Bye Bye Skymiles via e-Miles

Old Dec 27, 2012, 7:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by NYCflip
Yep, as stated, E-miles and E-rewards and Delta are done. Here is my email from e-rewards:

As an e-Rewards® Member who joined us from either Delta Air Lines or Northwest Airlines and has claimed Delta SkyMiles®, we wanted to notify you that Delta Air Lines has chosen to no longer make SkyMiles® available to us as a Reward option. However, as of January 1, 2013 you can redeem your e-Rewards Currency for an expanded list of frequent flyer currency from American Airlines, Southwest, and United, as well as other travel partners!

EARN 25% MORE IN 2013

To show our appreciation for your participation in 2012 and to make your e-Rewards Currency go further with your new Reward options, we are going to award you quarterly bonuses for your activity during 2013. You can earn 25% MORE e-Rewards Currency for every survey answered!*

What's the catch? There isn't one -- just keep responding to surveys! Your 25% bonus will be credited after each calendar quarter during 2013 based upon all the e-Rewards Currency you earned during that quarter.

It's our way of saying - Thank you!

*Your 25% earnings (e-Rewards Bonus) will be credited within 2 weeks following the end of every calendar quarter. We'll notify you when your account has been credited.

Got a few miles out of it as well as a $50 Starbucks gift card for my wife. Oh well, moving on.
I always pick FlexPerks points. $40 in "real" value for $100 in e-Rewards. Next best, I think, Hertz points.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 8:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Delta Points
I always pick FlexPerks points. $40 in "real" value for $100 in e-Rewards. Next best, I think, Hertz points.
^. That Olympics card is a dark horse. I've gotten so much value out of it.

I'm not going to miss DL on e-Miles/e-Rewards. I don't earn RDMs unless I'm also earning MQMs.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by amolkold
^. That Olympics card is a dark horse. I've gotten so much value out of it.

I'm not going to miss DL on e-Miles/e-Rewards. I don't earn RDMs unless I'm also earning MQMs.
Yep. Biz card can add another 15k or $300 too (EZ to have them merge cards)
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:34 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

The new reward offerings from e-miles have just posted on their website. No airline mileage offers for any airlines.

For 500 points, you can get a crappy $25 Restaurant.com gift certificate. This is a complete waste of redemption points as there is always a discount code for Restaurant.com in the S.P.A.M. forum. You can often get a $25 Restaurant.com gift certificate for under $5.

Beyond the 500 point threshold is exclusively Amazon gift codes. While this may appeal to many, it doesn't interest me. I'm less than 50 points from cashing out for the minimum Amazon award at 600 points and after I reach that threshold, I will close my account with e-miles.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
The new reward offerings from e-miles have just posted on their website. No airline mileage offers for any airlines.

For 500 points, you can get a crappy $25 Restaurant.com gift certificate. This is a complete waste of redemption points as there is always a discount code for Restaurant.com in the S.P.A.M. forum. You can often get a $25 Restaurant.com gift certificate for under $5.

Beyond the 500 point threshold is exclusively Amazon gift codes. While this may appeal to many, it doesn't interest me. I'm less than 50 points from cashing out for the minimum Amazon award at 600 points and after I reach that threshold, I will close my account with e-miles.
That is crap indeed but I can use Amazon gift codes from time to time.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by MileageAddict
No airline mileage offers for any airlines.
The original email announcing that Delta were exiting the program provided an FAQ that said miles would soon be usable with any travel partner. The email they sent today confirms that option will be available soon:
Later this spring you will be able to redeem your e-Miles miles with our other frequent flyer or hotel loyalty programs. You no longer have to choose just one.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 3:06 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by blagger
The original email announcing that Delta were exiting the program provided an FAQ that said miles would soon be usable with any travel partner. The email they sent today confirms that option will be available soon:
and who are these partners -- just wonder if it isn't a better use of my time to go see the egress.

<lol>

Bob H
Old Jan 23, 2013, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Exp
Agree that the value of the new options are way too low to justify the time and effort to respond to the earnings options. May just tread water until I see whether the to be announced "travel partners" change the equation. If not, adios e-miles!
Old Jan 24, 2013, 6:57 am

Programs: Delta Gold, HH Gold
They are still partners with Hilton HHonors - at least as of this morning. But to switch from Delta miles to HHonors points a few years ago I had to cancel my Delta E-Miles account and open a new HHonors E-Miles account. 1000 HHonors points for 500 E-Miles points.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.