Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

"By the end of 2012, a walkway connector between Terminal C and D will be complete."

"By the end of 2012, a walkway connector between Terminal C and D will be complete."

Old Dec 19, 12, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Whenever I fly ex-LGA, I get an email from DL reminding me to "Confirm my LGA Terminal 24 Hours Before Departure". The email has the above sentence in it, which clearly is not accurate. And, I can't imagine the walkway will be complete in the next 11 days.

Does anyone know the new projected date?
Old Dec 19, 12, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL
Got the same email when I flew through there last week....that connector is in no way going to be done in the next week or two. Oh, and you can check your gate all you want but there seemed to be a lot of gate switches going on there.

It's been almost 20 years since the last time I was through LGA and I'd be happy if it's at least that long until I'm through there again.
Old Dec 19, 12, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL DM
LGA never really bothers me... and rarely have I had my gate switch within 8 hours of departure (at least to a different terminal...). Plus, being able to get there in ~15 minutes from Manhattan is a plus (granted, at 6AM...).
Old Dec 19, 12, 7:09 pm

Programs: Delta, United, AA, Jet Blue .... Whichever is Cheapest
The LGA C-D connector bus is the fastest and easiest bus transfer at any airport I've ever been to.
Old Dec 19, 12, 8:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Natl Exec
I was wondering the same thing. I got that email last week before my flight out of LGA. Anyone know how the walkway is progressing?
Old Dec 20, 12, 6:04 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by RRDD View Post
The LGA C-D connector bus is the fastest and easiest bus transfer at any airport I've ever been to.
Ironically the bus from 5A takes the longest.

Although I wish the OP put LGA in the thread title, I was hoping the old walkway in ATL between C and D reopened.
Old Dec 20, 12, 8:14 am

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by aviatorzz View Post
Ironically the bus from 5A takes the longest.
I could not agree more with the both of you!

I can't wait for the walkway between C and D to be completed and I can't wait for ALL Delta Connection flights to go out of C so that I never have to take that damn bus again from 5A!
Old Dec 20, 12, 8:25 am

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by smachiz View Post
LGA never really bothers me... and rarely have I had my gate switch within 8 hours of departure (at least to a different terminal...). Plus, being able to get there in ~15 minutes from Manhattan is a plus (granted, at 6AM...).
The location relative to Manhattan is why anyone puts up with LGA, regardless of airline. It's a dump an many ways but it still saves a lot of time depeding on where you are at it in city.
Old Dec 20, 12, 9:03 am
[INACTIVE] Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Hi all,
I should have an update for you on the connector very soon. Please stay tuned!
thanks,
DLCorpGalNYC
Old Dec 20, 12, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, others
That's because you get in the front of the bus and out the back (without the bus moving)

The walk to the bus is longer than the connector is going to be, it seems.
Old Dec 20, 12, 9:32 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA PLT, UA Silver, former DL DM
The bus portion of the bus transfer is indeed fast. But let's not forget that awful mile-long ramp on the D side. Pretty sure it takes more time to walk up/down that thing than the bus transfer itself.

Will be very glad to see the walkway completed. Too bad it won't be finished in time for my LGA flight tomorrow.
Old Dec 20, 12, 10:49 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by flyerwma View Post
Whenever I fly ex-LGA, I get an email from DL reminding me to "Confirm my LGA Terminal 24 Hours Before Departure". The email has the above sentence in it, which clearly is not accurate. And, I can't imagine the walkway will be complete in the next 11 days.

Does anyone know the new projected date?

DL was using Award Calendar years (sort of like dog years) where "soon" means "never."
Old Dec 20, 12, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DLCorpGalNYC View Post
Hi all,
I should have an update for you on the connector very soon. Please stay tuned!
thanks,
DLCorpGalNYC
Thanks DLCorpGalNYC

While you are at it, can you look into the supposed 24 hour notice of what terminal a flight will depart. More than once I have done a 24 hour outbound and return, and checked the arriving terminal for the return before departing LGA. Based upon what I was told, I parked at Term C, only to arrive at Term D -- not ideal.
Old Dec 20, 12, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
I don't know why all the hate for LGA from Delta fliers. Both C and D are rather nice, as airline terminals go (though D is not terribly aesthetically pleasing, and C is still a little rough around the edges in places, because of the renovations).

Since taking over C, neither C nor D are outrageously crowded, like D used to be, and there are plenty of amenities. The new long bar thing in C is pretty cool too.
Old Dec 20, 12, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by Tower18 View Post
I don't know why all the hate for LGA from Delta fliers. Both C and D are rather nice, as airline terminals go (though D is not terribly aesthetically pleasing, and C is still a little rough around the edges in places, because of the renovations).

Since taking over C, neither C nor D are outrageously crowded, like D used to be, and there are plenty of amenities. The new long bar thing in C is pretty cool too.
i agree. i live half way between LGA and JFK and i'll always pick LGA when i have a choice.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: