Bye Bye Skymiles via e-Miles

Old Dec 27, 2012, 2:23 pm

Programs: Delta PM
I have 500 miles to deposit but just realized that I joined back when I was with NWA so it's still showing the old account number. I couldn't change it online and e-Miles have not responded to my email requesting help. Guess it's Amazon gift certs for me?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by currentjer
Another hint of the revenue-based model?
I don't think RDMs has anything to do with MQMs.

RDM's will always be 1 to 1 with 50% bonus for premium Y fares/First class.

Revenue based model for MQM's is what if anything will change. And even that I think is very speculative. if DL goes to rev bases MQM's no doubt I will status match to United and call it a day. Service may not be better but award travel and Star Alliance is worth it to me considering 95% of my travel is on LUT fares.

Also, think about AMEX? DL and Amex have a very strong partnership so i doubt they have any plans at all to drop miles earned thru AMEX.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by bfxfd
Im not seeing how you are making the connection between this and a revenue based skymiles. I agree that there are changes coming to skymiles but this and the other survey based earning channels are so insignificant. Take a look at some of the other promos out there. There are no shortage of ways to earn miles.
Yes, it could just as easily be that those sites weren't buying enough miles from DL to make it worth it, or they were forced to pay less per mile than before. Advertisers only pay for the eyeballs if it's worth it for them, but everyone knows how to work those survey sites, you get as many surveys/ads as you possibly can so you can get miles for each one. I've never bought anything from any of the ads but I've racked up thousands of miles. Advertisers are probably figuring out it's not worth it and thus will pay less meaning the site can't pay as much to DL.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 2:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AZWildcat97
I have 500 miles to deposit but just realized that I joined back when I was with NWA so it's still showing the old account number. I couldn't change it online and e-Miles have not responded to my email requesting help. Guess it's Amazon gift certs for me?
No, you can still use your old FF number for e-miles and it will show up in your DL account. I've done it several times and when I e-mailed them to change it a couple years ago they told me they'd change it but it wasn't strictly necessary.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 2:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mridley2
I don't think RDMs has anything to do with MQMs.

RDM's will always be 1 to 1 with 50% bonus for premium Y fares/First class.

Revenue based model for MQM's is what if anything will change. And even that I think is very speculative. if DL goes to rev bases MQM's no doubt I will status match to United and call it a day. Service may not be better but award travel and Star Alliance is worth it to me considering 95% of my travel is on LUT fares.

Also, think about AMEX? DL and Amex have a very strong partnership so i doubt they have any plans at all to drop miles earned thru AMEX.
What is your basis for saying so? They could change this at any time. Though certainly higher spend will be better rewarded somehow.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Because its a last minute notice of the cessation in that earning opportunity. In my experience, DL likes to make last minute unannounced changes particularly when they aren't popular... and we're getting those coming more frequently.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL-DM, 2MM; AA,QF,UA, WN. Every imaginable hotel program
Good riddance! I say. The surveys were a royal pain. Time poorly spent! I gave up on it back in the pre-merger days.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 2:43 pm

Programs: United Silver, AA, Delta, Marriott, Hyatt.
Are the miles I get on my power bill (from Energy Plus) next to go?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 2:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by rylan
E-Rewards gone too. Smells more and more like the skymiles program change is nearing... and it doesn't smell good!
Agreed. The incompatibility of revenue-based models and E-Rewards/E-Miles is a great theory. Now, if B6 and WN didn't partner with them, it would make the theory more believable, but that is a minor inconvenience when you have a great theory.

I say we just blow up any exceedingly minor change to the partner lineup as portending a complete overhaul of SkyMiles!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 3:07 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by pbarnette
Agreed. The incompatibility of revenue-based models and E-Rewards/E-Miles is a great theory.
I found E-rewards with Hilton to be a better deal.

Bob H
Old Dec 27, 2012, 3:20 pm
Suspended

Agreed. The incompatibility of revenue-based models and E-Rewards/E-Miles is a great theory. Now, if B6 and WN didn't partner with them, it would make the theory more believable, but that is a minor inconvenience when you have a great theory.

I say we just blow up any exceedingly minor change to the partner lineup as portending a complete overhaul of SkyMiles!
It also means that DL is going to change to all hovercraft.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 3:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by HongKonger
It also means that DL is going to change to all hovercraft.
I had heard that they were switching to an all A380 fleet, myself.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 3:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I had heard that they were switching to an all A380 fleet, myself.
Only for PBI-FLL flights.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Alas, poor e-things.

Well, redeemed for a final batch of 2,000 SkyMiles. Still have a decent balance. The e-Miles email said they'll have AA, UA and WN as partners next year, so I guess I'll be redeeming for whatever UA calls its quatloos. I don't recall whether e-Miles will be offering those partners as well.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 7:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Natl Exec
Yep, as stated, E-miles and E-rewards and Delta are done. Here is my email from e-rewards:

As an e-Rewards® Member who joined us from either Delta Air Lines or Northwest Airlines and has claimed Delta SkyMiles®, we wanted to notify you that Delta Air Lines has chosen to no longer make SkyMiles® available to us as a Reward option. However, as of January 1, 2013 you can redeem your e-Rewards Currency for an expanded list of frequent flyer currency from American Airlines, Southwest, and United, as well as other travel partners!

EARN 25% MORE IN 2013

To show our appreciation for your participation in 2012 and to make your e-Rewards Currency go further with your new Reward options, we are going to award you quarterly bonuses for your activity during 2013. You can earn 25% MORE e-Rewards Currency for every survey answered!*

What's the catch? There isn't one -- just keep responding to surveys! Your 25% bonus will be credited after each calendar quarter during 2013 based upon all the e-Rewards Currency you earned during that quarter.

It's our way of saying - Thank you!

*Your 25% earnings (e-Rewards Bonus) will be credited within 2 weeks following the end of every calendar quarter. We'll notify you when your account has been credited.

Got a few miles out of it as well as a $50 Starbucks gift card for my wife. Oh well, moving on.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.