Wiki Posts
Search

DL BE Meal Service to South America

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2012, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL/UA/AA/BA

Quick question - is it the same as TATL or is it different? My wife finds the TATL BE unsatisfying and would at ATL bring take out from One Flew South. Admittedly I as well find it boring - miss the old NW and OA adventure - so may bring food into BE service time as well unless there is something unique for South America. Any guidance is much appreciated.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 9:14 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
They had my fave on ATL-EZE last week: the braised short ribs (beef). yummy. And the Californian/French red wine choices.
Similar style, though, and same service as TATL. I had a pretty good crew and everything was very good.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 9:15 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Exact same as any TATL flight in BE.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:41 am

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
BOG-ATL depends on season. Within DST breakfast. Outside is lunch.

Standard fare; I always opt for OFS.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 2:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
ATL-EZE-ATL seemed indistinguishable from TATL BE on DL IME. However, it's the old (nonreconfigured) 767-300. I also noticed fewer than expected elites; on the return flight in September, the purser told me I was the only DM on board, which seems incredible.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 4:41 am

Programs: AA EXP/AAIRPASS 2MM, UA 1K, SPG PLT

I flew ATL-EZE in BE back in Sept. and found it mind boggling (although in retrospect I probably shouldn't have been surprised) that there wasn't a single wine selection from South America. AA really does a good job customizing the food/bev options in this market...and that could be a reason locals prefer others to DL. Plus the hard product and the lounges are nothing to brag about.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 6:47 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
ATL-EZE-ATL seemed indistinguishable from TATL BE on DL IME. However, it's the old (nonreconfigured) 767-300. I also noticed fewer than expected elites; on the return flight in September, the purser told me I was the only DM on board, which seems incredible.
MSP, it has been swapped for the A332 (not that much better in J, IMO).
Old Nov 27, 2012, 6:53 am

Programs: Delta Ballast Medallion, Card Carrying Honorary KM
Originally Posted by travelsensei
I flew ATL-EZE in BE back in Sept. and found it mind boggling (although in retrospect I probably shouldn't have been surprised) that there wasn't a single wine selection from South America.

Really? Must have changed the selection - when I went down a couple years ago, I was introduced to some very nice Argentine wines, and even as a none regular wine drinker, I would have loved to have brought some back.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 6:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DLATL777
MSP, it has been swapped for the A332 (not that much better in J, IMO).
About a year ago, it was briefly the 767-400 with flat beds.

ADDED. IMO the A330 is much better than the horrid old 767-300 in BE.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Nov 27, 2012 at 7:08 am
Old Nov 27, 2012, 6:58 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
They had my fave on ATL-EZE last week: the braised short ribs (beef). yummy. And the Californian/French red wine choices.
Similar style, though, and same service as TATL. I had a pretty good crew and everything was very good.
I wish they would bring back the Rioja Reserva. I loved that red.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.