FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   why won't app populate my calendar? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1417468-why-wont-app-populate-my-calendar.html)

jamienbaker Dec 14, 2012 10:57 am

why won't app populate my calendar?

All - did a search, nothing turned up. Current iPhone app won't populate calendar on iPad, tells me I need to enable privacy settings. AA and BA apps have no problem populating, my settings already allow for this. Thoughts on a workaround (other than going old-school and TYPING the itinerary in)?

sethb Dec 14, 2012 12:23 pm

Here's a nickel, kid, get a real computer.

chimphappyhour Dec 14, 2012 12:32 pm

Maybe the iphone is using apple maps to get directions on how to send the info to your ipad? :p

sterno24 Dec 14, 2012 12:40 pm

Just to be sure...you've got the following?

Settings -> Privacy -> Calendars -> Fly Delta <ON>

It that is not set, on the iphone 5 i get the "This app does not have access to your calendars".

Have no issue otherwise. Possibly close the app and restart? Restart your phone?

jamienbaker Dec 14, 2012 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by sterno24 (Post 19857095)
Use the Delta app. Click "View My Trips". Click on the itinerary your want to add to your calendar. Scroll to bottom of itinerary details and press "Add to Calendar"

That will open your calendar and have the info auto-populated. You can change the appointment details as you desire...and save.

It will now be on your calendar.

That's precisely what's not working. App tells me privacy settings need to be adjusted, but they are configured correctly and apps of other airlines have no such difficulty. If someone has an iPhone or iPad and an existing Delta res, can they successfully populate?

sterno24 Dec 14, 2012 12:52 pm

Sorry...misred and changed my reply. see above

yes...i have just changed the privacy settings on/off and deleted the exiting reservation in the app...added it back, etc

Created a calendar entry when privacy settings were set to <ON>

sterno24 Dec 14, 2012 12:56 pm

This is all on my phone. When I look at the tablet...there isn't an entry for Delta in the Calendar privacy/access.

i wonder if this is because it's an iphone app running on the ipad?

jamienbaker Dec 14, 2012 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by sterno24 (Post 19857212)
This is all on my phone. When I look at the tablet...there isn't an entry for Delta in the Calendar privacy/access.

i wonder if this is because it's an iphone app running on the ipad?

That's what I'm wondering, though a colleague encountered the same issue on iPhone 5 running iOS 6. There's no on/off with privacy, rather apps that request access (like British Airways) are shown. But no Delta. So the solution in prior post didn't help.

rcrbj Jan 7, 2013 11:58 am

Same calendar issue....none of solutions offered worked.

I'm running current version (1.7.4) of Fly Delta iPhone app on my iPhone 4S running current IOS version (6.0.1). I've rebooted and reinstalled the app. Still, when I pull up one of my trips and tell it to add to calendar, it tells me to enable access in my privacy settings for my calendar. When I go there it shows the apps that do have access (no Fly Delta) and says that these are the applications that have requested access to my calendar. And I believe that's the protocol.....the app will ask for access to your calendar, your location, or whatever. This capability used to work properly....now it doesn't. Any other ideas? Thx And, you can save the anti apple comments....this app will go first!

Shefra Jan 7, 2013 12:54 pm

wherez my calendar access?

Originally Posted by rcrbj (Post 19994958)
I'm running current version (1.7.4) of Fly Delta iPhone app on my iPhone 4S running current IOS version (6.0.1). I've rebooted and reinstalled the app. Still, when I pull up one of my trips and tell it to add to calendar, it tells me to enable access in my privacy settings for my calendar. When I go there it shows the apps that do have access (no Fly Delta) and says that these are the applications that have requested access to my calendar. And I believe that's the protocol.....the app will ask for access to your calendar, your location, or whatever. This capability used to work properly....now it doesn't. Any other ideas? Thx And, you can save the anti apple comments....this app will go first!

Ever since I've upgrade to iOS6, I can no longer access my calendar as the person above, I cannot go to privacy and try and add FlyDelta either as there us not way I see to do this. There is not prompt for me to do it.
Please advise.
Thanks

BoboDM Jan 8, 2013 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Shefra (Post 19995418)
Ever since I've upgrade to iOS6, I can no longer access my calendar as the person above, I cannot go to privacy and try and add FlyDelta either as there us not way I see to do this. There is not prompt for me to do it.
Please advise.
Thanks

Same issue with me and the versions listed with the Delta app/iOS6. Used to work great, seems like a bug fix/calendar permission request issue with the Delta app. Please advise, somebody.

jamienbaker Jan 11, 2013 3:38 am

Originally Posted by BoboDM (Post 20004320)
Same issue with me and the versions listed with the Delta app/iOS6. Used to work great, seems like a bug fix/calendar permission request issue with the Delta app. Please advise, somebody.

2.0, released overnight, fixes calendar.

Shefra Jan 11, 2013 8:02 am

Fixed Delta Listened?

Originally Posted by jamienbaker (Post 20023481)
2.0, released overnight, fixes calendar.

After Posting about my frustrations with the Delta app, I also decided to Tweet Delta about fixing their app!
I figured, what the Heck, right?
I've found that they DO seem to respond to respond to a more public outcry.
And maybe this worked, and maybe it was just timing.
But whatever the case: YAY!
Delta 2.o
THANKS!
Nonetheless.
we might start tweeting about other issues en mass?