FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Economy Comfort Questions.. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1416922-economy-comfort-questions.html)

DeltaFlyer628 Dec 12, 2012 9:09 pm

Economy Comfort Questions..

I'm flying on a 772 tomorrow and I'm currently in the bulkhead. I want to know if you can use the lav behind 14D in the biz elite cabin and if I'm served last. Any answer are EXTREMELY helpful!

TTT Dec 12, 2012 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaFlyer628 (Post 19847083)
I'm flying on a 772 tomorrow and I'm currently in the bulkhead. I want to know if you can use the lav behind 14D in the biz elite cabin and if I'm served last. Any answer are EXTREMELY helpful!

The carts start at row 31 and work their way back so you will be first served. You are not supposed to use the lav in BE - you can only use the lav in your ticketed cabin (there is no lav behind 14D anyway - the mid-cabin BE lav is in-front of 11D). Your closest lav is at row 41.

aviatorzz Dec 12, 2012 9:28 pm

I am confused. You are are the front of the coach cabin, why would they serve you last?

Also, IIRC, J passengers have a front lav or 2 and the one by the second bulkhead in J. If there is one behind 14D, more than likely that's a Y lav.

MSPeconomist Dec 12, 2012 9:28 pm

IIRC the BE lavatories on the 777 are in the very front and in front of 11(?)D, which is the handicapped lavatory. AFAIK there is no BE lavatory behind row 14. I fact, there's just a thin wall between row 14 and the first row of EC, at least in the center section (no galley, etc.), and I've never noticed a lavatory in that row on the right that would be for coach and especially EC passengers. Maybe it's there, but from BE I never noticed it.

CarmenOM Dec 12, 2012 10:41 pm

I flew a 777 three days ago in seat 31A (bulkhead) of EC and a month earlier in seat 31J. I can confirm that there are no lavs behind row 14, just a thin wall and curtains over the doorways. There is a lot of legroom in row 31.

IndyKiwi Dec 13, 2012 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by CarmenOM (Post 19847486)
I flew a 777 three days ago in seat 31A (bulkhead) of EC and a month earlier in seat 31J. I can confirm that there are no lavs behind row 14, just a thin wall and curtains over the doorways. There is a lot of legroom in row 31.

So would you recommend row 31? Do they have the individual TV's in the arm of the seats? Thanks

HongKonger Dec 13, 2012 8:44 pm

Economy Comfort Questions..

Yes the 77Ls and 744s all have personal video. 31 are good seats, especially C and G. But seats are slightly narrower than other economy sets and arm rests cant be raises due to tray tables in the arm rests.

IndyKiwi Dec 13, 2012 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by HongKonger (Post 19853382)
Yes the 77Ls and 744s all have personal video. 31 are good seats, especially C and G. But seats are slightly narrower than other economy sets and arm rests cant be raises due to tray tables in the arm rests.

Thanks appreciate the advice. Looking for good seats since we'll be in them for 14 wonderful hours (LAX-SYD)

HongKonger Dec 13, 2012 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by IndyKiwi (Post 19853435)

Thanks appreciate the advice. Looking for good seats since we'll be in them for 14 wonderful hours (LAX-SYD)

Logged many a 16-hour flight in those seats and never had a complaint. DTW-HKG direct... Sniff...

CarmenOM Dec 14, 2012 5:51 am

Originally Posted by IndyKiwi (Post 19853356)
So would you recommend row 31? Do they have the individual TV's in the arm of the seats? Thanks

I would definitely recommend row 31. I prefer the window seats A and J because you have the option to lean against the wall/window to sleep and also have a sliver of storage space between seat and wall. There is plenty of room to exit from the window seat without making others get up.

I am about 5'3". When I stretched my legs straight out in front of me there was at least a foot of space between my feet and the wall.

I was in those seats SIN-NRT-MSP so I logged quite a few hours in 31A!

rwoman Dec 14, 2012 6:08 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...t-seating.html

:)

chimphappyhour Dec 14, 2012 6:57 am

Count me as another vote for row 31 window seats. No one will bother you there. Avoid the row 31 seats in the middle block. Those will be a major thru-way for those who have taken up walking laps of the plane. I think the rest of what I said should be linked in the 777 entry in the EC thread rwoman put up.