2012 Purchase MQMs is back

Old Nov 7, 2012, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by DwayneSkyMiles
. I’ll be back to update you soon and let you know when it’s live.
Welcome! Thanks for posting!!! Looking forward to hearing the news :-)
Old Nov 7, 2012, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Dwayne,

Welcome to FT!

Thanks in advance for helping keep us informed!

Old Nov 7, 2012, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Welcome and thanks for posting. I will have 121K MQM by year end with what I have booked and I am going to try with all my might to resist the temptaion to buy an extra 4K MQM to make DM. It will not be easy as the magic DM is so tempting.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Welcome to the board. I look forward to hearing news. But I would kindly suggest that DL can the idea of people buying MQM so they can reach the next level. The ranks are already bloated which reduces the value of the product. Yeah I know it increases revenue but on the other hand plenty of people do end of year mileage runs which also increases revenue.

Look at all the complaints about the hoards that now board in Sky Priority and Zone 1.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 3:57 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
...we know how big of a hit this program is and we’re working on something similar for 2012, but it’s not quite ready. I’ll be back to update you soon and let you know when it’s live.
Welcome, Dwayne! FWIW I thought the MQMs for charity donation promo a couple of years ago was a win-win...if not too late to consider such an option. I'm dropping to nothing medallion next year & buying MQMs won't even help me based on previous caps, but I would consider if tied to a cause.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, SkyClub, HHonors Gold, Emerald Exec Elite
Thanks DwayneSkymiles, will come in handy if mileage run options fall through.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by rwoman
Dwayne,

Welcome to FT!

Thanks in advance for helping keep us informed!

+1

We appreciate the heads up.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 5:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
I am super happy to see posts like this. I am sure some will be unhappy about selling mqms and some will be happy. But I guarantee everyone is happy to see official DL posts here!
Old Nov 7, 2012, 5:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
DLCorpGirl posted a few days ago that I would be joining Delta’s ambassador team and this is my first FT post. I’m going to be here monitoring as much as I can and will post updates as we have them. I’d like to jump in to this conversation to say that we know how big of a hit this program is and we’re working on something similar for 2012, but it’s not quite ready. I’ll be back to update you soon and let you know when it’s live.
Welcome to FT. We're glad you're here.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 6:22 pm

A news flash those boarding priority and zone one are the likely purchasers of the MQM's. I doubt there are many if any zone 2, 3 or 4 passengers buying MQM's, so the ranks wont change much, just Delta's bottom line.

Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
Welcome to the board. I look forward to hearing news. But I would kindly suggest that DL can the idea of people buying MQM so they can reach the next level. The ranks are already bloated which reduces the value of the product. Yeah I know it increases revenue but on the other hand plenty of people do end of year mileage runs which also increases revenue.

Look at all the complaints about the hoards that now board in Sky Priority and Zone 1.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 7:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
Welcome, Dwayne, and thanks for the update. Don't be a stranger. We mean well most of the time.
Ditto! Glad you're here.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 7:27 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I loved the program two years ago that allowed donations to Atlanta-area charities like the Grady Health Foundation and provided an incentive of MQM in return. If you can include an element of charitable giving in this year's program, as well, that would be a really nice holiday gesture!
Old Nov 7, 2012, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Welcome to FT!
Old Nov 7, 2012, 8:16 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar

There is nothing wrong with the current system. Anyhoo, welcome to Flyertalk!
Old Nov 7, 2012, 9:55 pm

Programs: DL FO, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
When you earn MQM's DL is making money in one way, shape or form. I agree with you, I have no problems with the promos. I've earned 750 MQM in the past month from Hilton stays and they were at hotels I didn't even think were participating!
Good point. Depending on what people need, there's some other options that might be more cost effective than buying. I looked at buying last year and it seemed expensive. Racking up some time at a Hilton before that expires 12/15 and doing rentals from Hertz, which is running 250 MQM for rentals, can bring in some miles.

Also, they're running the promo where if you buy a Skyclub membership you get 2 months extra for free or 1500 MQMs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.