Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

KLM EC question.. Will me seats "stick"

Old Dec 31, 2012, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM

Myself and my spouse have a MR coming up in a month. The return form IST to JFK is on KLM. I was automatically assigned EC seats. The question is will they stick? Do I need to do anything to ensure it? We are both GM. E+ is not showing for either of us on KLM.com.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Hopefully, they will, but many of us have learned anything is possible with KL operated flights.

Who assigned the seats?

Are you on DL or KL metal across the Pond?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...t-seating.html
Old Dec 31, 2012, 8:16 am
Original Poster

DL.com assigned the seats. We are on AF going east and KL heading back.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sectflyer
DL.com assigned the seats. We are on AF going east and KL heading back.
AF does not have Economy Comfort, so you're going to be in regular Y - look at your reservation via airfrance.us and contact them for seats - I've had success doing so via their site.

KL...I would use Skype to call their overseas line. I never trust DL assigned seats to hold on KL metal, especially if it's not showing up on the KL website. Even then, with a call, it does not consistenly work.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 8:21 am
Original Poster

I know. I got preferred seats on AF and it shows on there site. And my KL seats show as confirmed on KLM.com
Old Dec 31, 2012, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know. I got preferred seats on AF and it shows on there site. And my KL seats show as confirmed on KLM.com
I hope they stick - please report back any issues!!

I'll be doing ORD-AMS-IST and back in Februrary...DL metal between ORD and AMS to minimize the potential of my EC seats getting messed with...of course, anything can happen!
Old Dec 31, 2012, 8:33 am

Programs: Delta DM, MM
You seats will probably not stick. Go to a KLM lounge as soon as you can and ask them to confirm your seats both ways. That has a better chance of working than a call to Delta or KLM. Carry copies of your seat assignments with you also.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Think I should put a call into KLM to confirm? And I am going the first weekend in Feb. Fri night to Sun. I wanted to go out of OD but getting to there from PVD or BDL was sort of a problem.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 8:53 am
Original Poster

And why in the year 2013 are there such technology issues!
Old Dec 31, 2012, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
These KLM EC problems are making me nervous.

Has anyone experienced problems with "floating" or vanishing seat assignments on purchased BC tickets?

DL made my seat assignments. Would hate to lose my aisle seat end end up in a window seat.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:47 am

Programs: DL DM
Personally, I WOULD NOT trust a partner seat assignment....esp. KLM
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:50 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
These KLM EC problems are making me nervous.

Has anyone experienced problems with "floating" or vanishing seat assignments on purchased BC tickets?

DL made my seat assignments. Would hate to lose my aisle seat end end up in a window seat.
Check your seat assignment on KL.com.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: DL SM
Originally Posted by mnbp
Check your seat assignment on KL.com.
Whats KL.com? I would suggest checking seat assignments on klm.com

I have the same situation where my I am going ORD - DTW - AMS - IST - AMS - ORD. The last three flights are KLM operated. I made my reservation with Delta and seat assignments with Delta and everything except ORD - DTW is showing up on KLM.com I leave in 16 days. I will report back if everything holds with what KLM is showing.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:16 pm

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
I'm a gold and while they did not "stick," when I checked in, I was re-assigned to EC seats without being charged a fee. The seats shown at Delta.com on your KLM flights are probably not correct anyway. If DElta made your seat assignments, I don't think they've EVER been right. I've always had to go in and re-do it with KLM themselves, either on their website or else at the counter in AMS. I assume you're going through AMS, if not, I guess at the counter at IST. It was too early for my blood when I departed IST, so it's all a blur to me now what happened there...

But Delta has a long history where they think they are assigning a seat, and it never goes through to KLM.

Myself and my spouse have a MR coming up in a month. The return form IST to JFK is on KLM. I was automatically assigned EC seats. The question is will they stick? Do I need to do anything to ensure it? We are both GM. E+ is not showing for either of us on KLM.com.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:25 pm

Great grammar, sectflyer! Hope yourself and your spouse have a great trip on your sticky seats!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.