Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FedEx came today.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:28 am

Programs: DL PM, AS MVPG, Hyatt DIA, PC PLAT, Club Carl Gold, HH Gold, Accor Dia
Originally Posted by FWAAA
Here in Los Angeles this week at Costco and other outlets, it's more like $125 for JW Blue. Not that I'd look a free bottle in the stopper.
Funny to describe it as "free" when he spends >$100k/yr. I might phrase it as a 0.125% rebate! Who says loyalty isn't a two-way street.

To the OP how did it arrive via FEDEX: Saver/2Day/Next Day Express? Knowing Delta its whatever was cheapest.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 1:05 am

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
I should have my assistant check the door of my house. In Hawaii on a paid F ticket, sure I'll qualify
Old Dec 21, 2012, 4:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by javabytes
FedEx is coming to me tomorrow too... to deliver my shiny new Platinum non-DL AmEx. Part of my continued efforts to cut my ties to the SkyPesos program. Merry Christmas, DL!
Careful....that card will get you into a SC when flying DL.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 8:10 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DM
Originally Posted by OLYflyer
Funny to describe it as "free" when he spends >$100k/yr. I might phrase it as a 0.125% rebate! Who says loyalty isn't a two-way street.

To the OP how did it arrive via FEDEX: Saver/2Day/Next Day Express? Knowing Delta its whatever was cheapest.
I didn't describe it as free.

When your children give you gifts to you quantify them with the costs of raising them? It takes a real grinch to find fault in Delta doing something they certainly didn't have to do, something that has nothing to do with who I choose to travel with. It's a token of appreciation at a timely part of the calendar. Something they've apparently done for years.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 8:15 am

Programs: Several dozen
I'm depresssed - all I got this year from Delta Claus was a lump of coal in the form of a note saying that my e-Miles will no longer be able to convert to Skymiles. Oh, I wuz robbed!
Old Dec 21, 2012, 8:17 am

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Congrats to those that have received their gift from DL.
I am still waiting for mine!
Old Dec 21, 2012, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by javabytes
FedEx is coming to me tomorrow too... to deliver my shiny new Platinum non-DL AmEx. Part of my continued efforts to cut my ties to the SkyPesos program. Merry Christmas, DL!
I bet it's coming UPS
Old Dec 21, 2012, 9:54 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Careful....that card will get you into a SC when flying DL.
Plus AA when flying AA.
US when flying anyone.
And a ton of international lounges with Priority Pass.

As for gifts from Delta, it's the thought that counts, not the dollar value of the gift. I say this as a PM who didn't receive anything. But I did finish the year with about a 90% upgrade percentage, minimal delays on more than 50 flights this year and some pretty good service on more than a few flights. I used my SWU certificates, my DL AMEX Reserve companion cert. and booked several SkyMiles award tickets without much trouble. I'd say I got what I expected from DL this year.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:04 pm

FedEx came today.

Is this a DM perk or something based on 'customer value'. The reason I ask is this could impact my decision on CC spend and/or MQM year end purchase. I just barely made DM this year but did NOT spend $100k, more like $35k. Should I watch for the FedEx man?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 2:08 pm

JW Blue makes total sense as JW and Delta are birds of a feather. Blue is a mid-tier blended scotch sold for 6-8 times it's actual value because of a lot of marketing and fans with dubious critical thinking ability. It's a bit like the SkyMiles program really.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 2:16 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
And just like a Delta passenger with a gold card trumps one with a blue one, the scotch inside the gold labelled bottle is better than the one inside the blue labelled bottle.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by motytrah
JW Blue makes total sense as JW and Delta are birds of a feather. Blue is a mid-tier blended scotch sold for 6-8 times it's actual value because of a lot of marketing and fans with dubious critical thinking ability. It's a bit like the SkyMiles program really.
I don't think JW really markets any of their labels as superior to the others. They are all remarkably different. I prefer black, and double black over blue, but I wouldn't call them better, just different. JW and specifically JW Blue, certainly aren't mid tier brands.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 2:55 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Nor Delta markets BE as better than Coach. Just two different experiences...
Old Dec 21, 2012, 9:45 pm

Programs: DL GE
My wife received a box for us and the kids from her grandmother for Christmas, I went ahead and put a DELTA "Because, 2%." label on it before she could see it.

I got the same ornament I got last year and have been collecting since her grandmother started sending us packages! Thanks Delta!
Old Dec 22, 2012, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by fracas
I don't think JW really markets any of their labels as superior to the others. They are all remarkably different. I prefer black, and double black over blue, but I wouldn't call them better, just different. JW and specifically JW Blue, certainly aren't mid tier brands.
Someone gifted me some JW Blue a while back. I'll use it for making a rusty nail and other mixed scotched drinks for guests as I wouldn't waste a drop of a single malt on that kind of drink. If I was in a pinch I might use JW Blue to wash my car.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.