Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What happens to Economy Comfort seats if you drop to Silver?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2012, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver

I will go from GM to SM on March 1 next year. I am currently booking a flight for March 2-15. If I select Economy Comfort seats now, will I lose those on March 1? Or will I get to keep the seats since I selected them when I am a GM.

PS - I will roll over 24K miles next year, so should be back to GM by April
Old Nov 29, 2012, 8:00 pm
Suspended

I think seat selection should stick, unless there is an equipment change.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 8:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
I think seat selection should stick, unless there is an equipment change.
This. Just hope the equipment doesn't change and you'll be fine.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 8:52 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
I think it might be like the CC forum for newbies - It disappears

Last year I was going from DM to nothing and before I ramped up to Plat, my seats which were all marked for upgrades and in exit rows got changed on March 2nd. May have been equipment change, I was not paying attention due to very busy period at work.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:05 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Originally Posted by DCFlyer0306
I will go from GM to SM on March 1 next year. I am currently booking a flight for March 2-15. If I select Economy Comfort seats now, will I lose those on March 1? Or will I get to keep the seats since I selected them when I am a GM.

PS - I will roll over 24K miles next year, so should be back to GM by April

That seems somewhat silly to me. If I were only 1K away from re-qualifying for GM, I wouldn't hesitate to make a little extra effort. At the very least I'd cough up the cash to buy 2500MQMs with that new promo... But I'm sure I could find a cheap RT to MKE or ORD/MDW for much less
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
That seems somewhat silly to me. If I were only 1K away from re-qualifying for GM, I wouldn't hesitate to make a little extra effort. At the very least I'd cough up the cash to buy 2500MQMs with that new promo... But I'm sure I could find a cheap RT to MKE or ORD/MDW for much less
I bet he or she is trying to get Plat next year. I could certainly see going for half the year at Silver to get Plat for the year after.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by Bttc
I bet he or she is trying to get Plat next year. I could certainly see going for half the year at Silver to get Plat for the year after.
My thought was the preserve the Gold status for as long as possible. I will likely fly around 40,000 MQM next year (with 25,000 MQM by April). If I go for Gold this year, I will drop to silver in 2013. However, if I roll over 24,000, I will drop to Silver for 2 months (March-April) and then re-qualify for Gold from April 2013 - February 2015

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.