FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Bye-Bye e-rewards DL miles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1421404-bye-bye-e-rewards-dl-miles.html)

rylan Dec 27, 2012 11:08 am

Bye-Bye e-rewards DL miles

Looks like they're getting ready for the skymiles program transition... First e-miles and not e-rewards. Seems that DL is dumping mileage credits from some partners at the last minute.

As an e-RewardsŪ Member who joined us from either Delta Air Lines or Northwest Airlines and has claimed Delta SkyMilesŪ, we wanted to notify you that Delta Air Lines has chosen to no longer make SkyMilesŪ available to us as a Reward option. However, as of January 1, 2013 you can redeem your e-Rewards Currency for an expanded list of frequent flyer currency from American Airlines, Southwest, and United, as well as other travel partners!

mudpuppy Dec 27, 2012 11:57 am

Originally Posted by rylan (Post 19928085)
Looks like they're getting ready for the skymiles program transition...

Excuse me for being dim-witted but I don't really draw the connection. What's the logic?

If it is the end of sky miles, why not get rid of bonus miles from Hertz and all the other partners too? Perhaps I'm naive but to me it seems Delta just thinks they are not getting enough out of the survey programs?

pbarnette Dec 27, 2012 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by rylan (Post 19928085)
Looks like they're getting ready for the skymiles program transition... First e-miles and not e-rewards. Seems that DL is dumping mileage credits from some partners at the last minute.

Wow! Great Catch! I was doubting the transition rumors, but this has me convinced. It couldn't possibly be normal disagreements about pricing of miles or anything.

ElPresidente Dec 27, 2012 2:11 pm

Delta dropping E-Rewards offering

Hi,

Just got a notice from E-Rewards, no redemption of E-Rewards money for SkyMiles after December 31st. Confirmed when I logged into website with this notice:

As an e-RewardsŪ Member who joined us from either Delta Air Lines or Northwest Airlines and has claimed Delta SkyMilesŪ, we wanted to notify you that Delta Air Lines has chosen to no longer make SkyMilesŪ available to us as a Reward option. However, as of January 1, 2013 you can redeem your e-Rewards Currency for an expanded list of frequent flyer currency from American Airlines, Southwest, and United, as well as other travel partners!

EARN 25% MORE IN 2013

To show our appreciation for your participation in 2012 and to make your e-Rewards Currency go further with your new Reward options, we are going to award you quarterly bonuses for your activity during 2013. You can earn 25% MORE e-Rewards Currency for every survey answered!*

What's the catch? There isn't one -- just keep responding to surveys! Your 25% bonus will be credited after each calendar quarter during 2013 based upon all the e-Rewards Currency you earned during that quarter.

It's our way of saying - Thank you!

*Your 25% earnings (e-Rewards Bonus) will be credited within 2 weeks following the end of every calendar quarter. We'll notify you when your account has been credited.
So along with their dropping E-Miles, and no AmEx bonus transfers this year, it seems they are tightening up quite a bit!

Frinkiac7 Dec 27, 2012 7:43 pm

Not a huge blow, but I was a sucker for those surveys and had gotten pretty damn good at blowing through them all the time. The key is to always say you're Hispanic and always be VERY interested in the hypothetical product they ask you about at the beginning. Why YES, I did just recently buy a (refrigerator/motorcycle/case of beer/smartphone)!

davetravels Dec 27, 2012 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by pbarnette (Post 19928851)
Wow! Great Catch! I was doubting the transition rumors, but this has me convinced.

You're convinced, simply because of this miniscule tidbit?!?!?

ElPresidente Dec 27, 2012 11:12 pm

Dadgum it, I'm only $2.75 short of $25 on there, but the surveys have slowed to almost nothing. Disappointed I won't squeeze out at least one last reward of 500 miles.

javabytes Dec 27, 2012 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 19930670)
You're convinced, simply because of this miniscule tidbit?!?!?

Read again with a healthy dose of :D this time

DaddyRabbit Dec 28, 2012 9:25 am

No problem

It was a Turkey program. No loss.

Advances2Declines Dec 28, 2012 12:10 pm

Eh

No big deal. IMO Hertz gives you better value for your credit anyways.