye TATL, also on an award ticket.
lamont2718 is offline  
Old Oct 8, 14, 9:50 am
  #154  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Programs: DL DM
Posts: 785
Redeye from LAS to JFK delayed 1.5 hours last week because they were "waiting for flight attendants". Ended up missing a morning meeting, got into NYC 2 hours late. Polite email resulted in 7500 miles. Was sort of hoping for more than that since this wasn't weather or ATC related and was in DL's control. Am I wrong?
stencil is offline  
Old Oct 18, 14, 2:03 pm
  #155  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Programs: DL PM as of 12/8/2016
Posts: 1,809
Delayed bag 16 hours

Flying yesterday XXX-ATL-CHA. Arrived in ATL 15 minutes early giving Delta 50 minutes to get my bag onto my ATL-CHA which was a mainline B717. Bag did not make my flight and instead was expedited to last flight of the night getting in at 11:20 pm. 2 hours later.

I did not want to wait at airport so asked delta to deliver bag next day. Bag arrived today about 2pm. So about 16 hours delay. I'm only here for 3 days so that's a decent portion of my trip.

I am staying with family so I will not be submitting any reimbursement requests for out of pocket expenses. What is a reasonable expectation on compensation? My original flight was $435 so I figure about half that in a voucher. I'm thinking $200 voucher? I do not want miles. Period. I have a ton already.
mridley2 is offline  
Old Nov 4, 14, 10:39 pm
  #156  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Programs: DL PM as of 12/8/2016
Posts: 1,809
Originally Posted by mridley2 View Post
Flying yesterday XXX-ATL-CHA. Arrived in ATL 15 minutes early giving Delta 50 minutes to get my bag onto my ATL-CHA which was a mainline B717. Bag did not make my flight and instead was expedited to last flight of the night getting in at 11:20 pm. 2 hours later.

I did not want to wait at airport so asked delta to deliver bag next day. Bag arrived today about 2pm. So about 16 hours delay. I'm only here for 3 days so that's a decent portion of my trip.

I am staying with family so I will not be submitting any reimbursement requests for out of pocket expenses. What is a reasonable expectation on compensation? My original flight was $435 so I figure about half that in a voucher. I'm thinking $200 voucher? I do not want miles. Period. I have a ton already.
+1
mridley2 is offline  
Old Nov 12, 14, 5:53 pm
  #157  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MSP
Programs: Delta Skymile DM, Marriott Platinum, PC Gold, Avis Chairman's Club, National EE
Posts: 726
Originally Posted by mridley2 View Post
+1
mridley2,

Not sure what you +1 means here. Did you get your $200 voucher or what was the outcome?

Thanks
Tom
Teamstone is offline  
Old Nov 12, 14, 9:49 pm
  #158  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Programs: DL PM as of 12/8/2016
Posts: 1,809
Originally Posted by Teamstone View Post
mridley2,

Not sure what you +1 means here. Did you get your $200 voucher or what was the outcome?

Thanks
Tom
Although no one bothered to respond to my post I'm not too selfish to share. Yes I was offered a $200 voucher. Didn't take me putting up too much of a fuss either. Should've asked for more...
mridley2 is offline  
Old Nov 13, 14, 7:44 am
  #159  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: LHR
Programs: DL DM 1MM, AA Plat
Posts: 10,162
Originally Posted by mridley2 View Post
Although no one bothered to respond to my post I'm not too selfish to share.
Perhaps because this is the 2013 vice the 2014 thread?



rwoman is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread