FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   New Venture and Thank You (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1416768-new-venture-thank-you.html)

Kevin_SkyMiles Promotions Dec 12, 2012 12:16 pm

New Venture and Thank You

To all my friends on FlyerTalk. As you’ve learned here, I will be taking advantage of an early-out package and my last day will be December 31, 2012. Just a quick note to say good bye and thank you for all the support you have given to Delta Air Lines over the years. I have thoroughly enjoyed interacting with you all on FT - your passion and honesty is what makes FlyerTalk such valuable communication channel.

Best of luck to you all and Happy Holiday's.

Kevin

DLroads Dec 12, 2012 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Kevin_SkyMiles Promotions (Post 19844031)
To all my friends on FlyerTalk. As you’ve learned here, I will be taking advantage of an early-out package and my last day will be December 31, 2012. Just a quick note to say good bye and thank you for all the support you have given to Delta Air Lines over the years. I have thoroughly enjoyed interacting with you all on FT - your passion and honesty is what makes FlyerTalk such valuable communication channel.

Best of luck to you all and Happy Holiday's.

Kevin

Thank you, thank you, thank you Kevin!

What else can we say? thank you for always going the extra mile to help us find solutions... thank you for ensuring that system wide problems are resolved (one of my old favorites is that you resolved a three months standing PV coding problem that no else seems to care about but the pax who lost all their miles... and you've solved it in less than an hour!), thank you for always seeking a way to help, thank you for watching our back, thank you for going above and beyond your duty.

Best of luck in the new ventures, and come back as a high $$$ paid consultant for delta!

DLroads

rubesl Dec 12, 2012 12:25 pm

Kevin,

We met at the ATLDO. I never asked you for anything, but it has always been comforting knowing you were available. Now I do have a small favor to ask - as a final act of mercy would you please, in the next 2˝ weeks, fix Delta's IT and the "new & improved" delta.com!

MSPeconomist Dec 12, 2012 12:26 pm

DLroads seems to have said it all, but I'd like to add my own big thank you. We hope you'll come back to visit us on FT and let us know what you're doing and how you're doing.

DiverDave Dec 12, 2012 12:27 pm

God bless and best wishes!

David

TrojanTraveler Dec 12, 2012 12:28 pm

Thank you very much, Kevin, for you intelligence and diligence over the years. You will be truly missed. Good luck in your future endeavors (not that you need the luck).

dgxoxo Dec 12, 2012 12:30 pm

Thanks, and best of luck in the future!

remyontheroad Dec 12, 2012 12:31 pm

I've been pretty absent from the board for the last year or so I haven't followed all the new screen names.

Is this Kevin Pinto?

Who was always so helpful with getting proper miles credited?
If so, it's a huge loss for us and for DL...

Kevin, very happy for you if you're finding something better, but you will be sorely missed. I haven't had to bother you in a good long while, but you were instrumental in making DL a liveable place to spend so much of my time.

Good luck,
Remy

Jaimito Cartero Dec 12, 2012 12:32 pm

Gracias, Kevin.

How come it seems that all the good ones are leaving?

rylan Dec 12, 2012 12:33 pm

Thanks Kevin for everything you've done for us, as well as some of the issues you helped me with. Best of luck to you :)

jackplum Dec 12, 2012 12:36 pm

Delta and the FT community are losing a real asset.

Thanks for all your help over the years.

There is a dive trip with your name on it in Aruba!!!!

jack

CalVol Dec 12, 2012 12:40 pm

Thanks for all you've done! Good luck in your new endeavors!

And, one more thing....Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!:D

DLdweeb Dec 12, 2012 12:41 pm

Kevin,

First off, thanks for the wonderful service you have provided over the years. Your dedication was evident, but your ability to actually get things done will be sorely missed.

Best of luck in your future endeavors. Don't be a stranger......

Robert Leach Dec 12, 2012 12:55 pm

Kevin,

Thanks very much. While I only needed your help once, the fact that you were willing to offer it then and continue to be available for us is appreciated more than you will ever know.

Best of luck on your future endeavors. Delta is losing a quality individual. Not sure early-out packages make sense in situations such as this, but glad you could take advantage of it.

Canarsie Dec 12, 2012 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by remyontheroad (Post 19844159)
Is this Kevin Pinto?

Yes.

Kevin typically does not like to be the center of attention, which is why the news — although known for several months by some of us — has been kept quiet.

I personally wanted the dissemination of the news to be on his terms — and, for the most part, that has now happened.

He has let me know that he would love to get together with his friends on FlyerTalk — yes, that includes you — and I will personally ensure that that happens.

Please stay tuned...