Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Looking for award seat from SGN-BKK-HKT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum

Hello fellow travelers,

I am looking to get 2 award seats for honeymoon from SGN-BKK-HKT (stays at BKK for 3 days and fly out to HKT for another 3 days).

I have 60k of Skymiles to spend (I know that Star Alliance is much better in this region but I don't have any United miles yet, as I just completed my spending requirement on the Explorer card and the miles not posted yet for another month or so). I have about 90K from AA but saving that for trip back to the USA.

I don't think Delta fly from SGN-BKK, so that leave me the only option out of SGN is via Vietnam Airlines. However, the BKK-HKT segment, I am not sure which airlines to search the award with.

Could someone please point me to the right direction. So far, I haven't call Delta yet because I want to do my homework first before give them a call.

Thank you.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: DL GM
your better off flying Air Asia on such short segmants. I just got back from HKT and it was awesome as allways! And I think there is a mileage redemption option on Air asia?
Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum
The RT for 2 with AirAsia for SGN-DMK-HKT-DMK-SGN is about $550, which is not bad. I may go that route. I was just wanted to get rid of the Skymiles since they have been sitting in the account for awhile due to I cannot redeem one way business class from USA-VN

Thanks for pointing me to AirAsia.

I believe that the redemption of Skymiles on AirAsia is only for member residing in Asia unfortunately.

Cheers.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 2:26 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Go to itasoftware.com and price revenue flights on this route.

It might be cheap enough just to buy the tickets and save your miles for long-haul flights.

It it sure to be a heck of a lot easier than calling up DL and explaining what an Air Asia is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.